NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

sajjos
    sajjos

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 20 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by sajjos Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:51 am

If I had to choose between Gillett and Garner at no.18( to have a free look) who should I have more faith in?

Gillett without the try would have scored about 40 and Garner is under a injury cloud though nothing official.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 20 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:53 am

Cookie Monster wrote:That's all good Wolfy

Thanks mate. WOuld love to look at Garner and Bird but I think the way I've got it sorted looks decent.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:53 am

sajjos wrote:If I had to choose between Gillett and Garner at no.18( to have a free look) who should I have more faith in?

Gillett without the try would have scored about 40 and Garner is under a injury cloud though nothing official.

I'd rather look at Garner's score purely for the injury factor.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:00 pm

sajjos wrote:If I had to choose between Gillett and Garner at no.18( to have a free look) who should I have more faith in?

I would guarantee Gillett and have a look at Garner

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 pm

I'd have a look at Garner and play Gillett
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:06 pm

From a couple of pages ago, there seemed to be some confusion as to how Failhub assigned AE substitutions of players with DPP status to your starting 13 if you had two or more red-dots in different positions. If the DPP player is eligible to cover both red-dot positions, where does he get substituted in?

The theories proposed were that the substitution order is based on;

1. A ranking system of player positions from HOK>FRF>2RF>HLF>CTR>WFB. (eg. a DPP HOK/HLF will be substituted as a Hooker before a Half)
    2. The order in which the red-dot player was scheduled to play their match.
    3. The first listed position of the DPP player. (eg. a DPP WFB/HLF will be substituted as a WingFullback rather than a Half)
    4. Ensuring that the highest priority substitutes are used where possible. (eg. if players 18 and 19 can be subbed in, the system will prefer this to subbing in players 18 and 20 or players 19 and 20, etc.)

To test these theories I've put together the following team and will be using it over the next few weeks to try and see how Failhub are doing their DPP substitutions.

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 20 Testy111

This week for each of the theories, the following should happen;

1. Peachey should sub into Walters(HLF) position. Gutherson should sub into Sailor's(WFB) position. No third substitution.
    2. Peachey should sub into Walters(HLF) position. Gutherson should sub into Sailor's(WFB) position. No third substitution.
    3. Peachey should sub into Walters(HLF) position. Gutherson should sub into Sailor's(WFB) position. No third substitution.
    4. Peachey should sub into Hiroti's(CTR) position. Gutherson should sub into Sailor's(WFB) position. Elgey should sub into Walters(HLF) position.

I'll post the results for this on Monday. If anyone has any other theories on how Failhub are assigning their substitutions in these circumstances let me know and I will try to test them as well (if they're using Voodoo, predictive octopi, any other bullshit method, I can't test for that)
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:16 pm

I'm almost certain it isn't 2 because AE's are applied till after the last game.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:25 pm

wolfking wrote:

The only thing I don't get with this strategy is what if Carty gets 10 and Edwards get 70? You have to take Carty's score to get Edwards. True?

Oh shit good point. Got a very basic loop running now. Surely can't get it wrong
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:47 pm

My looping has just become very complex, have 2 loops available, one that can be either CTR or WFB, another that is just HLF. Now planning to do my first trade, then wait on 2 players in the first game, Garner and Staggs to see their scores, before deciding on my other trade.

Planning to:
    1) Maximise point scoring this round
    2) Maximise cash generation, as I know the 4 players I want to trade out and the 4 that I want to trade in the next 2 rounds and cash will be really tight to do all 4 trades, have about $30k to spare before increases / decreases this coming round and expect one of my targets to increase by about that this coming round.

Given how often Broncos play early in each round, really looking forward to getting Staggs in my team to assist with looping Burns.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:47 pm

Had to pick between the three of Bird, Gillett and Garner for a free look using Burns. Going to put Garner in 18.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:49 pm

WT2K wrote:Had to pick between the three of Bird, Gillett and Garner for a free look using Burns. Going to put Garner in 18.

You should be able to get a free look at both Bird and Garner in the first game and choose one or neither of them.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:59 pm

mattnz wrote:

You should be able to get a free look at both Bird and Garner in the first game and choose one or neither of them.
    Burns centre with bird and Garner 18 and 19?
    Or do I put Nikora at centre and keep Burns at 17
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm

WT2K wrote:
    Burns centre with bird and Garner 18 and 19?
    Or do I put Nikora at centre and keep Burns at 17

Yes Burns at center with Bird (19) and Garner (18). Burns doesnt necessarily need to stay there though, (only if you want to keep the Bird score). See what happens in that first game, what scores they get, then determine what scores you want to keep / drop and where you actually want Burns to play based on these outcomes. If both fail, then you can move Burns to WFB and get a WFB score from your EMG instead. Lots of options.

I am doing the same with Staggs and Garner.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Can someone explain the best way to loop this week for me?

McCullough
    Fifita Tolman
    Arrow Murray Garner
    Morgan Carty
    Nikora Bateman
    CNK Ponga Hughes

Capewell Mahoney Rein burns

Lawrie CHT Host Ravalawa

I could trade host out instead of brown if this makes more sense and helps looping this week as whoever survives this week is traded out next week anyway

Thanks on advance legends!
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:19 pm

I’ve swapped host and brown for looping

Brown in the halves and burns at 17

How do I organize my EMGs to let me pick the best scores of lawrie CHT and Carty?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Don't think I'll get my head around this looping thing this week as fuck me Host and Waddell are the only players in my 18-21 with Burns and TPJ not playing. Sad
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Burns at 17 and brown in the halves and then..

Lawrie 18 to likely take burns’ spot
    Carty 19
    Rav 20
    CHT 21

That way when Carty plays first if he does ok I leave it. And if he doesn’t and I want CHT then I swap lawrie and burns and put Carty 18 yeah? Am I close?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:I’ve swapped host and brown for looping

Brown in the halves and burns at 17

How do I organize my EMGs to let me pick the best scores of lawrie CHT and Carty?

Dont do the brown/host trade yet. Wait and see the scores in EMG you are working with and determine if you want 1 or 2 of them.

If it was my team I would structure it like this:

McCullough
    Fifita Tolman
    Arrow Murray Capewell
    Morgan Brown
    Nikora Bateman
    CNK Ponga Hughes

Lawrie Mahoney Rein burns

Garner Ravalawa Carty CHT

Garner plays first game, you can use either the Burns loop or the Brown loop to get him in the team, or avoid him entirely if he bombs.

Carty plays 2nd game, again you can either keep his score by trading host instead of Brown or trade Brown if you don't want the score, or move CHT above Carty to get his score instead.

Lots of variables here based on scoring and trading options, but would start there.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm

mattnz wrote:

Dont do the brown/host trade yet. Wait and see the scores in EMG you are working with and determine if you want 1 or 2 of them.

If it was my team I would structure it like this:

McCullough
    Fifita Tolman
    Arrow Murray Capewell
    Morgan Brown
    Nikora Bateman
    CNK Ponga Hughes

Lawrie Mahoney Rein burns

Garner Ravalawa Carty CHT

Garner plays first game, you can use either the Burns loop or the Brown loop to get him in the team, or avoid him entirely if he bombs.

Carty plays 2nd game, again you can either keep his score by trading host instead of Brown or trade Brown if you don't want the score, or move CHT above Carty to get his score instead.

Lots of variables here based on scoring and trading options, but would start there.

Cheers legend. Very helpful
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Bird is not getting in the 17 with that. CHT, Sele or Burr.....

Agree on that order? CHT to come in?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm