NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cronk/Pearce Watch

Poll

Where will he end up?

[ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_left17%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_left25%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_left33%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 12
    Ice

Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

Post by Ice Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:59 am

I know in many teams nowadays lock is another middle forward, but I don't see why either Cronk or Pearce couldn't play As an old Fittler type ball playing lock. Both have the defensive capability and the Roosters have the depth in their pack to accomodate it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 am

Ice wrote:I know in many teams nowadays lock is another middle forward, but I don't see why either Cronk or Pearce couldn't play As an old Fittler type ball playing lock. Both have the defensive capability and the Roosters have the depth in their pack to accomodate it.
    Thats almost as silly as Ozzys suggestion of putting Moses at fullback 
    Teams dont really use ball playing locks any more because every forward ball plays.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:33 am

Rumours today rampant on twitter

Cordiner to Titans
    Pearce to Panthers
    Moylan to Sharks
    Maloney to Manly
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:48 am

Pieman wrote:
    Thats almost as silly as Ozzys suggestion of putting Moses at fullback 
    Teams dont really use ball playing locks any more because every forward ball plays.

Every forward (and that's a stretch) can pass or throw a hopeful offload, sure, but they can't control a game and pass like Cronk or Pearce. Forget position for a minute, my point is, why can't the three of them be on the park at the same time without one of them having to be the dummy half?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:12 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Rumours today rampant on twitter

Cordiner to Titans
    Pearce to Panthers
    Moylan to Sharks
    Maloney to Manly

What a merry-go-round!

Deadset though, what is spurring the Cordner rumour? Figured the bloke was aiming to be a Rooster for life.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:37 am

SI wrote:

What a merry-go-round!  

Deadset though, what is spurring the Cordner rumour?  Figured the bloke was aiming to be a Rooster for life.

I don't know how much merit the Cordner rumours have just saw a few people tweeting about it. It could have stemmed from Cordner liking his mates Instagram photo who's grandmother once passed through Gold Coast in 1952

But it must have stemmed from somewhere. To think the three people I thought were 1000000% safe from trades and playing for them next year is Cordner, Cronk and Teddy
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:41 am

Ice wrote:

Every forward (and that's a stretch) can pass or throw a hopeful offload, sure, but they can't control a game and pass like Cronk or Pearce. Forget position for a minute, my point is, why can't the three of them be on the park at the same time without one of them having to be the dummy half?
    Nah mate I was just joking - if they all stay they will 100% spend time on the field together like what Watson did this year. They def wont be taking Friend off for half a game if pearce or keary is on the bench.

The utility doesnt come on and play a ball playing role they come on and play a running role
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Rumours today rampant on twitter

Cordiner to Titans
    Pearce to Panthers
    Moylan to Sharks
    Maloney to Manly

Add this one:

Jarryd Hayne is looking to quit the Gold Coast Titans just a few months after triggering his option for another season with the NRL club.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that Hayne’s agent Wayne Beavis has told the Titans he is looking for opportunities elsewhere.

Hayne apparently wants to move back to Sydney to be closer to his daughter and sources have said that Beavis is exploring all options to make it happen.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I don't know how much merit the Cordner rumours have just saw a few people tweeting about it. It could have stemmed from Cordner liking his mates Instagram photo who's grandmother once passed through Gold Coast in 1952

But it must have stemmed from somewhere. To think the three people I thought were 1000000% safe from trades and  playing for them next year is Cordner, Cronk and Teddy
    I do wonder about how Ted feels about all this. Playing with Cordner and Pearce were prob part of the reason he signed with the Roosters and both might be gone by the time the season kicks off.
    I really hope Cordner doesnt go to the titans, would hurt his career more than anything IMO.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Cordner isn't going anywhere, possibly one of the worst "rumours" ever.

Dip

Post by Dip Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:43 am

Pieman wrote:
    I do wonder about how Ted feels about all this. Playing with Cordner and Pearce were prob part of the reason he signed with the Roosters and both might be gone by the time the season kicks off.
    I really hope Cordner doesnt go to the titans, would hurt his career more than anything IMO.

Well I don’t know about the Cordner part of it, but I’d imagine signing with a team to play with Pearce, but ultimately getting to play with Cronk would be like going to get an autograph from Leo Dicaprio, and walking away with a blowie from Margot Robbie.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:55 am

Dip wrote:

Well I don’t know about the Cordner part of it, but I’d imagine signing with a team to play with Pearce, but ultimately getting to play with Cronk would be like going to get an autograph from Leo Dicaprio, and walking away with a blowie from Margot Robbie.

I also imagine the calibre of Cronk's missus would appeal significantly to Tedesco.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I also imagine the calibre of Cronk's missus would appeal significantly to Tedesco.

Funniest thing you've ever said. Have a like.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 pm

What about a Pearce Hayne player swap.

Might leave Titans without an FB, but decent halves combo in Pearce and Taylor.

As for Roosters, a back line of
    Tedesco
    Gordon
    Mitchell
    Ferguson/Hayne
    Hayne/Ferguson
    Cronk
    Keary

Should be good enough to win behind their pack.

And surely Politis can make the cap fit.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:29 pm

I dont understand why they would want to keep Keary over Pearce. Makes no sense.
    Is there any reason they couldnt fit Hayne in now, without losing anyone?
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Adrian Prozenko writing today that Hayne to Roosters is gathering a little momentum.

In terms of fitting him in it would depend on how much the Titans pay of his 1.2mil. But if Pearce and Nikorima leave, they'd do it easily.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Even if they got rid of Keary and Nikroima, you would think that would free up enough to bring in Hayne, with the titans paying a decent chunk.

Crichton to the Roosters is doing the round as well. God I hope that doesnt happen.
    wizard333

Post by wizard333 Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 pm

If the Titans grant Hayne a release on compassionate grounds, why on earth would they be expected to stump up even $1 of his salary? Makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:35 pm

True. If they grant him a release on compassionate grounds then I think it voids the contract entirely and the Roosters can offer him whatever they want and it certainly won't be anywhere near a million, possibly half max.

Similar to the Eels with Foran and them him signing for way less at the Warriors.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Pieman wrote:Even if they got rid of Keary and Nikroima, you would think that would free up enough to bring in Hayne, with the titans paying a decent chunk.

Crichton to the Roosters is doing the round as well. God I hope that doesnt happen.

I want the Eels to go after Crichton. I'd prefer him than Hayne to be honest, would make a great backrow with Brown and Mau.

Surprised we haven't been in the game for him.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am