NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    TV thread 2

    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    TV thread 2 Empty TV thread 2

    Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:02 am


    Old TV thread seems to have disappeared. What is everyone watching these days

    Mrs Cow and I watching
    Only Murders in the Building (nice easy watch)
    Ms Marvel (aimed at a slightly younger audience than most MCU, but Mrs Cow is enjoying it and we watch with the calf)
    Stranger Things (we haven't finished it yet, still slowly making our way through)
    I thought Obi Wan was good enough few strange plot decisions but overall I enjoyed i

    Haven't started new Westworld yet. The last season sort of lost me a bit, so will need to get a good recap in before jumping back in.

    Also working through the MCU with the calf. Not watching every movie but we're up to watching Endgame at some point over the next couple of days

    Anything else good out at the moment?
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 2250
    Reputation : 1652
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Shaky Town

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Moanaman Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:54 pm

    Milchcow wrote:
    Westworld

    Epic, fucking epic!

    Well worth watching S03 before you start on the current season
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 16183
    Reputation : 9283
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by filthridden Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:00 pm

    Milchcow wrote:
    Old TV thread seems to have disappeared. What is everyone watching these days

    Mrs Cow and I watching
    Only Murders in the Building (nice easy watch)
    Ms Marvel (aimed at a slightly younger audience than most MCU, but Mrs Cow is enjoying it and we watch with the calf)
    Stranger Things (we haven't finished it yet, still slowly making our way through)
    I thought Obi Wan was good enough few strange plot decisions but overall I enjoyed i

    Haven't started new Westworld yet. The last season sort of lost me a bit, so will need to get a good recap in before jumping back in.

    Also working through the MCU with the calf. Not watching every movie but we're up to watching Endgame at some point over the next couple of days

    Anything else good out at the moment?

    The Boys - obviously
    The Orville - really lifting the bar this season. Thoroughly impressed. Less family-guy wisecracks and more social commentary

    Watched Severance about a month ago, really enjoyed that and look forward to the next season.

    New season of Westworld seems to be starting on a better note than last season and it's intriguing. Enjoying it so far.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:04 pm


    I am fully up to date with the Boys. Its great, probably my favourite show that's on at the moment.
    Just started reading the comics too, and not that far into it, but so far I think the TV show changes have been for the better

    Watch it without the Mrs and not really her cup of tea
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 2250
    Reputation : 1652
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Shaky Town

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Moanaman Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:45 pm

    I've never watched The Boys, is it worth the hype?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:08 pm

    Moanaman wrote:I've never watched The Boys, is it worth the hype?

    May as well test it out. If you don't like the first episode or 2, the rest is very similar in style so no point continuing

    Basic premise is what if the Justice League was run by a corporate PR machine, and the heroes cared more about their own ego than in helping other people.
    "The Boys" are the people who would try to keep them in line. Its extremely graphic, plenty of sex and people being dismembered - which can be a positive or a negative, depending on what you are after in a show.

    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12828
    Reputation : 5786
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:06 pm

    How did the old TV thread just disappear? Was it a test ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12828
    Reputation : 5786
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:14 pm

    The last season of Westworld completely lost me and the Mrs also. After absolutely loving the series.

    Obiwan is awesome, feels like star wars on the money. Never to old to enjoy some far reaching Sci fi, it's done so well.

    Like Filth said, the surprise packet out of the blue is Severance. Top notch. Can't wait for more.

    Anything dc or comics I can't handle. Can't imagine I'd like The Boys.

    Stranger Things latest season was good, a real escapist series, let go and watch it, awesome.

    Going to fire up Tokyo Vice soon, looks very good 👍


    Last edited by Revraiser on Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 21842
    Reputation : 12593
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by my tv broke Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:55 pm

    Watched The Night Manager recently which was entertaining.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 2250
    Reputation : 1652
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Shaky Town

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Moanaman Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:05 am

    Milchcow wrote:

    Its extremely graphic, plenty of sex and people being dismembered - which can be a positive or a negative, depending on what you are after in a show.


    Sex and Violence? Count me in!
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

    Posts : 2250
    Reputation : 1652
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Shaky Town

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Moanaman Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:08 am

    I can highly recommend Warrior if you like a bit of Martial Arts action

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5743796/

    based of a short story by Bruce Lee
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 16183
    Reputation : 9283
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by filthridden Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:13 pm

    filth's left-field from the past however-many-years:

    Waco - awesome mini-series about the Waco tragedy. Well written, brilliantly acted, especially Taylor Kitsch in the lead role.

    Arcane - I hate League of Legends/World of Warcraft but for some reason I gave this a shot.
    Well rounded and much better than I ever could have expected. Hoping they do many more series.

    Haunting of Hill House/Haunting of Bly Manor - Mike Flanagan has taken the horror genre to the next level. Builds characters so well and gives you all the different kinds of scares. Midnight Mass was good too but not at the level these two were.

    Peacemaker - Another one that was a real surprise. I did not expect so many laugh out loud moments or great scenes. John Cena's comic timing is on point. Who knew.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 16183
    Reputation : 9283
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by filthridden Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:03 pm

    New Resident Evil TV show is horseshit. Don't bother.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12828
    Reputation : 5786
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Revraiser Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:08 pm

    The Responder with Martin Freeman, very good, short 6 episodes, easy kill.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 16183
    Reputation : 9283
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by filthridden Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:37 pm

    Day 3 of covid iso and in need of some new TV binges if anyone has some recommendations.

    Currently on rewatching comfort shows: Hill House and probably Arcane or something light after that.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:55 pm


    I've started reading the Boys comic. It's amazing how toned down the show is compared to the original material.
    Certain people would call it woke bullshit by comparison, but it's much more watchable the way they've made it.

    Don't watch heaps of TV to recommend stuff. Recently we watched Ms Marvel, Kenobi and stranger things. Currently watching westworld, only murders in the building
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 20617
    Reputation : 12582
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 am


    Just like to say Westworld season 4 is back to being good again. If you enjoyed season 1 but thought season 2+3 lost their way a bit, season 4 is back to form.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 9517
    Reputation : 5828
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by No Worries Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:51 am

    Milchcow wrote:
    I've started reading the Boys comic. It's amazing how toned down the show is compared to the original material.
    Certain people would call it woke bullshit by comparison, but it's much more watchable the way they've made it.

    Don't watch heaps of TV to recommend stuff. Recently we watched Ms Marvel, Kenobi and stranger things. Currently watching westworld, only murders in the building

    Just finished Stranger things - recommend, Kenobi was great. Ms Marvel was worse than terrible, can't believe they are talking about the character appearing in MC Universe movies. Half way through season 2 of After Life, dark but funny at the same time
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 16183
    Reputation : 9283
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by filthridden Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:32 am

    No Worries wrote:

    Just finished Stranger things - recommend, Kenobi was great. Ms Marvel was worse than terrible, can't believe they are talking about the character appearing in MC Universe movies. Half way through season 2 of After Life, dark but funny at the same time

    I finished Ms Marvel. Definitely think it was aimed more at the kids/teenagers. I didn't find it particularly engaging.

    Kenobi I struggled with. I just didn't give a shit about any of the characters, thought the acting outside of the main cast was terrible (Flea's cameo - where's the puke emoji?) and the dialogue and decisions characters were making were just silly at times.

    Managed to finish it through just wanting to see how they tied it up so could've been worse!

    Watching Paper Girls which amazon seems to be marketing as their 'stranger things'.
    Again, I'm not the target audience here so take with a pinch of salt but it's a pile of horseshit.
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 2963
    Reputation : 2946
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    TV thread 2 Empty Re: TV thread 2

    Post by easytiger Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:06 pm

    filthridden wrote:

    I finished Ms Marvel. Definitely think it was aimed more at the kids/teenagers. I didn't find it particularly engaging.

    Kenobi I struggled with. I just didn't give a shit about any of the characters, thought the acting outside of the main cast was terrible (Flea's cameo - where's the puke emoji?) and the dialogue and decisions characters were making were just silly at times.

    Managed to finish it through just wanting to see how they tied it up so could've been worse!

    Watching Paper Girls which amazon seems to be marketing as their 'stranger things'.
    Again, I'm not the target audience here so take with a pinch of salt but it's a pile of horseshit.

    I thought Kenobi was okay but not much more than that - I'd love to see someone take the star wars universe backdrop and make it darker - less glossy/more grimy

    I also finally watched Arcane in the last month or so - I'm not into the games, and not particularly drawn to animation - but I thought it was pretty enjoyable, escapist.

    Need to start on something new, thinking I might watch Money Heist

      Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:31 pm