NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

code delta
    code delta

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 9 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by code delta Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 pm

I've bought Scott into the centers this week. If he doesn't play Isaako as NPR subs in to my team.
    It's not a loophole really but shows how forgiving this new format is.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 9 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Chewie Thu May 03, 2018 12:56 am

I'm looking at keeping Gosiewski in my team for loophole purposes.
    Manly plays late in the round for the next few weeks, perfect for looping Twisted Evil

Round 9: Sunday 4pm
    Round 10: Saturday 7:30pm
    round 11: Saturday 7:30pm
    Blain
    Blain

Post by Blain Thu May 03, 2018 4:42 am

First go at Looping, very simple low risk one though;

17th man - Surgess (plays tomorrow, well, he doesn't play)
    18th man - TPJ (plays tonight)
    19th man - Lane

If TPJ fudges it, sub Lane in for Surgess tomorrow, correct? Might as well do it while I can.

Cheeeeers
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu May 03, 2018 4:43 am

Blain wrote:First go at Looping, very simple low risk one though;

17th man - Surgess (plays tomorrow, well, he doesn't play)
    18th man - TPJ (plays tonight)
    19th man - Lane

If TPJ fudges it, sub Lane in for Surgess tomorrow, correct? Might as well do it while I can.

Cheeeeers

Yep that is the correct way of doing it
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 am

Is this my best option for double loop.

16. Katoa
    17. Dugan
    18. Martin
    19. Rein
    20. Havili

If Martin sucks, then Havili and Rein both go to starting team.

If Martin goes well, leave until Titans play. If Rein goes well leave as is. If Rein sucks then play Havili.

Also have Murray in my 17.

Any better ways I can set up?
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu May 10, 2018 2:48 am

Milchcow wrote:

16. Katoa
    17. Dugan
    18. Martin
    19. Rein
    20. Havili

If Martin goes well, leave until Titans play. If Rein goes well leave as is. If Rein sucks then play Havili.

I don't think in your case there are any clever shenanigans.

It's essentially as they play in order you can lock or continue to play exactly as you outlined. Martin, Murray, Rein and Havili (pick 3 with as much knowledge as you can)

Assume you have to play Murray or Martin in your starters by the sound of your question? Answer changes if he's on the bench but I'd play Murray over Martin.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 10, 2018 3:11 am

Yes, Murray currently in 14.

I think that assuming Peats doesn't make the squad, I'd play Murray, Rein, Havili, and not Martin.

But may as well have a free look at Martin (and if he does well, I can then get a free look at Rein)

Murray I will have to cop his score regardless.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu May 10, 2018 3:16 am

Milchcow wrote:

16. Katoa
    17. Dugan
    18. Martin
    19. Rein
    20. Havili

I have to agree with your setup here and what Cap said as well. This does look like the best you can do with the bench you have.

Just out if interest, who is your player 21?  If they are a red dot with a 2rf position you may have some wriggle room with the loop.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 am

Player 21 is Jai Arrow.

Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu May 10, 2018 4:48 am

Depending on your overall team you may be able to have a look at Martin's score, and if it is good you could potentially cherry pick the best score of the other two in your loop.

If you are not planning on captaining (or VC'ing) Fifita then post your full team and I'll have a look
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 10, 2018 5:01 am

Havili plays in the last game, So there is no chance of looking at his score before deciding whether to play him or not.

Also, will be out for Mothers day on Sunday, so not going to risk any loop decision that involves watching Souths v Dragons and deciding on loop before the Raiders v Sharks kick off.

Team is
    Cook (c)
    JFH Kikau
    Murray Taumalolo (vc) RFM
    Hiku Inglis
    Tedesco Ponga Thompson

Smith
    Fifita
    Katoa
    Dugan
    Martin
    Rein
    Arrow
    Havili
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 am

Yeah, the team make-up is not conducive to pulling any funny looping tricks. Sorry for wasting your time mate.

For your sake (and mine too), hopefully Peats stays away for another week and Rein pumps out another 70 odd.

Good luck with your loop
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 11, 2018 4:35 am

Can anyone help please kind fellos. Was looping Thompson with Arrow but if I trade in Martin for Soro can I loop twice with Murray and Martin?

Cook
    JFH Kikau
    Murray RFM Tolo
    MBye Maloney
    Mitchell Marsters
    Ponga Teddy Isaako

Smith
    Griffin
    Havilli
    Rein

Thompson
    Arrow
    Soro (to Martin)
    Coggar

Will just swap Rein for Arrow but is there a way to loop Martin and Murray.

Cheers lads.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 11, 2018 4:54 am

Swap Griffin and Murray

then setup your bench

Smith
    Havili
    Arrow
    Cogger
    Thompson
    Martin
    Murray
    Rein

If Martin goes well leave as is - you'll get Thompson and Martin's scores (no Murray/Rein)
    If Martin sucks swap Murray in for Arrow and get Murray + Thompson (no Martin/Rein)

You could also keep Murray in your team and loop Havili/Martin if you want.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 11, 2018 4:56 am

Can you imagine if they'd kept a 25 man squad?

People would be poopholing out their poophole with triple and quadruple loops all over the place.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 11, 2018 4:58 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Swap Griffin and Murray

then setup your bench

Smith
    Havili
    Arrow
    Cogger
    Thompson
    Martin
    Murray
    Rein

If Martin goes well leave as is - you'll get Thompson and Martin's scores (no Murray/Rein)
    If Martin sucks swap Murray in for Arrow and get Murray + Thompson (no Martin/Rein)

You are a legend Milch. Will leave Havilli as he is most likely going to become Fifi or Surgess. Thanks mate.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri May 11, 2018 7:29 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Swap Griffin and Murray

then setup your bench

Smith
    Havili
    Arrow
    Cogger
    Thompson
    Martin
    Murray
    Rein

Yep - this looks good and was why I was on here - with the Peats news, I'm looking at using Cogger for a Double Poophole (sounds weird)

16. Cogger
    17. Gossie

18. Fonua
    19. Martin
    20. Isaako
    21. Rein

Fonua scores for Cogger.
    I get a look at Martin, and a look at the Peats/Rein situation. If martin scores 45+, I leave as is and Martin scores for Gossie. If Martin bombs and Peats is in, I bring in Isaako for Gossie. If Martin bombs and Peats is out/or Rein starts, I'll prolly bring in Rein for Gossie.

This sounds right, right?
    difO
    difO

Post by difO Fri May 11, 2018 8:59 am

arrow17

martin
    sua

see if martin goes good, if not, swap arrow into sua.

what happens with the poophole if fifita doesn't play and you leave as is i.e. take martins score with arrow as a black dot? have tapau on the bench as FRF but hes in the 17
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 11, 2018 9:16 am

difO wrote:arrow17

martin
    sua

see if martin goes good, if not, swap arrow into sua.

what happens with the poophole if fifita doesn't play and you leave as is i.e. take martins score with arrow as a black dot? have tapau on the bench as FRF but hes in the 17

If Fifita doesn't play Taupau will take his spot in your 13

Then Martin and S'ua will come in for Taupau and Arrow
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 am

BroncHose wrote:
    Yep - this looks good and was why I was on here - with the Peats news, I'm looking at using Cogger for a Double Poophole (sounds weird)

16. Cogger
    17. Gossie

18. Fonua
    19. Martin
    20. Isaako
    21. Rein

Fonua scores for Cogger.
    I get a look at Martin, and a look at the Peats/Rein situation. If martin scores 45+, I leave as is and Martin scores for Gossie. If Martin bombs and Peats is in, I bring in Isaako for Gossie. If Martin bombs and Peats is out/or Rein starts, I'll prolly bring in Rein for Gossie.

This sounds right, right?

Yeah mate, you're good to go

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 pm