NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Holmes watch

Pieman
    Pieman

Holmes watch Empty Holmes watch

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:16 am

So Val is following the Hayne model - lets hope he doesnt go out the same way hayne did. Good on him for having a crack though, personally I can see him having a similar role to hayne with punt returning. He is a great athlete, but far out those American receivers and running backs are amazing athletes... they are just next level to our RL players.

The advantage is he is much younger than hayne, so its not a last ditch effort like his. Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Also fuck you paul gallen.
    Dip

Holmes watch Empty Re: Holmes watch

Post by Dip Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am

Pieman wrote:
    Also fuck you paul gallen.

The guy who got suspended for 4 games for taking performance enhancing drugs calling for a life ban. What a fuckhead.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Dip wrote:

The guy who got suspended for 4 games for taking performance enhancing drugs calling for a life ban. What a fuckhead.

+

The guy who tried to rip the stitches out of Laffranchis head
    The guy who grabbed the wheels of Graham
    The guy who slapped the head of an unconscious Cordoba
    The guy who coward punched Myles
    The guy who racially abused Paea
    The guy who is shit at Ninja Warrior

To be fair, if there's an expert in shitting on the integrity of the game, it's Paul Gallen.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:08 pm

ryno_ wrote:

+

The guy who tried to rip the stitches out of Laffranchis head
    The guy who grabbed the wheels of Graham
    The guy who slapped the head of an unconscious Cordoba
    The guy who coward punched Myles
    The guy who racially abused Paea
    The guy who is shit at Ninja Warrior

To be fair, if there's an expert in shitting on the integrity of the game, it's Paul Gallen.

You missed out the guy who got fined $50k and banned from being selected for his country for referring to his NRL bosses as cunts
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:32 pm

holmes 40 yard dash time is slower then haynes and he is around 15 kg lighter

unlike hayne, i'm not sure he has much chance for an offensive skill position role. special teams maybe but i dunno, i have much bigger doubts over holmes then i did hayne.

being younger helps, i think holmes is more likely to stick it at for a while too, hayne put in 12 months of good effort but couldn't wait to get back to coasting back here but hayne was more comparable to NFL athletes at the time then holmes is. he is gonna have to pick up the fundamentals of the game more then hayne ever did and he's got 15 years worth of training on that to make up on other guys

i hope he makes it, i'll follow him, he'll be given a chance by someone but much less likely to play a regular season NFL game imo
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Special teams is his limit I think. No way he ever starts in a skill position.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:10 pm

leaguegod wrote:holmes 40 yard dash time is slower then haynes and he is around 15 kg lighter

unlike hayne, i'm not sure he has much chance for an offensive skill position role. special teams maybe but i dunno, i have much bigger doubts over holmes then i did hayne.

being younger helps, i think holmes is more likely to stick it at for a while too, hayne put in 12 months of good effort but couldn't wait to get back to coasting back here but hayne was more comparable to NFL athletes at the time then holmes is. he is gonna have to pick up the fundamentals of the game more then hayne ever did and he's got 15 years worth of training on that to make up on other guys

i hope he makes it, i'll follow him, he'll be given a chance by someone but much less likely to play a regular season NFL game imo

He's also younger then Hayne so probably has a better chance at adapting physically. His 40 yard time is also meaningless, since Hayne and other prospects spent months training specifically for a combine, where as Holmes hasn't.

If he stacks on 20kg and can retain his mobility, he'd likely make an OK TE prospect in the Gisieki / Engram mold. I dont really give him much other chance, I dont think he'll ever have the route running that the guys who have played the game since they were a kid will have.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:26 pm

ryno_ wrote:

He's also younger then Hayne so probably has a better chance at adapting physically. His 40 yard time is also meaningless, since Hayne and other prospects spent months training specifically for a combine, where as Holmes hasn't.

If he stacks on 20kg and can retain his mobility, he'd likely make an OK TE prospect in the Gisieki / Engram mold. I dont really give him much other chance, I dont think he'll ever have the route running that the guys who have played the game since they were a kid will have.

He'd be an awfully one dimensional TE. Him blocking is a scary prospect.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:47 pm

his height would be equal to that of the shortest TE currently in the NFL

20KG is a fair bit of beef to add too and i'd say learning the route running would be harder then say running back was for hayne. plus he'd have the added task of blocking, i know not all TE's do a heap of it but is he gonna excel enough as a receiver to no have that in his game ?

him being younger helps, i just think the pathway for his size & athleticism is harder then what it was for hayne.

i think if he grew up over there and played the sport for years, i think his measurables would have likely seen him as a DB/returner prospect, i just don't think he'll be able to learn to play DB over other prospects
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Krump wrote:
    He'd be an awfully one dimensional TE. Him blocking is a scary prospect.

I did name check Gisieki and Engram for that reason.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:43 pm

god he would be a terrible TE...
    His only hope is punt returner or maybe safety/cb

The bloke doesnt have the footwork that hayne had so I cant see him making it to be honest. I hope he does, wish him all the best and no doubt he will give it his best shot. Wish him all the luck in the world.

40 yard times are held in such high regard over there.. if his isnt as good as eg hayne then IMO he has slime to no chance of making it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:14 am

Pieman wrote:god he would be a terrible TE...
    His only hope is punt returner or maybe safety/cb

The bloke doesnt have the footwork that hayne had so I cant see him making it to be honest. I hope he does, wish him all the best and no doubt he will give it his best shot. Wish him all the luck in the world.

40 yard times are held in such high regard over there.. if his isnt as good as eg hayne then IMO he has slime to no chance of making it.
    Good one lol!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:55 am

yeah he would need a lot of time to learn to read plays etc, like a lifetime worth. Im basing it purely on his size, hands and speed.

WR is obviously the other position but same deal.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Went on a cruise for a few weeks. Can't believe I've come back and not read "late April Fools" joke somewhere, relating to this.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm