NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

filthridden
    filthridden

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by filthridden Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:54 am

Honeysett wrote:

Yeah that's it mate, I think being made redundant has been great as well. Gives me time to get life sorted how I want now. Had a few roles come my way that I can have a look at and see where I want to go. No massage yet, my favourite old Asian lady is on holiday so no go.

@welshy key word there was person Razz

@code_delta did you mean why is she over there? She's doing Au Pair work as a chance to live in the States for a year while being paid and gets to study at a university over there as well which helps her course. She's currently studying, political science, law and security and counter terrorism.

Yeah I remember when I first moved to Aus and my partner at the time split with me within a month (I think?). The light in the dark then was that having not gotten a job yet, I had a lot of time to figure out what I wanted to do. Turned out to be one of the happiest years of my life, probably along with last year.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 pm

filthridden wrote:

Yeah I remember when I first moved to Aus and my partner at the time split with me within a month (I think?). The light in the dark then was that having not gotten a job yet, I had a lot of time to figure out what I wanted to do. Turned out to be one of the happiest years of my life, probably along with last year.

By far some of the happiest years ive had were single. But that's mostly because im selfish. But even then the grass was greener... Was always wanting a GF. Have had one for a few years now, still happy, but god I miss being single.

I've found that the source of happiness was just progressing, little goals, little achievements etc and keeping it real. Nothing is more miserable than stagnation.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Fortitude wrote:

By far some of the happiest years ive had were single. But that's mostly because im selfish. But even then the grass was greener... Was always wanting a GF. Have had one for a few years now, still happy, but god I miss being single.

I've found that the source of happiness was just progressing, little goals, little achievements etc and keeping it real. Nothing is more miserable than stagnation.

Until this relationship I've been actually been happy in a relationship. So I was quite happy to not have one. Throughout my best looking years 16-23 I was single for all but 4 months so I had all my fun there and got that out of my system really. Anonymous sex has no interest to me as a result so for that part of it I don't wish to be single. I've never actually wanted a girlfriend, except when I have man flu and want someone to look after me while I fight off the forecoming death. Bambi changed that for me though, which is pretty cool. I always thought I was really happy with how my life was but it's only gotten happier, way more laughter and fun than I had - which was already a great amount.

What is it that you miss about being single?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Until this relationship I've been actually been happy in a relationship. So I was quite happy to not have one. Throughout my best looking years 16-23 I was single for all but 4 months so I had all my fun there and got that out of my system really. Anonymous sex has no interest to me as a result so for that part of it I don't wish to be single. I've never actually wanted a girlfriend, except when I have man flu and want someone to look after me while I fight off the forecoming death. Bambi changed that for me though, which is pretty cool. I always thought I was really happy with how my life was but it's only gotten happier, way more laughter and fun than I had - which was already a great amount.

What is it that you miss about being single?

Guilt free selfishness is probably the easiest way to describe it.

Not having to think about how my actions would hurt someone else. Not that I’m a jerk, doing horrible stuff. But I enjoy my time alone, fishing golfing etc my gf loves that I do these things, but doesn’t understand why I want to do them alone. So my actions hurt her.

Plus I don’t do the communicating thing well.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Not having to think about how my actions would hurt someone else. Not that I’m a jerk, doing horrible stuff. But I enjoy my time alone, fishing golfing etc my gf loves that I do these things, but doesn’t understand why I want to do them alone. So my actions hurt her.

Plus I don’t do the communicating thing well.
    You are me.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Last night I tried to overdose myself on sleeping tablets because I didn’t want to ever wake up. Luckily I did. My best mate came and got me and took me to get help. I’m on a mental health plan and I see a psychologist tomorrow.

My problem was I never spoke to anyone i don’t know why I didn’t maybe I was embarrassed or too proud thinking it was weak to ask for help. It’s not weak it’s never too late to talk to someone.. anyone. More people are willing to help than you realise
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Last night I tried to overdose myself on sleeping tablets because I didn’t want to ever wake up. Luckily I did. My best mate came and got me and took me to get help. I’m on a mental health plan and I see a psychologist tomorrow.

My problem was I never spoke to anyone i don’t know why I didn’t maybe I was embarrassed or too proud thinking it was weak to ask for help. It’s not weak it’s never too late to talk to someone.. anyone. More people are willing to help than you realise
    Fuck me mate!!!

Hope everything is okay fella and sounds like you are now getting the help you need!! Never weak talking to someone, ever! I've done it and best thing I ever did, helped me massively with my anger problems!

Just sort yourself out and talk to someone, anyone!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Last night I tried to overdose myself on sleeping tablets because I didn’t want to ever wake up. Luckily I did. My best mate came and got me and took me to get help. I’m on a mental health plan and I see a psychologist tomorrow.

Geez, fishes I am so, so sorry you are feeling that way.
    I am really glad you are getting some professional help and talking to your mate about it.

Talking to someone can be a scary prospect until you actually do it. It can seem emasculating until you do it and realise that it's not.

Doesn't make you weak and you're dead right, it's never too late.

All the best mate, thanks for letting us know. Keep us in the loop of how you're going if you're OK with that.

Also I know it might not mean much but I hope you know you are one of the more valued members of this little community that we all love so much! <3
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Mate there is help and there is a way out of the darkness. I've been there and its taken a while but now I'm feeling ok. Somedays are even quite good.

Do what ever it takes. Counseling, medication, whatever... it is worth it.

Hopefully today you've woken up and realised a lot of people would miss you.

I always enjoy your humour on here, plus your game insights.

You're one of the good guys fish.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:50 am

Fortitude wrote:

Good way to put it. I'm a guilt free selfishness lover myself.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:54 am

Thank fuck you're ok mate. Hopefully it turns out to be for the best and you can get whatever help you need. Remember that nobody knows what tomorrow might bring, it could very well be the best day of your life!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 am

Krump wrote:
    Good way to put it. I'm a guilt free selfishness lover myself.

Best description of masturbation I've ever heard.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:39 am

How on earth did I not notice that writing it Rolling Laugh
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:53 am

Didn't check this thread yesterday, But MF I am glad you are still around and getting help.

Hope things turn around for you
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Krump wrote:How on earth did I not notice that writing it Rolling Laugh
    I'm nominating myself for funniest post of the year. Is that allowed ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Go right ahead.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 pm

I'm glad you were found and have taken the first of many steps to get help.

I know when I decided to go and see someone it took seeing someone brave enough to do something for me to realise it's okay to do it myself. I'm sure you asking for help will probably inspire others to do the same. For me it took one of my friends to call for help and check into a facility because she wanted to drive under an oncoming truck on the way to work and at the last moment realised that she'd be missing a lot if she did, for me to take the step of asking for help myself.

One thing I felt wasn't so much that it was "weak", but more that I was worried about being judged. The more I look back now, I realise how little people judged like I was worried they would, I think in 2018 everyone has their own story that they maybe even no-one else knows about because they keep it bottled up, or are aware of similar stories of friends and family, so they don't judge anymore.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:48 pm

I can’t thank you all enough! The responses and the outreaches have been overwhelming! Thank you all I love this place
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 pm

jees MF I don't know what to say. Thank fuck for your friend.
    If you had a broken arm would you do nothing about it? You'd reach out for help. Broken mind is so individual and it's seems like you've eventually reached out for help. That's way better than the option that leaves you with no option.
    So take some time out to listen to this. It's 43 years old. From an album called Fish Rising and the song is Salmon Song.
    All very fishy but it might distract you for 8 minutes. Last 3 minutes are worth it, maybe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Ucv7ee-6o
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:16 pm

code delta wrote:jees MF I don't know what to say. Thank fuck for your friend.
    If you had a broken arm would you do nothing about it? You'd reach out for help. Broken mind is so individual and it's seems like you've eventually reached out for help. That's way better than the option that leaves you with no option.
    So take some time out to listen to this. It's 43 years old. From an album called Fish Rising and the song is Salmon Song.
    All very fishy but it might distract you for 8 minutes. Last 3 minutes are worth it, maybe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Ucv7ee-6o

That was pretty awesome!

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 am