NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Loomer
    Loomer

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 38 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:16 am

Milchcow wrote:

Assuming no HLF above Lam in your 14-21, then that is correct.

Thanks. I have nice double loop set up with Lodge and if Cleary out

3 MID Lodge
    7 HLF Cleary
    9 CTR Averillo

Bench
    14 HOK
    15 HOK
    16 EDG
    17 WFB
    18 CTR Roberts
    19 HLF Lam
    20 MID Leniu
    21 MID Alvaro

If Leniu terrible score swap 3 and 21
    If Lam really bad score( sub 30) swap 9 and 18
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 38 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:24 am

Loomer wrote:

If Lam really bad score( sub 30) swap 9 and 18

With scores of 20 and 19 from Averillo so far, are you really sure that you want to do this second part of the loop?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Got my setup for looping Hoy and Avo for the halves spot, any issues with it?

Cleary at HLF
    Hoy at 17
    Avo at 18
    Uto at 19

If Avo goes big, then switch Hoy and Uto, otherwise leave as is and get Hoy's score.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:37 pm

Just another perspective for anyone with 4 halves. Obviously you can't loop with 2 halves on your bench, but if I decide not to trade, my setup will look like this;

HLF CLeary
    HLF Milf
    CTR Niu
    CTR Bird

17 Avo
    18 Leniu
    19 Lam

Basically, if you have both Avo and Niu, if Lam guns it and you want his score, swap Avo and Niu. If Leniu outscores Lam, leave as is.
    Slug
    Slug

Post by Slug Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:19 pm

This looping stuff does my head in. Could anyone tell me how to best do it with this line up? Cheers, Slug.Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 38 6d335a10
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:32 pm

I currently have the following setup, see any gaps in my logic?

Cleary HLF
    Papy WFB

Niu 16
    Hoy 17
    Avo 18
    Leniu 19
    Simonsson 20
    Uto 21

If I do nothing, Niu gets sent to WFB and Hoy gets sent to HLF

If Simonsson gets a big score, then I would swap Uto and Niu, meaning that Hoy gets sent to HLF and Simo gets sent to WFB

If Avo gets a big score, I would swap Liddle and Hoy, however I'm not sure whether Hoy would get sent to HLF or WFB if he's the first player available for both positions.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:41 pm

Slug wrote:This looping stuff does my head in. Could anyone tell me how to best do it with this line up? Cheers, Slug.Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 38 6d335a10

Make reserves

Utokamanu
    Lam
    Moylan
    Averillo

If you are happy with Lam's score leave it as is, Lam will sub in for Cleary as the first Half on your bench. If Lam stinks, you can swap either Moylan or Averillo with Uto as they wouldn't have played yet and you'll get their score instead.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Slug wrote:This looping stuff does my head in. Could anyone tell me how to best do it with this line up? Cheers,

You have 3 halves 18-20 You should move Stefano to 18 and move the rest down 1. Lam plays first so if he scores rubbish you can swap Stefano with Averillo or Moylan to take Cleary spot
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I currently have the following setup, see any gaps in my logic?

however I'm not sure whether Hoy would get sent to HLF or WFB if he's the first player available for both positions.

Yep, that's a tricky one. Milchcow once did a dummy run to try and determine. Can't remember the outcome.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:47 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yep, that's a tricky one. Milchcow once did a dummy run to try and determine. Can't remember the outcome.

I might just try that if Avo does well since worst case scenario I just get Hoy and Niu anyway.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:01 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

If Avo gets a big score, I would swap Liddle and Hoy, however I'm not sure whether Hoy would get sent to HLF or WFB if he's the first player available for both positions.

I assume that Hoy is now in 14 or 15 and Liddle is in 17. In this case Hoy will sub into HLF and Niu will go into WFB
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:06 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Bethany_B wrote:
    I might just try that if Avo does well since worst case scenario I just get Hoy and Niu anyway.

The AE algorithm seemed to be smart enough to get the top 2 ranked players when one of them was DPP and could fill in either of 2 positions.

Didn't do enough thorough testing to work it out with 100% certainty though
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I think from memory I've done this before and the DPP bench will fill position from HOK down so would go HLF in this case
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:18 pm

Simple one for me with a short window to make a call. First look at simonsson if he shits the bed again, Niu takes his spot Infront of uto.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:45 am

Can I get my logic checked please?

HLF Cleary

17 Lodge
    18 Schuster
    19 Croker
    20 Milford

Schuster and Croker play first. If I like both their scores then leave it as is and Schuster goes to HLF and Croker goes to 17.

If I don't like Crokers score then I can swap Milf and Lodge, in which case I will get Milf at HLF and Schuster at 17.

Is that right? And would you have them in that order?

(This is all based on Schuster being named to start. If not, then I would keep Averillo and take the free look at Croker.)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:13 am

You are going to get Schuster whatever happens, but if you want to leave him in 18 to allow reverse trading then that is a good idea.

Who are your 14-16? Depending on how strong they are, I'd potentially play Milford and Schuster over them anyway and not worry abut the loop
    Slug
    Slug

Post by Slug Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 am

Thanks for the help guys. :ThumbsUp: Slug.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    You are going to get Schuster whatever happens, but if you want to leave him in 18 to allow reverse trading then that is a good idea.

Who are your 14-16? Depending on how strong they are, I'd potentially play Milford and Schuster over them anyway and not worry abut the loop

Yep you're ono it. Got him down there so I can reverse.

14 Crichton (Utoikamanu starting so I have edge cover)
    15 Turpin
    16 Liddle

Think the loop is worth it
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Is this right for a WFB loop?

Teddy Pap Laurie

14 HOK
    15 HOK
    16 EDG
    17 HLF

18 Moylan
    19 Avo
    20. Stefano
    21. Cleary

If Avo goes well, swap Moylan & Stefano, if not leave as is and get Moylan's score?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am