NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

MS Team Tracker 2024 - To be abandoned after round 3

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

MS Team Tracker 2024 - To be abandoned after round 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: MS Team Tracker 2024 - To be abandoned after round 3

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:04 pm

Ended up with 697 ranked ~48.5k running out the team as listed above

Hooker:
    Mahoney - Scored 2 above breakeven with 10 missed tackles after averaging 5.5 per game last year. Filled the role I wanted and I still believe defense will improve against worse packs. Not a season long keeper but can assess at the bye

Middles:
    Haas - The best mid in fantasy you can almost lock him in for a floor of 50 and a 65 season long average. Has an okay bye schedule for origin players so might just be a season long hold
    Tatola - Role was about what I expected and only scored slightly below b/e in a game with 60 points scored. Hoping he can make some decent cash in time for a move in round 7
    Tupouinua - Unlucky with injury but still expect him to be a 30 and 70s guy. Will be a hold for me unless we get news of a long term injury
    Cotter - Looks to be 2x30 minute stints when the game doesn't blow out. Might not quite has the upside I hoped for but not a priority trade out scoring high 40s
    Salmon - Injuries forced him to centres so couldn't really see his true role. Assess for another week but I'm expecting 50-60 in the pack for 35-40 points. May not be good enough to play in the 17 for too long
    Smithies - Did exactly what I hoped for and looked good doing it. Hope he holds the spot once Horse comes back
    Hughes - Slow burn 100-150k locked firmly in position 21

Edge:
    Piakura - In every serious team so this weeks score doesn't really matter. See some talk of trading him out to avoid stalled cash gen which I think is madness.
    Wong - Interested to see how he goes in a game without injuries. Work rate was really good in his first stint. Won't be a season keeper but hope he can get to 650k
    Luki - Needed some junk time to boost the score at the end but playing decent minutes in a team that should score a lot of points this season. Probably a hold right up until round 16
    Chan - The one weak spot in my squad and I feel like he will be on the bench next week. Will hope for a cow to turn up pretty quickly to rectify it

Half:
    Cleary - Nothing needs to be said here. Still the best player in fantasy and probably just posted his lowest score of the year
    Moses - Was flying until the injury. Will hope he manages to suit up for this week. Good hold through to the second big bye if fit
    Hutcho - 34 in basically base. Will make cash, although might be a little slow

Centre:
    Burbo - Don't trust his job security for any more than a few weeks. Seems to be the only cheapie making cash in the short term. Will ride it until the wheels fall off
    Arthars - Hoping for a hit and run job playing in a team that should score a lot of points ala Coates from a few years back. Handy DPP in the mean time
    Strange - Hoping to keep him in slot 19 or 20 until he finds his feet in first grade. First man up at CTR/WFB if I cop an injury or suspension

WFB:
    Papy - Looked involved but points didn't follow. Not at all worried about this pick
    Russell - Scored around his price without attacking stats which is exactly what I wanted. Had a ~12 point try overturned for a foot on the dead ball line
    Cotric - Scored at his price without attacking stats. Hope he scores a few tries while he is in the 17

Overall the priority changes look like Chan and trying to get the first gun WFB to bottom out into the team. If Chan retains the starting spot there is a chance of zero trades and taking a week to check out the Tigers options.

Need a backup hooker in the medium term. No interest in flavour of the week May who I think is a 40 minute 45 point player long term priced at 40.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

MS Team Tracker 2024 - To be abandoned after round 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: MS Team Tracker 2024 - To be abandoned after round 3

Post by Honey Badger Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:19 am

That Moses injury would have been annoying he was on for a monster score. I captained Haas so it did go through my mind to go Moses over Cleary and buy Cleary after his bye. I didnt rate many of the <300 cashie options so was looking for some more cash to spread around. I didnt go through with it in the end.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:17 pm

Honey Badger wrote:That Moses injury would have been annoying he was on for a monster score. I captained Haas so it did go through my mind to go Moses over Cleary and buy Cleary after his bye. I didnt rate many of the <300 cashie options so was looking for some more cash to spread around. I didnt go through with it in the end.

Lots of the <300k guys scored pretty awful so cash gen is gonna be hard to come by unless you hit the right mid rangers. Having 18 guys I'm okay with in the 17 should help mitigate that somewhat
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:48 pm

TLT round 2 pretty kind, although with Cotric dropping to 18th man I now have until round 4 to find a WFB. In the mean time I will run with no cover.

Few Tigers I'm interested in but won't pull the trigger on any until we see how the rotations play out
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:05 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:TLT round 2 pretty kind, although with Cotric dropping to 18th man I now have until round 4 to find a WFB. In the mean time I will run with no cover.

Few Tigers I'm interested in but won't pull the trigger on any until we see how the rotations play out

I don't mind the Cotric dropping, means I can loop some of the shitto's for my 17th scorer.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:42 pm