NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by No Worries Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:15 am

Cheers mate. I'll have a beer for you to celebrate.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:42 pm

Nice work mate. Sounds like it's going really well.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks guys. Couldn't of done it without all the support here, I mean it too.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:10 pm

So have you told her about your addiction yet?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm

SI wrote:So have you told her about your addiction yet?
    No need to tell her about NRL Fantasy in the early stages of a relationship. Best to keep that addiction on the down low for several years until she suspects you are cheating on her when you go missing for periods at a time spending countless hours on your phone/laptop. Then when she confronts you about it you come clean about your addiction. The following year she creates an NRL Fantasy team to see what all the fuss is about and ends up beating you in the overall rankings despite having minimal rugby league knowledge. She mocks you constantly for this. She soon becomes an NRL Fantasy addict herself and you find yourselves constantly discussing the game, different players, teams, tactics and what not on a daily basis. This improves your communication and helps build your already solid foundation in the relationship. This continues on for the next few years until you finally decide to man up and pop the question. She says yes. You get married, go on your honeymoon and get down to business. In 9 months time you have yourselves a baby boy and future NRL Fantasy Fanatic. Over the next 30-40 years your family builds a great bond creating several family traditions involving the yearly NRL Fantasy Fanatics H2H competition where lots of love, laughter and at times tears are shed. On your death bed your son approaches your bedside, sits down and whispers something in your ear. You slowly drift off into the next life leaving behind an everlasting NRL Fantasy legacy.

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Moose wrote:
    No need to tell her about NRL Fantasy in the early stages of a relationship. Best to keep that addiction on the down low for several years until she suspects you are cheating on her when you go missing for periods at a time spending countless hours on your phone/laptop. Then when she confronts you about it you come clean about your addiction. The following year she creates an NRL Fantasy team to see what all the fuss is about and ends up beating you in the overall rankings despite having minimal rugby league knowledge. She mocks you constantly for this. She soon becomes an NRL Fantasy addict herself and you find yourselves constantly discussing the game, different players, teams, tactics and what not on a daily basis. This improves your communication and helps build your already solid foundation in the relationship. This continues on for the next few years until you finally decide to man up and pop the question. She says yes. You get married, go on your honeymoon and get down to business. In 9 months time you have yourselves a baby boy and future NRL Fantasy Fanatic. Over the next 30-40 years your family builds a great bond creating several family traditions involving the yearly NRL Fantasy Fanatics H2H competition where lots of love, laughter and at times tears are shed. On your death bed your son approaches your bedside, sits down and whispers something in your ear. You slowly drift off into the next life leaving behind an everlasting NRL Fantasy legacy.

Quality post. Will remember this for Post of the year...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Finch wrote:
    Moose wrote:

Quality post. Will remember this for Post of the year...

Agreed, started off as if a punch line was coming, but then BAM, right in the feels.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:55 am

Finchy, I am pretty sure you are me 10 years ago hahaha.

Hope it all goes well for you but like the others have said you can't keep worrying about what's going to happen when it may not. Don't overanalyse everything, just enjoy things for what they are in the moment.

Sounds like you have anxiety and/or self esteem issues mate and from what I know of you on here, you got no reason to have them.

Don't take this the wrong way but have you ever thought about seeing a therapist about it?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:00 am

I was sure he was gong to whisper something like "you got Scott Minto in the draft"
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:13 pm

So to update you all, got offered the role that I wanted.

Currently going over perks and pay and working out when I can transfer from my current job to there.

Really excited about the move and especially the extra $20k (hopefully) per year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Honeysett wrote:So to update you all, got offered the role that I wanted.

Currently going over perks and pay and working out when I can transfer from my current job to there.

Really excited about the move and especially the extra $20k (hopefully) per year.

Nice work mate. Did you have to pull out all stops in the interview and show them you hands?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Interviewer: What's your biggest flaw
    HS: I'm too honest
    Interviewer: That's not a flaw
    HS: I don't give a fuck what you think.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:27 pm

No Worries wrote:

Interviewer: What's your biggest flaw
    HS: I'm too honest
    Interviewer: That's not a flaw
    HS: I don't give a fuck what you think.

Haha.

Or

Interviewer: Tell us a little about yourself and the type of person you are.
    HS: I'd rather not - I really want to get this job.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Mate its your year!

New job, somebody to cuddle and the knights playing well. Doesn't get better!!!
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Dip wrote:
    Interviewer: Tell us a little about yourself and the type of person you are.
    HS: I'd rather not - I really want to get this job.

Rolling Laugh
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:46 pm

@SI hands were moisturised and on full display as per the daily routine.  

@pain yeah mate everything running really well. Hit our 6th month anniversary today actually so that’s a big milestone for me considering my past. Really genuinely happy as well.

To the rest. I don’t think I’ve laughed like that in public off my phone in a good long while.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 pm

No Worries wrote: "you got Scott Minto in the draft"

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 18 D6e96710

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Honeysett wrote:@SI hands were moisturised and on full display as per the daily routine.  

@pain yeah mate everything running really well. Hit our 6th month anniversary today actually so that’s a big milestone for me considering my past. Really genuinely happy as well.

To the rest. I don’t think I’ve laughed like that in public off my phone in a good long while.

Well done mate. Glad things are going well for you!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Anyone watching the Comm games opening ceremony?

Disappointed with their performance depicting the Gold Coast.
    Not nearly enough kiwis and needs some NRL players on coke.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Welsh the only team who look like they're here to party based on their uniforms.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:20 am