NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 11 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by No Worries Thu May 24, 2018 12:16 pm

option 2
    code delta
    code delta

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 11 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by code delta Thu May 24, 2018 6:03 pm

Kind of like Inglis at FB so for balance, option 1.
    difO
    difO

Post by difO Sun May 27, 2018 10:55 am

Poophole alert. Was not planning on going full poophole but if fifita is out might come in handy

Current Reserves are:

CSmith (98)
    JFH (32)
    Ricky Martin
    Brock Lamb

J Sua (57)
    CMurray (21)
    RFM
    Brimson (27)

As it stands, I would pick up Sua's 57 as Lamb would be out.

However if Fifita out, would JFH then take his spot and the next reserve gets picked up? So I would get Sua and Murray.

If that is the case, and Fifita is out, I would rather play RFM given Murray's 21, so swap RFM for Lamb and I should get RFM and Sua's pts instead?

Guess the question is if fifita out does it take JFHs points from my reserves and then pick up the next person on the EMG list.

Aware me on the ways of the p'hole
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun May 27, 2018 10:59 am

difO wrote:Poophole alert. Was not planning on going full poophole but if fifita is out might come in handy

Current Reserves are:

CSmith (98)
    JFH (32)
    Ricky Martin
    Brock Lamb

J Sua (57)
    CMurray (21)
    RFM
    Brimson (27)

As it stands, I would pick up Sua's 57 as Lamb would be out.

However if Fifita out, would JFH then take his spot and the next reserve gets picked up? So I would get Sua and Murray.

If that is the case, and Fifita is out, I would rather play RFM given Murray's 21, so swap RFM for Lamb and I should get RFM and Sua's pts instead?

Guess the question is if fifita out does it take JFHs points from my reserves and then pick up the next person on the EMG list.

Aware me on the ways of the p'hole

You have it right.

Swap RFM for Lamb.

Then JFH will cover Fifita and Su'a will cover JFH.
    blaustinpowers
    blaustinpowers

Post by blaustinpowers Thu May 31, 2018 1:44 pm

Whats everyones plans for Nuffies this year? Is the Auto Emergency nightmare a thing of the past? Can see the value in bringing in one for poolhopping purposes.. or is there more value in getting a dirt cheap bloke who will get some good scores come crunch time.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 31, 2018 2:13 pm

1 or 2 guys who won't play for loopholing.

2 or 3 guys who score as many points as you can afford to provide EMG cover.

AE nightmare of old does not exist any more. Other than for looping purposes, it is better to have your emergencies scoring 5 points than 0 points in the current rules.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:30 am

Play Cook or Doueihi in 18 this week?

Cook could get anywhere from 0-50 minutes. Feel a bit nervous having him out of my team, as don't want 50 points in my AE, but also definitely won't take the risk of him being locked in my 17 as I don't want to cop 6 points from a junk time cameo.

Tuala would be the player to play if I don't like Cook/Doueihi's score

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Have put Soro into 17 - 18. Cook 19. Tuala 20. Fonua 21. Martin
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Hey guys.

Would you have a look at Surgess' score with Watson/Fonua/Brimson as back up??

Or play Fonua this week and have a look at Walkers score?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Thought id have some fun now. Team set like this for the week.

Lolo, Fitz, Harris

Smith, Cleary, Wraham, Martin
    Surgess, Walker, Watson, Brimson

If Surgess/Walker both go 50+ I'll reverse my Kikau > Harris trade and get both scores and save a trade for the week.

Will it work or is there a problem??
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Thought id have some fun now. Team set like this for the week.

Lolo, Fitz, Harris

Smith, Cleary, Wraham, Martin
    Surgess, Walker, Watson, Brimson

If Surgess/Walker both go 50+ I'll reverse my Kikau > Harris trade and get both scores and save a trade for the week.

Will it work or is there a problem??

As long as Martin doesn't play, it'll work
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

As long as Martin doesn't play, it'll work

I'm fairly confident he won't and even if he does its not the end of the world.

I'm not really used to this kind of wizardry so don't even know if I've set it up to be most efficient.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:17 pm

I’m babysitting someone’s team and have run into a center dilemma.
    Their 4 centers are Olive, Fonua, Hiku and BJ.
    If I set things up as below when Hiku doesn’t play it will search for Fonua and when he doesn’t play TPJ will be subbed in??.
    Or …. not?

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 11 <a href=Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 11 Captur10" />
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 pm

code delta wrote:I’m babysitting someone’s team and have run into a center dilemma.
    Their 4 centers are Olive, Fonua, Hiku and BJ.
    If I set things up as below when Hiku doesn’t play it will search for Fonua and when he doesn’t play TPJ will be subbed in??.
    Or …. not?

Yeah, TPJ will move into position 17. This will happen regardless of Hiku playing

The way you have it set up at the moment you can do a loop with TPJ and TMM. If TPJ gets a bad score you could swap TMM with Fonua and get TMM's score instead. If TPJ knocks it out of the park don't make any changes

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Yeah, TPJ will move into position 17. This will happen regardless of Hiku playing

I should have been more precise.
    "when Hiku doesn’t play it will search for Fonua and when he doesn’t play TPJ will be subbed in" to cover for Hiku and TMMs score moves up?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:12 pm

code delta wrote:

"when Hiku doesn’t play it will search for Fonua and when he doesn’t play TPJ will be subbed in" to cover for Hiku and TMMs score moves up?

TPJ can't go into CTR. He will move into position 17 to replace Fonua, and you won't get TMM's score.

You can perform a loop with TPJ and TMM as per my edit in the above post
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 pm

code delta wrote:

Step 1. It will search for a replacement for Hiku. If it can't find one (because Fonua /olive don't play). Then you will be reduced to 16 for the round.

Step 2. It will search for a replacement for Fonua, and pick TPJ
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks Milch and Monster.
    It's as I suspected but sine it's not my team thought I'd check.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Those of you thinking about doing the nasty looping thing are going to need 1 or 2 non-players in your team to make it work. Which are the best non-players to choose? 

Ideally, you want a basement price non-player whose team plays later in the round for the remainder of the comp. If they're DPP, even better. 

After Rd 17 the following teams have the fewest Thursday and Friday games; Sea Eagles and Raiders with 2 Thur/Fri matches each, Titans and Roosters with 1 Thur/Fri match each, and the Dragons with 0 Thur/Fri matches.

So, a non-player from the Dragons, Roosters or Titans (Sea Eagles or Raiders at a pinch) should allow a decent loophole opportunity each week for the remainder of the season.

If you're planning on looping your FRF's and/or 2RF's the following players may be useful
    Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 11 Table110

If you're planning on looping your WFB's and/or CTR's and/or HLF's the following players may be useful
    Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 11 Table210

If anyone can see players that I've missed, or other things that I have fucked up, let me know and I'll update these lists

For the conspiracy theorists out there who think Failhub have deliberately allowed the AE loophole to increase hits on their site; the Dragons have the most favourable draw for late season loopholing and also have the greatest number of basement price DPP players in Fantasy
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Fellow Kent's

This week I have

Ponga Tedesco in the backline

If I chuck Joey manu into the starting side.

Can I loophole katoa and Thompson if I leave them in position 18 and 19 ?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 am