NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Poll

    Where will he end up?

    [ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left17%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left25%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left33%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch Bar_right [0%] 

    Total Votes: 12
    avatar
    Ice

    Posts : 1502
    Reputation : 114
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Ice on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:03 pm

    My mail is Manly


    Last edited by Ice on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2225
    Reputation : 484
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:27 pm

    Itll be an inner city club - he wont move all the way from Melbourne only to not be in Sydney.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8530
    Reputation : 3431
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by filthridden on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 pm

    Souths.
    avatar
    leaguegod

    Posts : 1198
    Reputation : 141
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:42 pm

    my tips is TV for now and later on he does a little of coaching on the side

    if he did play on, i'd rank the odds like this

    1: roosters - it seems so ridiculous that it almost has to happen
    2: manly - probs the team he can turn from fringe to contender pretty quickly
    3: Sharks, with maloney possibly going elsewhere, it could make sense
    4: Panthers: giving someone else moylan to then slot cronk next to cleary could work
    5: Souths
    6: dogs - i think fit alone would have him a little higher but no cap space
    7: tigers
    =8: Parra and dragons - i just can't see either club chasing a half, even one of cronks quality
    10: Knights
    avatar
    Ice

    Posts : 1502
    Reputation : 114
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Ice on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:28 pm

    He basically ruled Roosters out today. And I do t take Cronk as a man who backflips or deliberately misleads.

    Manly is a good fit from a team/cap/location and ability to contend point of view. though it isn't the centre of Sydney Ryno, and though it has its share of bogans, lifestyle wise for he and Tara it makes perfect sense.
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2225
    Reputation : 484
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 pm

    @Ice wrote:He basically ruled Roosters out today. And I do t take Cronk as a man who backflips or deliberately misleads.

    Manly is a good fit from a team/cap/location and ability to contend point of view. though it isn't the centre of Sydney Ryno, and though it has its share of bogans, lifestyle wise for he and Tara it makes perfect sense.

    Maybe... google maps says its ~50min from Manly to Fox Studios (thats the closest Ive come to stalking someone in a while). 50min commute is fucked (as someone who does it daily). Surely he wont move all the way from Melbourne to not be exactly where she wants to be located. Unless he gets out from under the thumb slightly.

    avatar
    leaguegod

    Posts : 1198
    Reputation : 141
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:51 pm

    i don't think cronk really ruled them out, i think his comments were more that the rumour was rubbish because he hasn't had any real discussions with anyone

    re the commute ryno, surely there is decent suburb that gives them both a 20-30 minute commute to work ?
    avatar
    Dip

    Posts : 1594
    Reputation : 283
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Dip on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:06 pm

    Surely he retires and hits TV land. You'd think he'd have signed with someone by now, and retiring after the WC also stops the idiots in the media asking why they picked a guy who was retiring when guys like Parker weren't picked when they were retiring. Through that on top of going out a premiership and origin winner, and probably a WC winner.

    I also think his comments about Fifita today were a subtle hint. Not many players, particularly one as measured as Cronk would have a go at someone they may yet play with. But if he wants to have a good reputation in the media, it doesn't hurt to show you can make some strong comments about a current player and not just be one of those commentators who never says anything bad about players.
    avatar
    leaguegod

    Posts : 1198
    Reputation : 141
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm

    @Dip wrote:Surely he retires and hits TV land. You'd think he'd have signed with someone by now, and retiring after the WC also stops the idiots in the media asking why they picked a guy who was retiring when guys like Parker weren't picked when they were retiring. Through that on top of going out a premiership and origin winner, and probably a WC winner.

    I also think his comments about Fifita today were a subtle hint. Not many players, particularly one as measured as Cronk would have a go at someone they may yet play with. But if he wants to have a good reputation in the media, it doesn't hurt to show you can make some strong comments about a current player and not just be one of those commentators who never says anything bad about players.

    i take cronk as a pretty honest guy, i think he genuinely isn't sure


    i've always thought and still do think he foes to tv but his comments directly after the GF showed its not a slam dunk imo
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 362
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Shanbon on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 pm

    Didnt some bloke put over 8.5k @$17 on Souths to win the comp based on Cronk coming?

    I cant see him at Manly with DCE, pretty sure there are some issues between them.

    No way Roosters can fit him in the salary cap, even with their creative accounting.

    I was leaning to retirement but i think he would have announced that already if that was the case
    avatar
    Dip

    Posts : 1594
    Reputation : 283
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Dip on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm

    I also sort of think he'll do a Tim Duncan and his retirement will be a low key thing.
    avatar
    leaguegod

    Posts : 1198
    Reputation : 141
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:44 pm

    there has been talk about what is he going to do since his press conference like 6 months ago, it almost can't be low key now, can it ?
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2225
    Reputation : 484
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:53 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:i don't think cronk really ruled them out, i think his comments were more that the rumour was rubbish because he hasn't had any real discussions with anyone

    re the commute ryno, surely there is decent suburb that gives them both a 20-30 minute commute to work ?

    Like Mosman? Thats a bit of a wanker suburb isnt it? Cronk and his sinews would fit in.
    avatar
    Ice

    Posts : 1502
    Reputation : 114
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Ice on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:07 pm

    A decision to be made before the World Cup, which indicates to me not retirement.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7261
    Reputation : 3539
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by No Worries on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

    Triple M reporting Roosters are in discussions with the NRL on how they could fit him under the cap "if he was interested". And it would mean heaps of player moves.
    Moose
    Moose

    Posts : 2215
    Reputation : 1289
    Join date : 2017-05-19

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Moose on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:20 am

    @No Worries wrote:Triple M reporting Roosters are in discussions with the NRL on how they could fit him under the cap "if he was interested". And it would mean heaps of player moves.
    The Roosters would finally have an origin quality half

    Coffee
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 6068
    Reputation : 2329
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 32
    Location : Scarborough

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:46 am

    I'd like to see him retire a one club player. I always hold one club players with more respect than multiple club players, I think it tarnishes their career a little when they've played at several.
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2225
    Reputation : 484
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:52 am

    @Honeysett wrote:I'd like to see him retire a one club player. I always hold one club players with more respect than multiple club players, I think it tarnishes their career a little when they've played at several.

    Depends if he goes somewhere else to chase a ring or to mentor the next generation.
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3513
    Reputation : 382
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by Pieman on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:35 pm

    He will do a Kimmorley and play one more year, then go into a coaching role

    On a side note - who was a better player
    Brett Kimmorley or Cooper Cronk?
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2225
    Reputation : 484
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 30

    Cronk/Pearce Watch Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm

    @Pieman wrote:He will do a Kimmorley and play one more year, then go into a coaching role

    On a side note - who was a better player
    Brett Kimmorley or Cooper Cronk?

    Cronk. Duh.

      Current date/time is Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:35 am