NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cronk/Pearce Watch

Poll

Where will he end up?

[ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_left17%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_left25%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_left33%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 12
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 16 Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

Post by ryno_ Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Pieman wrote:No mate, wingers dont captain rep footy sides. Soz.
    Being captain of the state is the accolade, and a pretty good one
    No, best back rower in the game. Sorry.
    Peanut left over by default? hahaha wow... too funny. He was vice captain for the WC just gone and captained the team against Fiji/png in the friendly they had.

Cordner - captain in waiting from Mal himself. He and Inglis will fight it out for the captain spot when Smith retires.

“I see him as the next Kangaroos captain,” Meninga said. “He has bought into the way the Kangaroos want to play. He is a player that will get picked every time the Kangaroos play. Greg Inglis isn’t here but I see those two guys fighting it out for the next spot to lead the Kangaroos once Cameron makes that decision.
    “It is a great honour. He will do a terrific job. He is great a communicator. He is an ideal candidate to take over from Cameron.”

I swear sometimes its as if you literally know nothing about league. You make this shit too easy for me sometimes man.

hehe

Coming from the state that had Gidley captain from the bench, barring Boyd from the gig is pretty funny. Especially since he'll probably be the fullback when Slater retires/breaks down.

He's the peanut left over by default because he's the only one with rep captaincy experience once Smithy retires.

Best second rower? Funny, I was pretty sure Gillett is the back-to-back Dally M second rower of the year.

You simpleton. I'm not saying he wont be captain. Im saying he shouldnt be. The national team should be the best players. The NSW influence in it is too strong as it is.

I swear sometimes its as if you literally know nothing, fullstop. Stick to your usual lane of defending convicted sex offenders.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:55 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Coming from the state that had Gidley captain from the bench, barring Boyd from the gig is pretty funny. Especially since he'll probably be the fullback when Slater retires/breaks down.

He's the peanut left over by default because he's the only one with rep captaincy experience once Smithy retires.

Best second rower? Funny, I was pretty sure Gillett is the back-to-back Dally M second rower of the year.

You simpleton. I'm not saying he wont be captain. Im saying he shouldnt be. The national team should be the best players. The NSW influence in it is too strong as it is.

I swear sometimes its as if you literally know nothing, fullstop. Stick to your usual lane of defending convicted sex offenders.
    It was ridiculous that they did that with Gidley, everyone said it at the time. And its only slightly less ridiculous that a winger would be captain of a rep side - but ridiculous none the less. Can you read mate? I literally said that if boyd becomes the full time fullback, he is most certainly a shot at the captaincy.

So Cordner is the most suitable person for the job, with his rep team captaining experience one of the factors that makes him most appropriate - cool thanks. Mal agrees.

The same dally m award where Gallen got lock of the year over Tuamalolo? Awesome

Soz mate, doesn't matter what you think it should be or not. He and GI are next in line according to the coach, and both are very appropriate and deserving options.

Odd you are making this a NSW v QLD thing. That should have literally nothing to do with it but that just explains your irrational and incorrect line of thinking so again, thanks. The aus team no, is not always about picking the very best players. Its about picking the most suitable players. This dunce ryno here forgets that Mal Meninga picks the farking side lol.

Why dont you go back to downvoting all my posts and denying it, and just make things up again? Oh wait you just did
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Darius Boyd as Captainof Australia? please, that will never happen and nor should it, the guy is a dunce and dullard whose own family would unlikely follow him into battle. I doubt he'll even play in the FB again for Aus. If Slater stays fit and goes around this year and maybe next, Darius is no chance of lining up in The Aus 1 again.

To be fair, if you have Boyd anywhere in your name, I think it should rule you ineligible, it's a laughably bad name. But Boyd Cordner is a million times more likely to Captain Australian than Darius and is more suitable in just about every way. It won't be Matt Scott either.

I'd say if Morgan continues his current form, he should likely get the gig, but only if he replaces Smith as Qld Origin captain. The reality is, if Smith steps down from Aus and Qld at the same time, Cordner is the logical successor.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:13 am

Cordner a better back tower than Taumololo? You having a laugh?
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:21 am

itll be Cordner though, and imo probably deservingly. By the time Smith retires, basically all the great QLDers will be retired or well into their 30’s. Cordner will have captain NSW and his club for probably 3 years, and still have 5+ years as a fixture in the test team with obvious leadership qualities. Will be weird having a regular NSW captain. Apart from when Fittler was given it during the Superleague war then held it for a few years, it’s been held by QLD legends Lewis, Meninga, Lockyer and Smith for the rest of the last 35 years.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:45 am

Dip wrote:Cordner a better back tower than Taumololo? You having a laugh?

lock is a different position to back row
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:17 am

Ice wrote:Darius Boyd as Captainof Australia? please, that will never happen and nor should it, the guy is a dunce and dullard whose own family would unlikely follow him into battle. I doubt he'll even play in the FB again for Aus. If Slater stays fit and goes around this year and maybe next, Darius is no chance of lining up in The Aus 1 again.

To be fair, if you have Boyd anywhere in your name, I think it should rule you ineligible, it's a laughably bad name. But Boyd Cordner is a million times more likely to Captain Australian than Darius and is more suitable in just about every way. It won't be Matt Scott either.

I'd say if Morgan continues his current form, he should likely get the gig, but only if he replaces Smith as Qld Origin captain. The reality is, if Smith steps down from Aus and Qld at the same time, Cordner is the logical successor.

Darius is club captain and a great communicator on the field. He's not anywhere near my first choice but he'd be a decent captain.

Of course the next in line to be captain is Cordner. I'm just saying, for the captain of the national team, can't we do better then just the default pick of the next bloke in line? Has Cordner ever been a successful as a captain or in the leadership group at club or rep level? Not really - whats his record? A friendly match or two against tier 5 nations and rolling over at home in origin? Wow. Are there options who have? Absolutely.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 am

Pieman wrote:

lock is a different position to back row

I think you meant to say “sorry I meant to say second rower in my post, not back rower. Everyone knows Lolo is the best back rower in the game, but Cordner is probably the best second rower”.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 am

Dip wrote:

I think you meant to say “sorry I meant to say second rower in my post, not back rower. Everyone knows Lolo is the best back rower in the game, but Cordner is probably the best second rower”.

I think you meant to say "I think you meant to say “sorry I meant to say second rower in my post, not back rower. Everyone knows Lolo is the best back rower in the game, but Cordner is probably the best second rower not named Matt Gillett”.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Dip wrote:

sure.
    Lolo is the best lock or front rower in the game and prob would be the best wide running second rower too if he played there. He is the best forward in the game.

Cordner is the best out and out seconder rower
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Crichton has his finger amputated so that he will be fit for 2018.. wow
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:46 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Darius is club captain and a great communicator on the field. He's not anywhere near my first choice but he'd be a decent captain.

Of course the next in line to be captain is Cordner. I'm just saying, for the captain of the national team, can't we do better then just the default pick of the next bloke in line? Has Cordner ever been a successful as a captain or in the leadership group at club or rep level? Not really - whats his record? A friendly match or two against tier 5 nations and rolling over at home in origin? Wow. Are there options who have? Absolutely.

No people in and around the Origin/Aus side are making noise about Darius as a contender, even those north of the border, plenty are making noise about Cordner, even those north of the border, that says enough about the relative esteem each are held for mine, regardless of his dad appointing him club captain or not. He can't, shouldn't and won't be Qld or Aus captain.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:32 am

Pieman wrote:Crichton has his finger amputated so that he will be fit for 2018.. wow
    Seems like Souths won't have to worry about his level of commitment next year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 am

so now the big rumour is SBW will sign with the chooks before june 30, i think the only thing likely to stop it is if the All Blacks end up wanting him but general consensus is they won't this year

top 4 teams adds cooper cronk, james tedesco and sonny bill williams. fair few rooster fans were pretty unhappy with robbo after last season, he's gonna have a fair bit of pressure to win a comp with this team
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:07 pm

leaguegod wrote:so now the big rumour is SBW will sign with the chooks before june 30, i think the only thing likely to stop it is if the All Blacks end up wanting him but general consensus is they won't this year

top 4 teams adds cooper cronk, james tedesco and sonny bill williams. fair few rooster fans were pretty unhappy with robbo after last season, he's gonna have a fair bit of pressure to win a comp with this team

Uncle Nick has come out and denied it, but the last line of the article is surely a piss take.

Despite the club's blue-chip recruitment of James Tedesco and Cooper Cronk for this season, it is believed the Roosters still have money to spend following the exit of Mitchell Pearce.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:13 pm

there were suggestions on social media that the roosters still have to spend more to reach the salary cap minimum spend haha
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:35 pm

lol yeah thats what we were "joking" about here
    they still have to spend the money pearce freed up

lol

lol

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 pm

leaguegod wrote:there were suggestions on social media that the roosters still have to spend more to reach the salary cap minimum spend haha

Well, unlike you heartless bastards I empathise with the poor Roosters.

Maybe it's because I had to go through the 90's unfairly copping barbs about my beloved Broncos cheating the cap, when it was clearly just a case of good management and players willing to take a little less to play for the mighty Bronx.

I genuinely feel sorry for all 3 of their fans.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:56 pm