NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:26 am

Welshy wrote:
    That's the fucking hammer mate!

Mate just keep going and getting everything out, even if you think it's not relevant, these guys are training to connect anything and everything

Then come here and if you want say it if comfortable, the more you hear whats been said the quicker you can come around to it, understand it and work on it!

Well done mate

Thanks a lot Welshy! Yeah im actually looking forward to the next session which I really didn't think I would haha

Mate im heading to Scotland and Ireland next year I might have to make a trip to Wales and shout you a beer
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:24 pm

If you make it to Wales some one should be shouting you some beers.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:11 am

Anyone do their own homebrew beer or cider?

Currently making my first lot of turbo cider. Seems to be going OK. Surely I can't mess it up too badly.
    Gonna use it for mulled cider at a mate's party anyone so shouldn't matter if its a bit dry and I won't carbonate it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:47 am

filthridden wrote:Anyone do their own homebrew beer or cider?

Currently making my first lot of turbo cider. Seems to be going OK. Surely I can't mess it up too badly.
    Gonna use it for mulled cider at a mate's party anyone so shouldn't matter if its a bit dry and I won't carbonate it.
    Totally missed this. I'm a beer brewer not cider but the most important thing in any brewing is looking after your yeast.
    Mulling it will cover most of the deficiencies anyway but if you don't look after your yeast it can be a real bitch.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 am

Krump wrote:
    Totally missed this. I'm a beer brewer not cider but the most important thing in any brewing is looking after your yeast.
    Mulling it will cover most of the deficiencies anyway but if you don't look after your yeast it can be a real bitch.

What do you mean when you say look after your yeast? Sterilisation?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:24 am

filthridden wrote:
    Krump wrote:

Blue Waffle Brew.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 am

filthridden wrote:

Sterilisation, using the right yeast for the temperature you'll be fermenting in and pitching the correct amount.
    Clean, clean clean and making sure you're using enough yeast are the easiest things to control. 
    Just adding a sachet of yeast nutrient(which is only dead yeast anyway) can make a big difference to the quality of the brew by stopping the yeast from stressing. I will also lower the chances of you getting an infection as the yeast can take off faster allowing it to overpower any nasties that might have made it through the sterilisation process.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:50 am

Krump wrote:
    Sterilisation, using the right yeast for the temperature you'll be fermenting in and pitching the correct amount.
    Clean, clean clean and making sure you're using enough yeast are the easiest things to control. 
    Just adding a sachet of yeast nutrient(which is only dead yeast anyway) can make a big difference to the quality of the brew by stopping the yeast from stressing. I will also lower the chances of you getting an infection as the yeast can take off faster allowing it to overpower any nasties that might have made it through the sterilisation process.

Yeah I did read a little about yeast nutrients. Only making turbo cider so will put it down the list of things to try until I get it down pat, maybe.

As for pitching the yeast, I just dumped the (hopefully) correct amount on top of the apple juice in the carboy. Started a good bubbling in under 48hrs and the bubbling has almost stopped 10 days later. I would leave it longer to settle but promised my friend mulled cider at her birthday party and like you were saying, it shouldn't matter if its a bit shit if I'm mulling it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:53 am

filthridden wrote:

Yeah I did read a little about yeast nutrients. Only making turbo cider so will put it down the list of things to try until I get it down pat, maybe.

As for pitching the yeast, I just dumped the (hopefully) correct amount on top of the apple juice in the carboy. Started a good bubbling in under 48hrs and the bubbling has almost stopped 10 days later. I would leave it longer to settle but promised my friend mulled cider at her birthday party and like you were saying, it shouldn't matter if its a bit shit if I'm mulling it.
    It'll just be a bit sweeter if its not quite finished fermenting, just don't go bottling it or kaboom!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:59 am

Krump wrote:
    It'll just be a bit sweeter if its not quite finished fermenting, just don't go bottling it or kaboom!

Sweeter is the idea for mulled cider! Smile

Yeah definitely not bottling it. Will be pretty much straight out of the carboy into a pot and then once I've mulled it, transporting to my mates house and simmer and potentially add some rum.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:52 pm

I used to love drinking homemade (farmhouse) Most in Austria. The early cloudy stuff was good, as it clears up the alcohol content gets higher. Pears are often used plus tiny apples. Good gear on a warm day.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 am

SI wrote:

Blue Waffle Brew.

Fucken yuck!!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:44 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:
    SI wrote:

Blue Waffle Brew.

Fucken yuck!!

Don't knock it till you've tried it!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:52 am

I'm struggling big time. Bambi and I aren't going to make it I feel. She's made zero time for me whatsoever. We barely speak and she's enjoying her new life and doesn't want to come home. Now I know a visa extension isn't going to be easy but she's talking like she wants to stay and not come back. Says she's never been happier than when she's there and while she loves me she loves being there more. She's admitted she hasn't been a very good girlfriend to me recently by not making time for me but doesn't want to change. At the moment we're on an exclusive break while "we work out what we want to do" I know for a fact she's not going to be with other guys and it's not about that but she's saying she's changed the person she is. In my head I'm thinking "fuck you've been there 3 weeks, no one changes that quickly" but when she's got something in her head there's no talking her around. I have never ever cried over a girl, ever but that's changed. It's hurting me so much that she could so easily give me up (if that's what happens) we've talked about getting married and what we want to do in life and it's all aligned. I don't want to lose her, it's going to absolutely break my heart. We've had no communication at all in 4 days and while I've been keeping myself busy (lost heaps of weights at the gym and putting up some more muscle) all I want is for her to message or call me crying and saying she's sorry and wants to stay with me. My gut feeling is that she's going to break up with me and I'll never see her again, I'll lose my best friend, my future wife and as perverted as it sounds, the best sex I've had.

I don't want to have to deal with this.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:59 am

Honeysett wrote:I'm struggling big time. Bambi and I aren't going to make it I feel. She's made zero time for me whatsoever. We barely speak and she's enjoying her new life and doesn't want to come home. Now I know a visa extension isn't going to be easy but she's talking like she wants to stay and not come back. Says she's never been happier than when she's there and while she loves me she loves being there more. She's admitted she hasn't been a very good girlfriend to me recently by not making time for me but doesn't want to change. At the moment we're on an exclusive break while "we work out what we want to do" I know for a fact she's not going to be with other guys and it's not about that but she's saying she's changed the person she is. In my head I'm thinking "fuck you've been there 3 weeks, no one changes that quickly" but when she's got something in her head there's no talking her around. I have never ever cried over a girl, ever but that's changed. It's hurting me so much that she could so easily give me up (if that's what happens) we've talked about getting married and what we want to do in life and it's all aligned. I don't want to lose her, it's going to absolutely break my heart. We've had no communication at all in 4 days and while I've been keeping myself busy (lost heaps of weights at the gym and putting up some more muscle) all I want is for her to message or call me crying and saying she's sorry and wants to stay with me. My gut feeling is that she's going to break up with me and I'll never see her again, I'll lose my best friend, my future wife and as perverted as it sounds, the best sex I've had.

I don't want to have to deal with this.
    Mate that is shit, but as hard as it is now, it's only been 3 weeks, so its all new for her at the moment and she is loving it, I doubt there has been much time for anything bad to have happened so until something does and upsets her to make her think about her life how it was before.

Everyone is different mate my missis sister was a nanny for a family in Boston for a year, same sort of thing where she was on top of the world for a few weeks, no home sickness the family she was with were decent but until she had her first disagreement witht the family or the kid started playing up and she was having a bad day, until she got ill and missed her mum she only ever thought about herself and her new life. Bad as it sounds you may have to wait for that sort of situation, where she feels she needs you, she hasn't currently because you arent an option being so far away.

Are you still planning on visiting?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:10 am

That's what I'm thinking as well, which is why I don't want her to throw it all away. I'm fine with us doing our own thing and staying together. If she needs me I'll be there, just take her time before she makes a decision. I'm still keen to go over there but obviously we'll play it by ear.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:49 am

You need to keep the plan to visit. Shows you commitment. If Bambi says don't then you know to move on.
    And maybe tell her some of what you've told us?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:01 pm

HS - My 2c.

Its tough. She's going through a whole new experience and its probably very new and exciting and its probably all go-go-go.

Your life hasn't changed much except that she's not there anymore.
    Her life has changed completely and it will be overwhelming whichever way.

The hardest thing to do is potentially what you need to do here. Wait. Give it time and be patient and compassionate to yourself.

I'm sorry to say that how you are describing the situation sounds a lot like when my ex and I broke up. I wasn't able to give her the space she was asking for. She tried to put space between us and I kept trying to reduce that space as much as I could and that was what pushed her away in the end.

Even now we're catching up more often again and I fear I am messaging her too much, not giving her enough space.

If you love her, don't give up.

but seriously everything you have written, I could've written almost every word myself in March. Sad

Really hope it all works out for you, mate. Look after yourself.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:35 pm

I really appreciate the thoughts lads. Filth that helps me a lot. Really does. I'm not going to give up. I just want to have a talk to her and basically say this "go do your thing, experience America like you really want to. Talk to me whenever you have free time and don't stress about us right now. I'll do my thing and we'll catch up when I'm over there. If we really love each other we'll be together through of all this. Let's not give up"
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:56 am

filthridden wrote:I wasn't able to give her the space she was asking for. She tried to put space between us and I kept trying to reduce that space as much as I could and that was what pushed her away in the end.

Been through this exact thing.. it's a hard thing to do (give someone else space) when you're really invested in the person and relationship.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 pm