NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 8 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Stinkbug Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 am

@Liverpool_Bulldog you beauty, thanks mate
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 8 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:16 am

I loopholed Havili over Isaako this week, for a beautiful bonus of 1 extra point

(should have played Hiku or Gosie for 2 and 3 extra points respectively)
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I loopholed Havili over Isaako this week, for a beautiful bonus of 1 extra point

(should have played Hiku or Gosie for 2 and 3 extra points respectively)

H'mmm, this sounds awfully familiar. I did the exact same thing lol!

Cookie Monster wrote:
    That leaves me with a grand total of +3 for three weeks of looping    cheer
    Let the good times roll

So from four weeks of loopholing I now have a grand total of +4 points.

Looking forward to my 20 extra points come the end of the season Sad
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:43 pm

I'll be loopholing GI/Gosie via Harris this week.
    I just realized that that's not going to work ...oops   Embarassed
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Hard luck there Chewie

Sometimes the match schedule just doesn't fall the right way to make the loop possible
    morethanjustakeyboard
    morethanjustakeyboard

Post by morethanjustakeyboard Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:21 pm

first time looping in the new system.

will this work?

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 8 Captur10
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 pm

morethanjustakeyboard wrote:first time looping in the new system.

will this work?

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 8 Captur10

I'm assuming you are looking at looping Sorensen and Gosiewski

If so, set up your bench as follows

JFH
    Kikau
    Ponga
    Brown
    Gosiewski
    Sorensen
    Croker
    Katoa

If Gosie scores well, do nothing

At the end of the round Gosie will AE into Brown's position

If Gosie scores poorly, swap Sorensen into Brown's position. You will have to make this swap before the Titans vs Sharks match. You will then get Sorensen's score at the end of the round

If you wont to take a bigger risk, you could loop Sorensen with Croker and perform a double loop with Katoa

Before you set this one up you have to decide who will score better out of Kennar and Isaako. If you decide that Kennar is going to be the better scorer, set your team as follows (if you choose Isaako instead, just swap their positions in the team below)

Cook
    Arrow  Lodge
    TPJ  Murray  Tlolo
    Maloney  DCE
    Mitchell  Kennar
    Ponga  Tedesco  Katoa

JFH
    Kikau
    Gosiewski
    Brown
    Croker
    Sorensen
    Hiku
    Isaako

After the Storm vs Warriors match check Hiku's score

If you like his score do nothing with Hiku, Isaako and Katoa

At the end of the round Hiku will AE into your starting team in place of Katoa

If Hiku's score is very poor, swap Isaako into your starting team in place of Katoa

At the end of the round you will get Isaako's score

After the Sea Eagles vs Knights match check Croker's score

If Croker scores well, do nothing

At the end of the round Croker will AE into Brown's position

If Croker scores poorly, swap Sorensen into Brown's position. You will then get Sorensen's score

I hope this wasn't confusing

Good luck

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left something out)
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

I'm assuming you are looking at looping Sorensen and Gosiewski

If so, set up your bench as follows

JFH
    Kikau
    Ponga
    Brown
    Gosiewski
    Sorensen
    Croker
    Katoa

If Gosie scores well, do nothing

At the end of the round Gosie will AE into Brown's position

If Gosie scores poorly, swap Sorensen into Brown's position. You will have to make this swap before the Titans vs Sharks match. You will then get Sorensen's score at the end of the round

If you wont to take a bigger risk, you could loop Sorensen with Croker and perform a double loop with Katoa

Before you set this one up you have to decide who will score better out of Kennar and Isaako. If you decide that Kennar is going to be the better scorer, set your team as follows (if you choose Isaako instead, just swap their positions in the team below)

Cook
    Arrow  Lodge
    TPJ  Murray  Tlolo
    Maloney  DCE
    Mitchell  Kennar
    Ponga  Tedesco  Katoa

JFH
    Kikau
    Gosiewski
    Brown
    Croker
    Sorensen
    Hiku
    Isaako

After the Storm vs Warriors match check Hiku's score

If you like his score do nothing with Hiku, Isaako and Katoa

At the end of the round Hiku will AE into your starting team in place of Katoa

If Hiku's score is very poor, swap Isaako into your starting team in place of Katoa

At the end of the round you will get Isaako's score

After the Sea Eagles vs Knights match check Croker's score

If Croker scores well, do nothing

At the end of the round Croker will AE into Brown's position

If Croker scores poorly, swap Sorensen into Brown's position. You will then get Sorensen's score

I hope this wasn't confusing

Good luck

I'm so happy failhub advertised they got rid of the Captains loophole this year. Something to be really proud of. A+
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 pm

code delta wrote:

I'm so happy failhub advertised they got rid of the Captains loophole this year. Something to be really proud of. A+

They also advertised that they'd gotten rid of the captain's loophole last year, when they'd just replaced it with a different captain's loophole
    morethanjustakeyboard
    morethanjustakeyboard

Post by morethanjustakeyboard Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

I'm assuming you are looking at looping Sorensen and Gosiewski......

mate, really appreciate the detailed response. this has cleared things up for me.

legend

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 pm

Looped Gosiewski over Hiku.

Another 1 point gain. that is a total of 2 points gained over the past 2 weeks.

If anyone wants me I'll be rolling in the piles of cash I've made through loophole profiteering.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 am

I haven't looped all season - but not only will next week be my first, but I'll be double looping Smile

With injuries to Croker and Gosiewski I'll be able to:
    1) have a look at JMK and then decide whether or not to play Maloney over him at half, and
    2) have a look at Havili for my 4th INT and then decide whether or not to play Thompson over him

Now watch this space and see it completely unravel Smile
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 am

I'll be looping this week... with Gosie playing the last game, I can see how JMK goes (18th man)
    Cogger to be the back-up.

I expect JMK to hit 40 odd this week if he plays hooker, no real need to loop, but it's nice to have a backup
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 02, 2018 11:54 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:I haven't looped all season - but not only will next week be my first, but I'll be double looping Smile

With injuries to Croker and Gosiewski I'll be able to:
    1) have a look at JMK and then decide whether or not to play Maloney over him at half, and
    2) have a look at Havili for my 4th INT and then decide whether or not to play Thompson over him

Now watch this space and see it completely unravel Smile

Are you concerned about the possibility that you may want to play both JMK and Maloney?

I mean, if JMK scores 40, are you going to put a guy with a 3 round average of 52 in your EMG
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Are you concerned about the possibility that you may want to play both JMK and Maloney?

I mean, if JMK scores 40, are you going to put a guy with a 3 round average of 52 in your EMG

There's always a chance/concern you don't get things right obviously but the flip side is you give your self options you otherwise wouldn't have. In short, I think those options provide a greater likelihood of a higher total score than anything else.

I rank the scoring of the 4 as Maloney>Havili>JMK>Thompson at this stage. So with that in mind the double loop option makes the most sense (I think).

Also, I think Havili is the sort of player you want to have the chance to loop (the way he's going this year - big role changes week-by-week + the odd try) and with the change in role anticipated for JMK I'd like to have a look at him too. I'd be happier to do that than the alternatives at this stage.

If I go with my initial strategy I'd keep JMK at 45+ and keep Havili at 40+ and have to suck up the consequences if the other two end up scoring higher.... My gut says I'll end up playing Maloney and Havili.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Have my team lined up like this

Ponga, Teddy, Dugan

Smith
    Maloney
    Havili
    Gossie
    JMK
    CWalker
    Thompson
    Sorenson

If JMK goes big leave it as is.
    If Walker goes big leave it as is.

If JMK goes bust can chuck Thompson into 17 for Gossie
    If JMK and Walker go bust can chuck Thompson in for Dugan and trade Gossie to Lane/DWalker

Make sense to anyone, or trying to be too cute?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Have my team lined up like this

Ponga, Teddy, Dugan

Smith
    Maloney
    Havili
    Gossie
    JMK
    CWalker
    Thompson
    Sorenson

If JMK goes big leave it as is.
    If Walker goes big leave it as is.

If JMK goes bust can chuck Thompson into 17 for Gossie
    If JMK and Walker go bust can chuck Thompson in for Dugan and trade Gossie to Lane/DWalker

Make sense to anyone, or trying to be too cute?

If JMK busts and you swap Thompson with Gosiewski (and no other changes) then Thompson will sub for Dugan, and JMK will come into reserves
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 02, 2018 4:03 pm

I'm over it - getting someones 20 over a 30 isn't going to win me anything
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 02, 2018 4:06 pm

It's more the management of it I enjoy. Don't really care about the points differential since I don't think it will be a huge deal over a season
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed May 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
    So from four weeks of loopholing I now have a grand total of +4 points.

Quoting myself here, which I know is bad form, but whatever

Got sick of averaging just a one point gain each week, so forced the issue last week by looping Sorensen over Doueihi. Netted 22 points.

This week I have Macca over Sorensen so I'm hoping for an even better result, assuming that Macca plays big minutes. I guess they killed his old clone and got a fresh one out of the tank.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm