NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 21 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Bird is not getting in the 17 with that. CHT, Sele or Burr.....

Agree on that order? CHT to come in?
    I'd roll with cht. I'm putting him in too. I've got Xerri v roosters or Sele on the bench to choose from.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 21 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am

WT2K wrote:
    I'd roll with cht. I'm putting him in too. I've got Xerri v roosters or Sele on the bench to choose from.

Yeah, cheers. I'd roll with Sele for you champ...
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:48 pm

If I have D.Brown at 17, Garner at 18, CHT at 19, I should get Garner's score correct?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Spuddies wrote:If I have D.Brown at 17, Garner at 18, CHT at 19, I should get Garner's score correct?

Yes, you are all set.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:04 am

mattnz wrote:

Yes, you are all set.

Awesome, thanks.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:15 am

WT2K wrote:

I was going to use Okunbor and loop Bird/CHT but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Bird stayed in the centres and the loop is CHT or Sivo/Okunbor now... still not 100% between those two. Sivo slightly higher ceiling? Rolling Eyes
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:17 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Burns at 17 and brown in the halves and then..

Lawrie 18 to likely take burns’ spot
    Carty 19
    Rav 20
    CHT 21

That way when Carty plays first if he does ok I leave it. And if he doesn’t and I want CHT then I swap lawrie and burns and put Carty 18 yeah? Am I close?

If Carty plays first, you can't swap his position after he's played.

17 - Burns
    18 - Carty
    19 - Rav

If Carty plays well, you leave as is. If you think Rav will score higher then you swap Rav/Burns after Carty plays.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:26 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Burns at 17 and brown in the halves and then..

Lawrie 18 to likely take burns’ spot
    Carty 19
    Rav 20
    CHT 21

That way when Carty plays first if he does ok I leave it. And if he doesn’t and I want CHT then I swap lawrie and burns and put Carty 18 yeah? Am I close?

Carty is locked once he plays. If Carty scores poorly, swap CHT and Brown. If Carty scores well leave it and he'll sub for Brown (assuming no HLF above him in 14-16)

Lawrie plays so late in the round that you can't really do anything after seeing his score, you have to make the call to get his score or not before seeing him play. You can swap him with Rava or CHT but you'll have to make that call before seeing them play.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 am

filthridden wrote:

I was going to use Okunbor and loop Bird/CHT but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Bird stayed in the centres and the loop is CHT or Sivo/Okunbor now... still not 100% between those two. Sivo slightly higher ceiling? Rolling Eyes
    Sivo probably has the highest ceiling, though oknboku is up against Rava
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:34 am

Thanks @filthridden and @Milchy !

I set up as mattnz suggested with Garner at 18 now to take Burns’s spot and brown in my 17 so if Carty does well I will leave it as is but if he doesn’t I will swap CHT for brown in the 17 to gamble on him instead. If Cartwright scores in the 30s then who knows what I will do but you at least this way I got a free look first

Cheers lads
    churg
    churg

Post by churg Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:07 pm

If Halves were Morgan and Brown
    Emergency 5 -CHT
    Emergency 6 - Carty
    Would I get the highest score out of the two players or would I get the score of the player who plays first.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 pm

churg wrote:If Halves were Morgan and Brown
    Emergency 5 -CHT
    Emergency 6 - Carty
    Would I get the highest score out of the two players or would I get the score of the player who plays first.

You would get CHT because he is ranked highest.

The score they get or the order they play in is irrelevant.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:54 pm

There is a test currently underway to confirm how it handles DDP's, but in your example you get CHT. It goes down your list of ressies and picks the first half.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Here are 2 loops I tried last round.

There must be some smarts involved about picking who subs in.

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 21 Loop310
    Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 21 Loop410

1st case Kahu subbed in a WFB
    2nd case he subbed in as CTR

Only relevant difference was position of 2nd AE , so that must be a factor, unless someone has any other great ideas to test.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 am

I should have known that Milchy would be all over this, and saved myself some effort.  Smile

Here's the results for my test as well, which seem to align with those above.

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 21 Testy112

All three red-dots were covered by Elgey substituting into HLF, Peachey going into CTR and Gutho going into WFB. This result aligns with theory 4 from my previous post in this thread, and would seem to put a line through the other three theories I proposed.

I'll still continue with this for the next few weeks however, just to make sure.

Cheers

PS. This pretty crappy team managed to score 766 points (766 points overall) and jumped to ~ 87000 overall out of ~ 98000 teams. I'm not sure how many teams joined the comp this round but surely it can't be 10000. There must be a buttload of incomplete teams or teams that are full of Maloney's and Carter's.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:06 am

My AE test team for this week

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 21 Testy210

For each of the theories being tested the following should happen:

1. Sorting by player position from HOK > WFB
       Gutherson should sub into HLF. Wighton should sub into HLF. Watene-Zelezniak should sub into WFB.

2. Sorting by order of red-dots match (Hiroti first, then Walters, then Sailor)
        Gutherson should sub into WFB. Wighton should sub into HLF. Elgey should sub into HLF.

3. Sorting by substitutes first named position
        Gutherson should sub into HLF. Wighton should sub into WFB. Elgey should sub into HLF.

4. Sorting by highest priority of substitutes
        Gutherson should sub into HLF. Wighton should sub into HLF. Watene-Zelezniak should sub into WFB.

Again, I will post the results for this on Monday
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:28 am

Okay I think I need one more lesson on setting my team up.

Ideally have your captain and Vc in early games to increase flexibility. St least your vc anyway

Set your bench up with players who play late. And then looping..

Best way to set this team up?

Rein
    Fifita Tolman
    Arrow Murray capewell
    Morgan CHT
    Nikora vc Bateman
    CNK Ponga C Hughes

Mahoney James burns (loop) haas
    Garner lawrie Carty rava

Thanks in advance lads! Hopefully I’ll have it down pat after his!

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Okay I think I need one more lesson on setting my team up.

Ideally have your captain and Vc in early games to increase flexibility. St least your vc anyway

Set your bench up with players who play late. And then looping..

Best way to set this team up?

Rein
    Fifita Tolman
    Arrow Murray capewell
    Morgan CHT
    Nikora vc Bateman
    CNK Ponga C Hughes

Mahoney James burns (loop) haas
    Garner lawrie Carty rava

Thanks in advance lads! Hopefully I’ll have it down pat after his!

Timing of C and VC doesnt really matter, only advantage of being early like first game, is you can guarantee they will be playing.

The important timing is ideally your players you want to loop in, should play as early as possible, so you get to see their scores before deciding which score to take.

Rein
    Fifita Haas
    Arrow Murray Bateman
    Morgan Carty
    Nikora vc Burns (loop)
    CNK Ponga C Hughes

Mahoney James Garner lawrie
    Tolman CHT capewell rava

Here you get to see Capewell and Tolman play, if you like either score you can take it. For Tolman's score you switch Bateman with Garner, or leave as is for Capewell's score. If they both bomb and you think Rava can score better, you can switch CHT and Rava to get his score instead.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Xerri and Carty up for the loop this round. Thinking Xerri could be in for a big one vs the Panthers
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 pm

mattnz wrote:

Timing of C and VC doesnt really matter, only advantage of being early like first game, is you can guarantee they will be playing.

The important timing is ideally your players you want to loop in, should play as early as possible, so you get to see their scores before deciding which score to take.

Rein
    Fifita Haas
    Arrow Murray Bateman
    Morgan Carty
    Nikora vc Burns (loop)
    CNK Ponga C Hughes

Mahoney James Garner lawrie
    Tolman CHT capewell rava

Here you get to see Capewell and Tolman play, if you like either score you can take it. For Tolman's score you switch Bateman with Garner, or leave as is for Capewell's score. If they both bomb and you think Rava can score better, you can switch CHT and Rava to get his score instead.

Mattnz has come up with some great options, but note that you can't captain or VC any of the players you might want to move around.

I mainly say that as with Fifita under injury cloud, Bateman is a captaincy choice. But if you want to swap him with Garner, then he can't be C or VC

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:57 am