NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GreenSchist's Team Tracker

GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

GreenSchist's Team Tracker Empty GreenSchist's Team Tracker

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Back for another crack in 2024! After being in 1st Overall for a time and 2nd heading into the first major bye round, I fell off a cliff at the back end of the season, being unable to cope with injuries and late changes.
    Major takeaway for 2024? PRESERVE TRADES!!

GRANT
    HOPGOOD, COTTER, TUPOUNIUA
    PIAKURA, WONG
    CLEARY, HUTCH
    SIMONSSON, BURBO
    TEDDY, PAPS, KINI

LUKI, SMITHIES, BOYD, SALMON

WEEKES, BRADLEY, HUGHES, GALVIN

Other options: PENIS, PONGA, TURBO, MIKAELE, SEYFARTH, LUSSICK

GRANT: A recent addition to my team and has more to do with my lack of confidence in other Hookers. Safest option and should be a lock all season (provided I can cover for Origin).

Hopgood: Hasn't left my team since day 1. Priced at his floor and with a decent PPM and big minutes, I see room for improvement. BA has said he wants to have the option of Hopgood as an 80 minute lock and even if that doesn't eventuate, it should remove some of the shenanigans we endured with his minutes and role last year. All in baby.

Cotter: Last year was a down year, with low minutes in many of the Cowboys losses. The hope this year is for a bounce back and with him named co-captain, combined with the lack of mid depth the Cowboys have, I only see upside (along with everyone else).

Tupouniua: Named to start, cheap and DPP. Might not last but don't need to overthink this one.

Wong: Bit of a gamble based on job security but cheap enough that I can take the gamble. Worst case, I switch to Seyfarth (or another cashie) in Rd 2.

Piakura: Reportedly fit and should be a lock in everyones side.

Cleary: Chin up

Hutch: If named, the upside is too much to pass up. Ciraldo has said that Hutch will get the first crack to partner Burton in the halves (over Sexton) and nothing I saw in the trials showed me this wont be the case come TLT 1B.

SIMONSSON: Would prefer Penis here but with everyone else I have jammed in, I'll happily take the other Eels center (even if he starts the season on the wing).

Burbo: Reasonably confident he will score mid 30's round 1. After that, its a gamble and will want to have another center option available. Hopefully a cheapie pops up in TLT.

Teddy: Wanted Ponga here but will happily take Teddy. Has looked good in preseason and the hope here is that he and the Roosters come out firing.

Paps: Stupid not to have him based on ownership.

Kini: Bit of a gamble with regards to job security but if anything, the Campbell interview only makes me even more confident that Kini will have a multi week role. Worth it.

Luki: Should be looking at an increased role with the departure of Lucy. Got through a very promising amount of work in the Week 2 trial.

Smithies: DPP base stat lock. High upside play with the hope Horse gets shifted to prop when he returns.

Boyd: Loaded up on mids/edges means I need someone to cover both Hooker and Half. Not much upside with Boyd but also should provide a decent floor for scoring. Can afford to have one guy in my team who's not there purely for cash generation.

Salmon: Hopefully he gets named at lock and this pick takes care of itself.

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

GreenSchist's Team Tracker Empty Re: GreenSchist's Team Tracker

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:14 pm

Great team bro. Seeing a Haas-less team makes me consider my own pick cuz it is a huge amount of coin when I'm also wanting Hopgood. I agree on Hutch, definitely upside on paper at least. Finger's crossed on that one.

You were my first picked in Fantasy Fantasy this season, so I have the faith haha
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Love the Boyd pick, been trying to squeeze him in. I have a similar team. Not keen on taking the punt with the Eels hooker?
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Reklaw wrote:Love the Boyd pick, been trying to squeeze him in. I have a similar team. Not keen on taking the punt with the Eels hooker?  

Lussick has been in my team most of the preseason. If there’s no Hands on the bench next TLT, there’s every chance I just ditch Grant and run with Lussick and Boyd.
    I’ve also considered doing the same with Cheese. No Connor Watson on the bench has me thinking he’s gonna play big minutes (65+).
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:54 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Great team bro. Seeing a Haas-less team makes me consider my own pick cuz it is a huge amount of coin when I'm also wanting Hopgood. I agree on Hutch, definitely upside on paper at least. Finger's crossed on that one.

You were my first picked in Fantasy Fantasy this season, so I have the faith haha

Cheers Stu, appreciate it. Hopefully I can repay the faith!

I’m not against Haas by any means, I just see more upside with Hopgood from his starting point. The extra cash does help somewhat. I might even play around with a Hopgood + Haas tandem haha
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:36 pm

So I did some shuffling and I think you’ll have a hard time convincing me not to go with this setup.
    Yes, it’s a lot of money up front for Vegas but on the upside, at least I’ll be leading after week 1! Razz

LUSSICK (or CHEESE)
    HAAS, HOPGOOD, COTTER,
    PIAKURA, WONG
    CLEARY, HUTCH
    SIMONSSON, BURBO
    TURBO, PAPS, KINI

TUPOUNIUA, BOYD, SEYFARTH, SALMON
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:38 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Back for another crack in 2024! After being in 1st Overall for a time and 2nd heading into the first major bye round, I fell off a cliff at the back end of the season, being unable to cope with injuries and late changes.
    Major takeaway for 2024? PRESERVE TRADES!!

GRANT
    HOPGOOD, COTTER, TUPOUNIUA
    PIAKURA, WONG
    CLEARY, HUTCH
    SIMONSSON, BURBO
    TEDDY, PAPS, KINI

LUKI, SMITHIES, BOYD, SALMON

WEEKES, BRADLEY, HUGHES, GALVIN

Other options: PENIS, PONGA, TURBO, MIKAELE, SEYFARTH, LUSSICK

GRANT: A recent addition to my team and has more to do with my lack of confidence in other Hookers. Safest option and should be a lock all season (provided I can cover for Origin).

Hopgood: Hasn't left my team since day 1. Priced at his floor and with a decent PPM and big minutes, I see room for improvement. BA has said he wants to have the option of Hopgood as an 80 minute lock and even if that doesn't eventuate, it should remove some of the shenanigans we endured with his minutes and role last year. All in baby.

Cotter: Last year was a down year, with low minutes in many of the Cowboys losses. The hope this year is for a bounce back and with him named co-captain, combined with the lack of mid depth the Cowboys have, I only see upside (along with everyone else).

Tupouniua: Named to start, cheap and DPP. Might not last but don't need to overthink this one.

Wong: Bit of a gamble based on job security but cheap enough that I can take the gamble. Worst case, I switch to Seyfarth (or another cashie) in Rd 2.

Piakura: Reportedly fit and should be a lock in everyones side.

Cleary: Chin up

Hutch: If named, the upside is too much to pass up. Ciraldo has said that Hutch will get the first crack to partner Burton in the halves (over Sexton) and nothing I saw in the trials showed me this wont be the case come TLT 1B.

SIMONSSON: Would prefer Penis here but with everyone else I have jammed in, I'll happily take the other Eels center (even if he starts the season on the wing).

Burbo: Reasonably confident he will score mid 30's round 1. After that, its a gamble and will want to have another center option available. Hopefully a cheapie pops up in TLT.

Teddy: Wanted Ponga here but will happily take Teddy. Has looked good in preseason and the hope here is that he and the Roosters come out firing.

Paps: Stupid not to have him based on ownership.

Kini: Bit of a gamble with regards to job security but if anything, the Campbell interview only makes me even more confident that Kini will have a multi week role. Worth it.

Luki: Should be looking at an increased role with the departure of Lucy. Got through a very promising amount of work in the Week 2 trial.

Smithies: DPP base stat lock. High upside play with the hope Horse gets shifted to prop when he returns.

Boyd: Loaded up on mids/edges means I need someone to cover both Hooker and Half. Not much upside with Boyd but also should provide a decent floor for scoring. Can afford to have one guy in my team who's not there purely for cash generation.

Salmon: Hopefully he gets named at lock and this pick takes care of itself.

Burvbo, Kini and Galvin are all traps. Appreciate the CAPS - much maligned for no reason
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:05 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Burvbo, Kini and Galvin are all traps. Appreciate the CAPS - much maligned for no reason

Traps or opportunities? It’s a very fine line.
    Agree though, that those three are not without risk.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:01 am

GreenSchist wrote:So I did some shuffling and I think you’ll have a hard time convincing me not to go with this setup.
    Yes, it’s a lot of money up front for Vegas but on the upside, at least I’ll be leading after week 1!  Razz

LUSSICK (or CHEESE)
    HAAS, HOPGOOD, COTTER,
    PIAKURA, WONG
    CLEARY, HUTCH
    SIMONSSON, BURBO
    TURBO, PAPS, KINI

TUPOUNIUA, BOYD, SEYFARTH, SALMON

A couple of updates from the past 48 hours.

- I'm warming to Cheese more as my initial starting hooker. The uncertainty with the Eels Hooker situation isn't ideal and I'm starting to think there may be limited upside in Lussick, even if Hands isn't named on the bench. He's not exactly a PPM beast. Locking in Cheese early is my only concern, as I would much prefer to have the flexibility come next week but if BA screws us with the Eels hookers, then I really have no other solid options to turn to..... Wait, as I'm writing this, why not just play Boyd as my starting hooker and then make the decision in week 2? Pick up either of Lussick, Cheese or even Levi pending how they perform in Week 1.

- Haas is gone. Would love hime but there's just no flexibility with cap, made all the worse by the early lockout. I still think Hopgood has the chance to perform equally as well as has for $50k less.

- Turbo is now Rapana (vomit). Should do well at the back and the Raiders looked surprisingly good against the Cowboys in Week 2 of the trials.

- Kini is still in the team but would love to switch him to another cheapy come TLT2.

- Really warming on McInnes, Smithies and Plath. Will see what TLT2 throws at us but at this stage I have used the money from Haas to fit at least two of these guys in.

- Still like Seyfarth but happy to wait till Week 2 or 3.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:48 pm

OK, final update for Round 1, following TLT 1B.
    Probably sucked in a bit too much by Amateur Mark on his recent podcast. I’ve been up and down on McInnes lately but it’s now sealed. He’s priced at his floor so I’m all upside! Also had never considered Cotric as my WFB/CTR cover, which allows for so much more stacking of my Mids/Edges.

$0 ITB as I am happy with my cover and willing to pass on May next week and ride out Wong and Sitili (barring serious injury). If someone flops in the first few rounds, I have my eye on Galvin if he gets decent minutes off the bench; or Chan if it looks like he’s locked down the starting Edge role

BS9
    Hopgood, Cotter, McInnes
    Luki, Smithies
    Cleary, Fogarty
    Strange, Burbo
    Papa, Turbo, Kini

Piakura, Wong, Sitili, Hutch

Salmon, Levi, Hughes, Cotric.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:11 pm

Any concern with only Cheese and Levi as hookers?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:20 pm

5 Raiders doesn’t concern you and no proper hooker cover?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:47 pm

Shady2K wrote:Any concern with only Cheese and Levi as hookers?

Rabbits21 wrote:5 Raiders doesn’t concern you and no proper hooker cover?

Meh I wouldn't worry about any of that. You have two hookers and if need be you can use a trade. Raiders are fine, bye is miles away. I would take 10 Raiders if the value was there.

Bigger concern for me is Cotric as your only cover for five positions. He might not even play next week if Kris pushes Hopoate to the wing and Cotric out. Kini certainly won't play next week. No guarantee Burbo will either. Kini could be out by rd 4, Pappy will be out rd 4 also. Just seems a bit light at the back perhaps. But you know what you're doing, could all pay off.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:44 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Meh I wouldn't worry about any of that. You have two hookers and if need be you can use a trade. Raiders are fine, bye is miles away. I would take 10 Raiders if the value was there.

Bigger concern for me is Cotric as your only cover for five positions. He might not even play next week if Kris pushes Hopoate to the wing and Cotric out. Kini certainly won't play next week. No guarantee Burbo will either. Kini could be out by rd 4, Pappy will be out rd 4 also. Just seems a bit light at the back perhaps. But you know what you're doing, could all pay off.

Thanks lads. I tend to agree with Mulvy. I’m not concerned about the lack of hooker depth and I can manage a few too many Raiders in the short term.

Since I posted, I heard the Amateurs talk about DM’s with J.Campbell saying his return is more likely Round 3, so I’ve gone cold on Kini.
    Have brought in Rapana instead, at the expense of Smithies or Cotter.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:05 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Thanks lads. I tend to agree with Mulvy. I’m not concerned about the lack of hooker depth and I can manage a few too many Raiders in the short term.

Since I posted, I heard the Amateurs talk about DM’s with J.Campbell saying his return is more likely Round 3, so I’ve gone cold on Kini.
    Have brought in Rapana instead, at the expense of Smithies or Cotter.

That’s an interesting tidbit on JC. Might have to revert my team back to last night’s version.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:12 pm

Week 2 Summary

TRADE OUT: Cotric + Levi
    TRADE IN: Liddle + Galvin

HOK: B. Smith (39)

More minutes please!! No need to panic.

MID: Tupouniua (31) | Smithies (46) | McInnes (48)

Smithies has the backing of Sticky as the the starting lock going forward. All aboard!. McInnes's gets another week but only cause I have other fires to put out. Fingers crossed he can see some more minutes and pump out a decent score against the Tigers. Sitili out for May this week,

EDG: Piakura (40) | Hosking (93)

HosGod.

HLF: Cleary (c) (58) | Hutchison (29)

Another slow start to a season by Cleary - not worried. Hutchison needs a decent score to get his price rises moving, hopefully that happens next week. Ciraldo is apparently happy enough with him starting, so don't see a switch for Sexton happening just yet. Will hold for now.

CTR: Strange (44) | B. Trbojevic (30)

Strange looks good with base stats which supports a high floor (30ish for a CTR). No idea what his ceiling is but happy to continue starting him here. Not worried about Burbo, who got switched around a bit during the game. 100% not worried about Schuster who is unfit and apparently out of favour.

WFB:
    T. Trbojevic (45) | Papenhuyzen (81) | Ponga (39)

Not panicking with Ponga. He only loses money if I sell, so will ride out this lapse in form.

INT: Luki (9) | Liddle (33) | Wong (37) | Galvin (43)

Shouldn't have trusted Luki, now he's gone. Liddle is a tackle machine and I still love what I saw out of him. Should get more mins without the HIA and look better in a stronger Dragons performance.

EMG: Salmon (31) | Chan (35) | Galvin (43) | Hughes (29)

EMG performed well. Happy to hold all.

$13k ITB / 34 trades left

Score: 796 / Rank: 23671

Expected trades for this week (pre TLT):
    TRADE OUT: Luki + Sitili
    TRADE IN: May + Finefeuiaki

Mini Haas is a must. FF provides a decent cheapy to be able to fund the trade.

McInnes, Wong, Hosking (with Whitehead and Horse back) and BS9 all on minutes watch

Last edited by GreenSchist on Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Nice format Wink

Same outs for me at this stage Luki and Sitili

FF is on my target list too. But I need a WFB unless Kris suits up, so looking at Ted if spending up or hoping Campbell gets named. Second trade would then be between FF, Curran, Lussick or Cotter
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:07 pm

Shady2K wrote:Nice format Wink

Same outs for me at this stage Luki and Sitili

FF is on my target list too. But I need a WFB unless Kris suits up, so looking at Ted if spending up or hoping Campbell gets named. Second trade would then be between FF, Curran, Lussick or Cotter

I wondered if you would notice. Work smarter, not harder Laughing

The WFB dilemma is a tough one and I don’t think TLT will be kind for Kris.
    I’d almost prioritise a dpp WFB like Cobbo, TM4 or RTS, all of which are $70-100k cheaper than Ted. In saying that, money doesn’t appear to be an issue for you and Teddy looks great so no reason not to.
    If JC gets named, that’s the obvious pick.

Curran and Lussick are great picks and nows probably the last good week to get them. There’s probably a reason you didn’t start with Cotter, I wouldn’t necessarily go chasing just off a crazy game (he had 40 tackles by halftime and then only 13 in the 2nd half). He’s probably 3rd on that list of ins for me (maybe 4th behind FF).
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

I wondered if you would notice. Work smarter, not harder Laughing

The WFB dilemma is a tough one and I don’t think TLT will be kind for Kris.
    I’d almost prioritise a dpp WFB like Cobbo, TM4 or RTS, all of which are $70-100k cheaper than Ted. In saying that, money doesn’t appear to be an issue for you and Teddy looks great so no reason not to.
    If JC gets named, that’s the obvious pick.

Curran and Lussick are great picks and nows probably the last good week to get them. There’s probably a reason you didn’t start with Cotter, I wouldn’t necessarily go chasing just off a crazy game (he had 40 tackles by halftime and then only 13 in the 2nd half). He’s probably 3rd on that list of ins for me (maybe 4th behind FF).

Yeah Ted passes the eye test for me for his involvement and improvement and has some nice match ups coming - but pricey
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

Week 3 Summary

TRADE OUT: Luki + Wong
    TRADE IN: May + Fine

Score: 790 Rank: 10,846

32 trades remaining

HOK: B. Smith (44)

MID: Tupouniua (33) | Smithies (33) | McInnes (51)

EDG: Piakura (30) | Hosking (48)

HLF: Cleary (c) (75) | Hutchison (37)

CTR: Strange (12) | B. Trbojevic (15)

WFB: T. Trbojevic (46) | Papenhuyzen (51) | Ponga (52)

INT: TerMay (50) | Fine (40) | Rapana (61) | Salmon (37)

EMG: Galvin (60) | Chan (35) | Liddle (0) | Hughes (17)

Glad to have Liddle this week. Have the same issues as everyone else, just to a lesser extent. Will hold Cleary and Piakura (for the time being). Have the luxury of trading two green dots this week. Feel like Talagi is a blessing to give me some much needed CTR cover and KPP just looks fun. Can't be any worse than Shitili anyway. Was originally gonna flip Chan but Hughes has a highish BE this week and hasn't looked like doing much off the bench - needs an injury before he can make a difference.
    Here's hoping for a decent week to continue to climb up the rankings!

Expected trades for this week:
    TRADE OUT: Hughes + Sitili
    TRADE IN: KPP + Talagi

Liddle
    TerMay| Smithies | McInnes (C)
    KPP| Hosking
    Galvin | Hutchison
    Strange | B. Trbojevic
    T. Trbojevic | Rapana | Ponga

B.Smith | Fine | Talagi | Salmon

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 pm