NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs - Page 3 Empty Re: 2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 02, 2023 10:40 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Tino to JDB?

Tino not setting the world alight will play origin, and JDB is an extra 13 and base statting 80 mins a week
    Hey man, yeah definitely considering this one. 
    Plenty of time to ponder between now and Friday kick offs.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 09, 2023 11:06 pm

Week 11 Team - Rank 2032

Boyd
    Carrigan, Tino, Horse
    Preston, Loiero
    Hynes, Cleary
    Manu, Alamoti
    Miller, Teddy, Perham

SJ, Cheese, Sele, Bula
    Ford, JMK, Lemmy, Niko

Dolphins bye has caused a little bit of havoc but even with Fords injury on top I can still put out a somewhat competitive 17 so that’s nice. Sele, Bula and Alamoti aren’t ideal plays but they can do a job this week I hope.

Alamoti was always going to be the cover for this week and then a trade out for VTW in Week 12 if he’s named again.

Have managed to save 4 trades over the last couple of weeks so could trade my way to a better team but there aren’t any cheapies I particularly like. Oloapu on bench again, VTW on the bye. So maybe best to save more trades and wait it out.

Any thoughts please fire them through? Bank is currently at $163k
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 09, 2023 11:35 pm

Looks good mate, nothing wrong in waiting

The safe bet is to play Alamoti with JAC back, still might myself
    Bula is safe as everyone is playing and Sele isn't terrible though can't comment on how he scores as tried to avoid that minutes/role headache myself

Anyways all the best this week and have fun with the bye planner haha
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 10, 2023 2:28 pm

I think I'd spend that bank on upgrading Ford, with a view to Alamoti to Te Whare next week.

I like Ford -> Bird or Tohu personally.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 10, 2023 5:22 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I think I'd spend that bank on upgrading Ford, with a view to Alamoti to Te Whare next week.

I like Ford -> Bird or Tohu personally.
    Getting Bird gives me the option of looping two of and playing the other from Alamoti/Sele/Bula.

Should we be worried about Birds lower minutes last week, not sure he is worth the spend if he’s playing 50-55 minutes
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Getting Bird gives me the option of looping two of and playing the other from Alamoti/Sele/Bula.

Should we be worried about Birds lower minutes last week, not sure he is worth the spend if he’s playing 50-55 minutes

I don't own him, but wouldn't be too worried, still reckon he can pump out somewhere near 1PPM in 50-60 mins at lock.

I do prefer Tohu out of those two options though.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 10, 2023 7:00 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

I don't own him, but wouldn't be too worried, still reckon he can pump out somewhere near 1PPM in 50-60 mins at lock.

I do prefer Tohu out of those two options though.
    Yeah at the moment I have brought in Tohu. Still not overly keen on getting a guy who has a bye next week but hopefully it gives him a chance to rehab the knee before firing into Round 13
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu May 11, 2023 7:05 pm

If you don’t want Tohu have you looked at getting back Hopgood mate? I’m bringing him in plays all major bye rounds and has the valuable DPP. Oh actually fuck you might just be short of that in one trade. 

My gut tells me Te Whare is a trap but time will tell. 

Well done on sticking to the process mate you’ve flown up the ranks it shows it can change quickly with smart moves.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 12, 2023 12:47 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:If you don’t want Tohu have you looked at getting back Hopgood mate? I’m bringing him in plays all major bye rounds and has the valuable DPP. Oh actually fuck you might just be short of that in one trade. 

My gut tells me Te Whare is a trap but time will tell. 

Well done on sticking to the process mate you’ve flown up the ranks it shows it can change quickly with smart moves.
    Hey man, yeah if I had the money I’d be all over Hopgood but just a bit short and not sure if it’s worth a second trade just to get him in.

Don’t actually have anyone I’m happy to downgrade to even get the cash except for Nikorima
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 18, 2023 5:37 pm

Right I have absolutely no bloody idea how to proceed this week. After my first rank drop in a month I’m keen to get them back and some.
    All week I’ve been keen on various ways of getting Oloapu and Edwards into my team but realistically that’s something that can wait till after the bye.

Should really prioritise a couple of Round 13 players or maybe just go for Oloapu + gun.

Team is lining up like this with 19 trades and 4K in the bank

JMK
    Tino, Carrigan, Horse
    Preston, Loiero
    Hynes, Cleary
    Bird, Lemmy
    Teddy, Miller, Perham

Boyd, Cheese, Sele, Bula
    Niko, Alamoti, SJ, Manu

My ideal trade will probably be something like Tino/Alamoti to Tapine/Oloapu. Gets a good Round 13 player and a fairly solid cow which has benefits from Round 14 onwards.

An alternative is to get Tatola and really put 380k away to attack the bye round next week.

Any thoughts guys?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 18, 2023 6:07 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Right I have absolutely no bloody idea how to proceed this week. After my first rank drop in a month I’m keen to get them back and some.
    All week I’ve been keen on various ways of getting Oloapu and Edwards into my team but realistically that’s something that can wait till after the bye.

Should really prioritise a couple of Round 13 players or maybe just go for Oloapu + gun.

Team is lining up like this with 19 trades and 4K in the bank

JMK
    Tino, Carrigan, Horse
    Preston, Loiero
    Hynes, Cleary
    Bird, Lemmy
    Teddy, Miller, Perham

Boyd, Cheese, Sele, Bula
    Niko, Alamoti, SJ, Manu

My ideal trade will probably be something like Tino/Alamoti to Tapine/Oloapu. Gets a good Round 13 player and a fairly solid cow which has benefits from Round 14 onwards.

An alternative is to get Tatola and really put 380k away to attack the bye round next week.

Any thoughts guys?

I'm not sure you really need to trade at all this week, although you can probably afford to with 19 left and your proposed trades look perfectly solid.

However, Tino with a mid-40s BE isn't going anywhere price-wise, Alamoti you can probably get one more price-rise out of, and Loiero/Boyd et al who are close to peaking can have one more week too.

At the moment your R13 team is looking like:

JMK
    Horse Sele x
    x x
    SJ Niko
    Bird Lemuelu
    Miller x x

So I guess targeting 2 edges and a mid next week, although if you get Burbo could stick him at edge and target Walsh at WFB instead.

My 2C: If I were you I think I'd probably hold this week, then next week you can do something like Alamoti, Boyd, Loiero, Tino -> Burbo + 3 R13 guns (your pick of Tohu/Tapine/Hopgood/Matto/Young/Walsh et al), then Kodi -> Oloapu in R14.

That way you have clarity on who's playing Origin and can get a free look at Burbo. I also think I prefer Tohu to Tapine long term, so waiting a week means you can get him instead. I like Tatola but think having both him and Sele is overkill, and you should be able to bank enough cash from a Alamoti -> Burbo cashdown to facilitate the other upgrades anyway.

Not sure there will be much material difference between Tapine and Tino's scoring this week, and Oloapu is gonna be in your emg's anyway, so you're not exactly damaging your scoring this week by holding.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 19, 2023 7:01 pm

Sorry mate, only just got back to replying. Thanks for the write up and they are all pretty solid points, have had a rethink and probably going to hold trades and see what next week throws up. 

Alamoti to Oloapu will be pretty tempting this week but in no rush till Sunday haha
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Sun May 21, 2023 6:00 pm

I don't get them all right, but hope you ended up holding Tino haha

You'd be killing it this week with Carrigan and Tino.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun May 21, 2023 8:44 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I don't get them all right, but hope you ended up holding Tino haha

You'd be killing it this week with Carrigan and Tino.
    Haha I am forever in your debt mate 🤣

My origin players all went berserk this week.

Cleary - 106
    Hynes - 82
    Tino - 77
    Carrigan - 97
    Teddy - 84
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 22, 2023 7:21 pm

Round 12: 1036

Another good round for the lads highlighted by some huge performances from my 5 Origin bound lads. Including Hynes’ captain score they accounted for just over 50% of my teams score, simply outrageous.

With the first big bye upon us I’m staring at an empty bank but 19 trades heading into this one which should put me in a nice position to attack the Origin period. Team is in a pretty good spot after Origin selections so hopefully TLT provides me with some trade answers.

Team for this week, bye players in red.

JMK
    Carrigan, Tino, Horse
    Preston, Loiero
    Hynes, Cleary
    Bird, Lemmy
    Miller, Teddy, Perham

SJ, Boyd, Cheese, Sele
    Bula, Manu, Niko, Alamoti

Few candidates to trade out this week, but hoping to keep the Origin stars after such big performances
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 23, 2023 9:24 pm

Well TLT wasn’t as good as I was hoping it would be and mainly that’s due to my team setup. I’m not overly keen on bringing in WFBs this week and with Miller being a trade out it’s likely I won’t be playing any at all which cap my numbers at 10. 

So ideally my team will need 1 MID and 2 EDGs and even with those guys I’m still playing Sele and Niko which isn’t ideal but it is what it is and I’m sure many are in the same boat and having to play a couple of cheaper guys that have made it this far.

I’m pretty sure Hopgood is one guy I want, I’m also torn between Tohu and Elliot for that last spot in my MIDs. I’m fairly low on Round 16 guys so that’s my reasoning for taking a punt on Elliot. 

The last spot is an edge, I could always go back to Ford as a cheap option and good DPP cover on the bench after this week or go a bit more premium with Olokoatu.

A lot of decisions to be made between now and kickoff.

Any thoughts please let me know
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue May 23, 2023 10:07 pm

You've got 19 trades so that's more left than most I'd say. The important thing about the bye rounds is quality not quantity.

I'd target Hopgood Tohu Ponga. Leaves you 16 trades which is still a good number to have under your sleeve.

Can you afford those 3 with Cheese Miller Alamoti out? I don't know how much you have in the bank. If that's too expensive then I don't hate Ford (useful DPP) instead of Hopgood.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue May 23, 2023 10:39 pm

If your bank is still 4k as per MTBs site, you could do following with 1k left

Miller to Ponga
    Perham to Oloapu 
    Cheese to Ford
    Alamoti to Hopgood
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 23, 2023 11:18 pm

Cheers for the input guys. 

Ponga scares me so much. Been an owner many times and it’s generally been a tough time haha. But I guess back at FB and so cheap at 420k it’s worth a crack in a bye round.

Will have a look at both options tonight and see which one I feel comfortable with.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 25, 2023 9:31 am

Atm my trades are looking like this.

Miller > Oloapu (can change to Te Whare if he moves into the 13 tonight)
    Tino > Hopgood
    Cheese > Tohu
    Alamoti > Ponga

Leaves me 107k in the bank and 15 trades remaining. I’m pretty keen on Ford but can possibly get him next week if needed. Next week I’ll have Ponga and Hopgood on the bye so should be able to field 17 unless something horrible happens in Origin I

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 am