NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Krump
    Krump

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Not Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Krump Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Chin up Finchy. No point thinking tomorrows plans won't happen until tomorrow.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Don't stress mate. These things happen.

I don't mean this in a negative sounding way but don't act too emotional when something doesn't go your way every time. Just roll with the punches. There's heaps of variables, she got have her period and think it's going to finish tomorrow instead of today. I wouldn't stress too much mate
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Yeah it is what it is. I believe the reason she told me, I just hate it when people change their minds/lie. I'm probably the most straight up person (Despite the shit I talk in the Fantasy thread) and if I tell someone I'm doing something, I'm doing it, no matter how big or small.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Do you want to dste an extension of yourself or someone who's different that shares similar qualities?

What you hold valuable makes you, you however that doesn't have to define everyone either.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Messaged me earlier said she might actually be free tonight.... Meeting her in an hour....
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Finchy, I understand what you are going through as it was pretty much exactly what I did when I was single, had no social confidence at all. But she is obviously interested, so good luck and hope everything goes smoothly for you.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Just to update you all.

I've decided to jump ship. Had the first interview today and onto the second interview next week.

I applied on Thursday. Had the phone interview on Friday. Had the sit down face to face today so the speed at what they're doing it gives me great confidence
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:57 pm

So just told her. Basically said "We need to talk" in not so many words. She first said can we talk tomorrow, I told her anyway lol. Mentioned how I felt, I've enjoyed spending time with her, we have a few things in common etc. Then she said we can chat more tomorrow. I said only if you want to see me again I completely understand if you dont, she said we can chat more tomorrow. So I'm assuming she still wants to see me, I told her it was up2 her based on what I just said. I Gave two kisses on the cheek, that's it. I asked her if she had any questions or anything, just again said we can chat more tomorrow. She did smile a bit, I guess if she didn't feel the same she would of hopefully just told me there and then rather than giving me hope, well that's how I'm thinking anyway. *Shrug*

So F'n nervous I sounded like a 5 year old apologising for breaking ya sisters toys. Felt so scrambled, despite me rehearsing it in my head all night while we were hanging out haha.

Everyone said she was keen, Idk I kind of got that vibe, but kind of not. I guess it's normal to think wow ok what do I do here, but I kind of felt like she thought oh no, who knows maybe she has been hurt in the past, guess I'll find out in the future, or maybe not lol.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Appreciated so much..

Now where did I leave my spade so I can keep digging in that hole I made an hour ago?

Last edited by Finch on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:36 am; edited 4 times in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Honeysett wrote:Just to update you all.

I've decided to jump ship. Had the first interview today and onto the second interview next week.

I applied on Thursday. Had the phone interview on Friday. Had the sit down face to face today so the speed at what they're doing it gives me great confidence

Good for you HS. Got to do what you feel is best, should have the job by the end of the week.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:20 am

The Not Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 17 Images10
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:36 am

Honeysett wrote:Yep she's keen mate.

My advice is say something like "it's been amazing hanging out with you" and when she smiles or shows any more physical interest I'd be making a move mate.

The key thing is to get out of your head. Just let it run its course. Confidence is key.

Lets revisit this advice.
    And if it doesn't lead to what you seem to want, be thankful to find a new friend with the same interests. :ThumbsUp:
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:57 am

Let's hope it works out for you mate but even if it doesn't it's not the end of the world. Learn from it. The key thing is confidence, if you don't have any fake it until you do. Find confidence in the things you do well, in the values that you hold and the things you think well of yourself. Confidence doesn't need to mean fake macho bravado. It can be as simple as picking her up and knowing where you're taking her for dinner "hey, let's go for something to eat. There's a place that sells blah blah that we should try" is far more "sexy" than fumbling around asking where she wants to go and stuff. It puts you in control of the situation and you can be at ease because you're the one dictating what's happening.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 am

Finch wrote:So just told her. Basically said "We need to talk" in not so many words. She first said can we talk tomorrow, I told her anyway lol. Mentioned how I felt, I've enjoyed spending time with her, we have a few things in common etc. Then she said we can chat more tomorrow. I said only if you want to see me again I completely understand if you dont, she said we can chat more tomorrow. So I'm assuming she still wants to see me, I told her it was up2 her based on what I just said. I Gave two kisses on the cheek, that's it. I asked her if she had any questions or anything, just again said we can chat more tomorrow. She did smile a bit, I guess if she didn't feel the same she would of hopefully just told me there and then rather than giving me hope, well that's how I'm thinking anyway. *Shrug*

So F'n nervous I sounded like a 5 year old apologising for breaking ya sisters toys. Felt so scrambled, despite me rehearsing it in my head all night while we were hanging out haha.

Everyone said she was keen, Idk I kind of got that vibe, but kind of not. I guess it's normal to think wow ok what do I do here, but I kind of felt like she thought oh no, who knows maybe she has been hurt in the past, guess I'll find out in the future, or maybe not lol.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Appreciated so much..

Now where did I leave my spade so I can keep digging in that hole I made an hour ago?

Sounds like she's a good egg with morals and needs to get rid of her current boyfriend before she upgrades.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:44 pm

Hmm IDK. Just spent a good few hours together, which she initiated. Just walking/exploring etc. She didn't make any moves, I didn't either, but she didn't mention anything about what I said last night. Did talk about plans over the Easter break, and sounds like she wants to do something out of town/go away/explore/travel etc.

I don't know, maybe she just wants to spend more time together before she "accepts me" and for us to be together, more time to trust each other etc if that's the right description??

Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:13 pm

We have organised to meet up tonight.

I don't understand this.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:24 am

Any updates?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:27 am

Pain wrote:Any updates?

They've only kissed mate, bit early for that sort of shenanigans...
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:29 am

Should organize a date with Random. See if she can tell the difference.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:26 am

Pain wrote:Any updates?

Yes. So Thursday night we hung out, talked etc. We were in her car and I just thought "Bugger it, I'll put my arm around her and see what happens, I'll know either way this way" Did it, asked her if that was ok, said yes, time went by snuggled, more time went by, snuggled more. Kissed etc. Just hung out snuggling, holding her, kissing, touching, as you do. Asked her again if she was happy and if it was ok, said yes and just snuggled more. Apparently I'm really warm.

Hung out again last night, basically the same thing. Talked more, found out she was left heartbroken 18 months ago, so I think I'm the first guy she has been with since. From what she was saying and the way I understood it, I think she is worried about the same thing happening again, which is understandable, so the trust will come overtime and she said that. She wants to take things slow for now, i'm the type of guy who likes to take things slow anyway, so this suits me fine. Just want her to be happy and feel safe, and she said she is Smile

So yeah that's where we are now....

Just got to keep doing what I'm doing I guess and support her where possible?
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 am

Finch wrote:

Yes. So Thursday night we hung out, talked etc. We were in her car and I just thought "Bugger it, I'll put my arm around her and see what happens, I'll know either way this way" Did it, asked her if that was ok, said yes, time went by snuggled, more time went by, snuggled more. Kissed etc. Just hung out snuggling, holding her, kissing, touching, as you do. Asked her again if she was happy and if it was ok, said yes and just snuggled more. Apparently I'm really warm.

Hung out again last night, basically the same thing. Talked more, found out she was left heartbroken 18 months ago, so I think I'm the first guy she has been with since. From what she was saying and the way I understood it, I think she is worried about the same thing happening again, which is understandable, so the trust will come overtime and she said that. She wants to take things slow for now, i'm the type of guy who likes to take things slow anyway, so this suits me fine. Just want her to be happy and feel safe, and she said she is Smile

So yeah that's where we are now....

Just got to keep doing what I'm doing I guess and support her where possible?

Awesome mate. I think opening up the honesty in a relationship is a great start.

Sounds like you've found someone with similar interests and enjoy spending time with. Apparently she likes you too, nice.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:48 pm