NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Mattnz2024 team tracker

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Mattnz2024 team tracker Empty Mattnz2024 team tracker

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:57 pm

Surprised at how many of my current team are PODs at the moment.

Lussick - 6% - Even if Hands is on the bench, can see him getting enough minutes to at least maintain value. HOK is a shit position this season, and he is likely as good value potential as I can find. Did the job as a big minute HOK for Brad in 2021 for an extended period, averaging 49 in 70 minutes. Even if he doesn't start the season as 80 minute HOK, as he gets fitness, that seems to be the role he is being lined up for. Allows me to spend cash elsewhere in difficult positions.

Hopgood - 12% - Has proven he can play big minutes to start the season. Brad says he is now able to play 80 without losing focus (which would also mean not dropping off tackles late in the game).
    Have a gut feeling that there is something fishy going on with Matterson. Was the only regular top 17 guy that was named in the first week trial with no name guys, then in week 2 trial, was initially not named in the top 17, then came in after a late withdrawal, but then didn't take the field. Has thrown his toys out of the cot before, leaving the Tigers abruptly, could something be brewing here too?
    Hopgood will be a top 2 EDG by some margin, if he is going to get the 70+ minutes alluded to by Brad, he averages 72, with 4 of his 8 games 80+ points. Hands on the bench, potentially missing Matterson and Tuilagi as a bench EDG, would see Hopgood become a must have. May not play Origin and season keeper.

Harris - 2% - Gun lock when not injured. Underpriced and likely to come out to start the season scoring 60+ in 80 minutes in a team that is on the up. No Origin, season keeper.

Tupoinua - 8% and rising - If starting next to Wong, expect he gets 80 minutes or close to it, and Wong gets replaced by Butcher.

Luki - 8% - Lucy leaving changed everything for him. Should have a 60+ minute role, averages 55 when getting those minutes. Underpriced gun.

Piakura - 33% - The guys that I had ahead of him for value have all fallen by the wayside - Blore, RFM, Curran, Schuster. May not play 80 minutes week 1 coming back from injury, but should get that role most of the season.

Cleary - lots - Hynes under injury cloud, only captaincy pick to start the year.

Fogarty - 11% - Should add more kick meters, goal kicking duties and senior half, all means more points than last season by some margin.

Garrick - 3% - Want to spend up on at least 1 CTR. This is a combo pick, along with Turbo. Expect them to tear teams apart again this season as a duo. In the only game that Garrick had at CTR with Turbo playing, they carved up together, setting each other up for tries, with Garrick scoring over 100 points. Rewatched the game recently, magnificent! Benefits from goal kicking upside if Manly are in form. Has huge upside potential if Turbo is kicking ass and has an insane points differential of games with Turbo, vs without on the wing and at CTR. Also has a great bye schedule, and dual CTR/WFB. In R1, while the field is small, the team they are playing is understrength. Probably my biggest punt of the season.

Strange - 31% - If he starts over Weekes, must have and would start him at CTR each week to start the season.

Papy - lots - no need to explain

Turbo - 7% - If back to his best, can average 70+ (that incredible season averaged 80), priced at 47, shouldn't drop below that. Was looking to be getting back to his best with scores of 79 and 102 in his last 2 games before injury. Has adjusted to his new running style to avoid injury and back to full speed. If he starts fast, some may grab Turbo quickly. Don't expect many to have Garrick on fire as well.

Rapana - 1% - Apparently has the fitness for fullback. Raiders have too many young guys in the backs. Will need an experienced head at fullback to guide them. Can't see Stewart being up to the task for a while and lots of decent options to cover Rapana at wing. Great value, low ownership gun.

Hutch - 5% - $400k, 49 average in the halves. Get in my team. 5%!!!

Smithies - 1% - Having seen the tackle bot scoring with a 1 PPM in the trial, could be the next Bateman style englishman. Could start the season with 50 points in 50 minutes, or potentially have even more minutes to start the season, like big red did at lock last year. Can re-evaluate when big red is back, but could see either of them pushed into the prop rotation for at least some of the game and both get decent minutes.

Salmon - 14% - Must have if starting ahead of Curran

Hughes - 31% - This years Ming / Preston. Fit, should be getting decent minutes and scoring worthy of a top 17 place to start the season.

Burbo - 36% - Who knows what may happen with Schuster. Too cheap to miss. Can start at 18th spot in my team and potentially loop in if he waltzes over for tries.

Levi - 3% - If starting, can be my back up HOK. Cheap enough to be value.

Mikaele - 2% - Taking the most of opportunities presented. 30 points in 30 minutes would be great if Hess is out.

$230k guy - Have Galvin as a filler for now, just need any $230k guy to be named in a decent role to start the season, or can adjust.

$3k remaining.

My biggest decision to start the season is if I keep Garrick. May downgrade him instead.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Mattnz2024 team tracker Empty Re: Mattnz2024 team tracker

Post by Honey Badger Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:39 pm

If you are going to spend 600+ on a ctr id prefer Taylan May or RTS
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:45 pm

Honey Badger wrote:If you are going to spend 600+ on a ctr id prefer Taylan May or RTS

Yeah now going cheaper than Garrick, as a placeholder. Looking at grabbing Wong with the cash, mostly because of team structure.

If a Roosters EDG fails, can switch to Campbell or Schuster in the same price range when starting.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:51 pm

Leaving only 3k spare is not good.

I have Smithies too. Now reconsidering 😉

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:21 pm

mattnz wrote:

Yeah now going cheaper than Garrick, as a placeholder. Looking at grabbing Wong with the cash, mostly because of team structure.

If a Roosters EDG fails, can switch to Campbell or Schuster in the same price range when starting.

Not the Penis with Moses small point bump?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 pm

Welshy wrote:

Not the Penis with Moses small point bump?

Currently Montoya with an RTS bump, is currently in my price range. Will adjust next week based on final teams.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:38 pm

Hey Mate, Nice looking team, you sure you didn't steal mine? Laughing

Big question marks over the garrick pick for me. I think there better options cheaper that will score better.

I think Hutch's 49 avg as a half is unrealistic next to Burto. Burto will do majority of the long range kicking and I don't think Hutchos running game is any where near what it needs to be to make up for that. I think he will hover around the 30s if I'm honest.

Whats your hooker plan if Eels run 2 hookers. I'm running Lussick too for now but definitely not if hands is there.

Im not sold on the Smithies his Super league stats are nothing to get excited about.

Ive got a team tracker as well if youd like to give it a look. cheers.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

King Assassin wrote:Hey Mate, Nice looking team, you sure you didn't steal mine? Laughing

Big question marks over the garrick pick for me. I think there better options cheaper that will score better.

I think Hutch's 49 avg as a half is unrealistic next to Burto. Burto will do majority of the long range kicking and I don't think Hutchos running game is any where near what it needs to be to make up for that. I think he will hover around the 30s if I'm honest.

Whats your hooker plan if Eels run 2 hookers. I'm running Lussick too for now but definitely not if hands is there.

Im not sold on the Smithies his Super league stats are nothing to get excited about.

Ive got a team tracker as well if youd like to give it a look. cheers.

Yeah hearing that Kiraz will be getting CTR next weekend, so going him over Garrick.

Have now replaced Lussick with Brandon for now.

Will make more decisions next week.

Will check out your team.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:35 pm

A few changes over the course of the round, ended up with this team and 713 points, rank around 35k.

Brandon
    Tohu Smithies Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Flanagan
    Taylan Kiraz
    Turbo Papy Rapana

Luki Seyfarth Salmon Kini
    Levi Chan Hughes Strange

Really happy with the team overall, and my PODs in particular. Took the punt on Seyfarth being named at lock, instead of getting Cotter or Lolo, which looks to be paying off so far, also left me with $328k to spend. I wanted to be able to rebalance my team, to have more playable guys in the 14-17 and a more playable half. Adding Seyfarth allowed me to do this across 3 positions, with just 2 trades.

With Burbo getting a try and no sign of Schuster this week, will need to bring him in for his cash generation for however long he holds that spot.

Also want to strengthen my halves, Flanagan and Strange looking a bit weak as halves 2 and 3 and Cleary having a bye in an earlyish round. It is the only remaining weak position in the whole team.

The obvious trade out is Kini to bring in Burbo, but no other guys are really putting up their hand to exit for a new HLF2.

Figuring that if I am bringing in a CTR and a HLF, and Strange having the worst possible role for a 6 of tackle bot only, he looks to be surplus to requirements and likely a slow burn. Had no attacking role when Raiders were running riot. My other cheapies should all increase in value faster and are playable ahead of him.

Really interested in Sullivan. Is in the perfect spot as the senior half next to an 18 year old playing his first game at 6. Sullivan had huge games in reserve grade at 7 last season, (68 average across 4 games, low of 49, 2 games over 80!!) and scored well when Hunt wasn't playing in first grade.

He is cheap due to playing off the interchange, injury games and playing next to Hunt. In a totally different situation next to Galvin, to be the dominant half.

Has a decent kicking game, but also a great running game that Sezer doesn't, so can see why Benji would prefer this combination. Looking for Sullivan to score close to what Fogarty would have, for $200k less and can trade out an 18-21 player to get him as a result, retaining a stronger bench (to get Fog, I would have needed to trade Sitili or Piakura).

Kini > Burbo
    Strange > Sullivan
    $144k still banked for the future

Leaves me with strength throughout my 17 in all positions, including a good bench, so looking forward to a decent move up the ranks this week.

Brandon
    Tohu Smithies Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Sullivan
    Taylan Kiraz
    Turbo Papy Rapana

Luki Seyfarth Salmon Burbo
    Levi Flanagan Chan Hughes
    $144k

May not even need any trades next week, all going to plan.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am

I have been holding out for an update Matt? Did you make any trades for R2?
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:09 pm

mattnz wrote:A few changes over the course of the round, ended up with this team and 713 points, rank around 35k.

Brandon
    Tohu Smithies Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Flanagan
    Taylan Kiraz
    Turbo Papy Rapana

Luki Seyfarth Salmon Kini
    Levi Chan Hughes Strange

Really happy with the team overall, and my PODs in particular. Took the punt on Seyfarth being named at lock, instead of getting Cotter or Lolo, which looks to be paying off so far, also left me with $328k to spend. I wanted to be able to rebalance my team, to have more playable guys in the 14-17 and a more playable half. Adding Seyfarth allowed me to do this across 3 positions, with just 2 trades.

With Burbo getting a try and no sign of Schuster this week, will need to bring him in for his cash generation for however long he holds that spot.

Also want to strengthen my halves, Flanagan and Strange looking a bit weak as halves 2 and 3 and Cleary having a bye in an earlyish round. It is the only remaining weak position in the whole team.

The obvious trade out is Kini to bring in Burbo, but no other guys are really putting up their hand to exit for a new HLF2.

Figuring that if I am bringing in a CTR and a HLF, and Strange having the worst possible role for a 6 of tackle bot only, he looks to be surplus to requirements and likely a slow burn. Had no attacking role when Raiders were running riot. My other cheapies should all increase in value faster and are playable ahead of him.

Really interested in Sullivan. Is in the perfect spot as the senior half next to an 18 year old playing his first game at 6. Sullivan had huge games in reserve grade at 7 last season, (68 average across 4 games, low of 49, 2 games over 80!!) and scored well when Hunt wasn't playing in first grade.

He is cheap due to playing off the interchange, injury games and playing next to Hunt. In a totally different situation next to Galvin, to be the dominant half.

Has a decent kicking game, but also a great running game that Sezer doesn't, so can see why Benji would prefer this combination. Looking for Sullivan to score close to what Fogarty would have, for $200k less and can trade out an 18-21 player to get him as a result, retaining a stronger bench (to get Fog, I would have needed to trade Sitili or Piakura).

Kini > Burbo
    Strange > Sullivan
    $144k still banked for the future

Leaves me with strength throughout my 17 in all positions, including a good bench, so looking forward to a decent move up the ranks this week.

Brandon
    Tohu Smithies Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Sullivan
    Taylan Kiraz
    Turbo Papy Rapana

Luki Seyfarth Salmon Burbo
    Levi Flanagan Chan Hughes
    $144k

May not even need any trades next week, all going to plan.

Hey Matt hope all is well, looked like you were getting a bit of stick on the forum as of late.
    Tough break for you this week by the looks. Saying, "May not even need any trades next week, all going to plan", looks to have bitten ya in the ass lol. In hind sight flanno/sitili to fog was definitely the play and if I saw this sooner I definitely would've suggested it it to you. Interested to see what your plans are to get back on track, for me there's 5 guys that are sells asap, in Luki, Wong, Sitili, Seyfarth and Sullivan. If theres guys I could suggest to replace them, TEmay, Lussick, Galvin are widely being bought. Maybe swallow your pride and pick strange back up?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:34 pm

Matt NZ

I think you could restore your pride on the forum by demonstrating that your idiosyncratic ways can get you of the bottom of the table - show us how it is done

call you shots and outline how you go from zero - to hero in the 25 round remaining

love to see what trades you have planned - do you reckon seyfarth is gonna surprise us all this week and be a hold - what the story morning glory?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:15 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Matt NZ

I think you could restore your pride on the forum by demonstrating that your idiosyncratic ways can get you of the bottom of the table - show us how it is done

call you shots and outline how you go from zero - to hero in the 25 round remaining

love to see what trades you have planned - do you reckon seyfarth is gonna surprise us all this week and be a hold - what the story morning glory?

It looks like Seyfarth did surprise us. He looks pretty solid as a player too - i just wonder if he will get the minutes every week

and Kiraz with an average of 55 - which Kiraz will turn up next week i wonder?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:54 pm

Team tracker without a trace?

via GIPHY

ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:33 am

You’re keeping this thing more relevant than he actually is.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:33 pm