NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Ando
    Ando

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs - Page 6 Empty Re: 2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Post by Ando Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:43 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Cheers for the replies lads. Looks like TLT has derailed all of the great planning that has been done over the last day or two haha

Will now need to see what other options are available. I don’t trust Jed Cartwright at all

Bird up to EDG, Simmo into CTR then you can pick any cashout regardless of position?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:22 pm

Ando wrote:

Bird up to EDG, Simmo into CTR then you can pick any cashout regardless of position?
    Yep that’s how I’ve got the team lined up at the moment. Lemmys benching is a bit of a pain but hopefully he moves into the 13 on game day, we’re lucky it’s an early game
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:06 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Yep that’s how I’ve got the team lined up at the moment. Lemmys benching is a bit of a pain but hopefully he moves into the 13 on game day, we’re lucky it’s an early game

I still think he can score good enough in 50-60 mins. Missed tackles seem to creep him when he gets tired.

I wish Te Whare had some security, I think he’d be the best cash out
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:45 pm

Ando wrote:

I still think he can score good enough in 50-60 mins. Missed tackles seem to creep him when he gets tired.

I wish Te Whare had some security, I think he’d be the best cash out
    My worry is if he becomes like Fifita the other week and only gets 30 minutes. Oh well it is what it is and hope for the best.

Just going to do Loiero/Perham to Grant/Yeo this week. Keep Oloapu around for next week and look to sell him in 19 for a cheap WFB/EDG since I shouldn’t be needing him for that round.

That’s the loose plan
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:14 am

Well pretty happy to go ahead with the Loiero to Grant trade this week. Don’t think there should be too many issues with him backing up on Saturday night.

Yeo backed up 4 days after Origin 1 and played 80. Their game this weekend is 3 days after Origin 2 so possibly a reduced workload is possible against the Knights. Might just do it anyway but food for thought
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:39 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Well pretty happy to go ahead with the Loiero to Grant trade this week. Don’t think there should be too many issues with him backing up on Saturday night.

Yeo backed up 4 days after Origin 1 and played 80. Their game this weekend is 3 days after Origin 2 so possibly a reduced workload is possible against the Knights. Might just do it anyway but food for thought
    Who’s the captain for Panthers if Yeo is out? JFH or Edwards?

Think he will still back up and play long mins with Cleary out (may be slightly biased as was looking to bring in and captain)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:42 am

Camo123 wrote:
    Who’s the captain for Panthers if Yeo is out? JFH or Edwards?

Think he will still back up and play long mins with Cleary out (may be slightly biased as was looking to bring in and captain)
    Yeah I was thinking of putting the C on one of Grant or Yeo this week but it’s risky. Would probably prefer Yeo for minutes.

As a JFH owner I wouldn’t mind at all if Yeo is out this week for a rest. JFH needs all the minutes he can get at the moment
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:57 pm

Well a little bit of spice to the team lists early in the week. My fixation on Yeo and my dislike for reprobates blinded me to the fantasy talents of JDB.

First trade locked in is Perham to JDB. Second trade still looking like Loiero to Grant but will see how that trade looks tomorrow evening.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:15 pm

Round 17

Scored 920. Rank up to 1193.

Trades: Loiero/Perham to Grant/JDB.

Was a bit of an up and down week just like most around here. The Teddys of the world mixed with the Horsburghs. Made the right captaincy choice with SJ, second option was new recruit JDB and even that wasn’t bad.

Looking into this week I have Hopgood and Simonsson on the bye and an injury cloud hanging over Turpin. Guys like Lemmy benched doesn’t help either so will have to see what TLT brings. If Turpin is good to go I’ll probably go ahead with no trades and see what Round 19 brings
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:58 am

Round 18 Trades

Bird to Blore
    Oloapu to Simpkin

With Manu, Lemmy and Simonsson for cover I think that should tide me over for the season in that position so happy to let Bird go for a bit of EDG cover with the potential to make a bit of money if the Tigers keep playing Bateman at lock.

Simpkin in is a late season cash grab, super low BE and hopefully gets at least 60 minutes a week and scores in the 40-50s before Api gets back, if he can make 150k I’ll be chuffed.

As things stand they won’t be needed next week but if Hynes and one of Hopgood/Horse are picked for Origin 3 then both will be able to plugged in and played which will be nice.

Team for this week:

Grant
    JDB, Carrigan, Horse
    Preston, Blore
    Hynes, SJ
    Lemmy, Manu
    Teddy, Ponga, Bula

Tohu, Boyd, NAS, Hopgood
    Simpkin, JFH, Turpin, Simo

Will probably look at setting up a loop but someone’s going to miss out this week regardless with this trade plan
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:35 pm

Round 19 - Last of the major byes.

Still sitting outside the 1k mark. Starting to grow quite tiresome, so team this week hopefully gets me there.

Boyd (Simpkin)
    JDB, Hopgood, Tohu
    Preston, Blore
    Hynes, SJ*
    Lemmy, Simo
    Bula

So without any trades I’m sitting on 11 for the week. If SJ is a late out then I can move Boyd to HLF and chuck Grant at HOK to collect Simpkin’s score.

Question is whether I go for 12 or 13 with a trade or two. Only positions I can target are CTR/WFB so the options are obviously quite limited. At the moment I’m thinking of Averillo and Munro or probably just Munro as a max cashout so I can shopping next week for Cleary/Fifita.

7 trades (487k in bank) in hand so could probably grab someone else but yeah getting the bank ready for next week feels like the better move.

Any thoughts are always appreciated.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:44 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Round 19 - Last of the major byes.

Still sitting outside the 1k mark. Starting to grow quite tiresome, so team this week hopefully gets me there.

Boyd (Simpkin)
    JDB, Hopgood, Tohu
    Preston, Blore
    Hynes, SJ*
    Lemmy, Simo
    Bula

So without any trades I’m sitting on 11 for the week. If SJ is a late out then I can move Boyd to HLF and chuck Grant at HOK to collect Simpkin’s score.

Question is whether I go for 12 or 13 with a trade or two. Only positions I can target are CTR/WFB so the options are obviously quite limited. At the moment I’m thinking of Averillo and Munro or probably just Munro as a max cashout so I can shopping next week for Cleary/Fifita.

7 trades (487k in bank) in hand so could probably grab someone else but yeah getting the bank ready for next week feels like the better move.

Any thoughts are always appreciated.

Balls to the wall, run 13! Like the Avo move but not sure about Munro with 0 job security. What about Kris as a cheapish cash out?

Not sure who your trade out options are but those two in + the 487k would leave quite the war chest to go shopping next week.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:12 pm

Agreed I would run 13 as well get in a rental pick for the week even with that many trades. Then get in final squad next week or two after and rest with a few trades on the back end of the year.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:19 am

Cheers guys, didn’t realise Te Whare’s BE was in the negatives so will probably pick him as a rental and hopefully make a bit of money from him as a little bonus before deciding what to do during his bye in 21

Other trade should probably be a keeper or someone I hope goes bananas this weekend. Penisini, Ramien, Talakai, Mulitalo are my main options, sorry Tigers fans.

The two trade outs this week are JFH and Turpin
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:33 pm

So if you go JFH and Turpin > VTW and Kris/Avo won’t you have approx $1m next week for upgrades?

I think that’s a pretty strong position to be in. Running 13 this week should also mean you make a decent jump into the top 1000.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:43 pm

Ando wrote:So if you go JFH and Turpin > VTW and Kris/Avo won’t you have approx $1m next week for upgrades?

I think that’s a pretty strong position to be in. Running 13 this week should also mean you make a decent jump into the top 1000.
    Pretty close, getting VTW and Avo gives me 800k to play with next week. Then will have 13 trades next week for the run home to buy buy buy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:37 am

Blore you little ripper 🤣
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:12 am

Would you do Penisini or Averillo this week? The obvious differences are Penisini gives me a keeper but Averillo gives me more money to spend next week. Bula will become Fifita next week so it will leave me with this.

Penisini/Averillo, Lemmy (Te Whare, Simonsson)
    Teddy, Ponga, Manu (Te Whare, Simonsson)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:37 am

Not the week I was after with 13 players on the field but a rank rise and finally get to be considered by YAFSS. Rank up to 924 and a whole lot of new trades to use. It really does feel like Christmas.

So after a 737 last week I now have 13 trades and 500k in the bank. Will probably look to move on the bulk of my Tigers players. All have done jobs and depending on TLT tonight might be time to say goodbye. Blore/Bula/Simpkin can be turned into quite a variety of players. 

Team for this week pre trades.

Grant*
    Carrigan*, Tohu, NAS
    Preston, Blore
    Hynes, SJ
    Manu, VTW
    Teddy*, Ponga, Isaako

Hopgood, Boyd, Lemmy, Simo
    Bula, Simpkin, Horse, JDB

Few Origin question marks and some trade decisions to be made but should be a fun week.

First thoughts are Bula/Blore to Fifita/Bateman.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:18 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Not the week I was after with 13 players on the field but a rank rise and finally get to be considered by YAFSS. Rank up to 924 and a whole lot of new trades to use. It really does feel like Christmas.

So after a 737 last week I now have 13 trades and 500k in the bank. Will probably look to move on the bulk of my Tigers players. All have done jobs and depending on TLT tonight might be time to say goodbye. Blore/Bula/Simpkin can be turned into quite a variety of players. 

Team for this week pre trades.

Grant*
    Carrigan*, Tohu, NAS
    Preston, Blore
    Hynes, SJ
    Manu, VTW
    Teddy*, Ponga, Isaako

Hopgood, Boyd, Lemmy, Simo
    Bula, Simpkin, Horse, JDB

Few Origin question marks and some trade decisions to be made but should be a fun week.

First thoughts are Bula/Blore to Fifita/Bateman.

737 turned out to be a good score last week, congrats on the top 1k!

If you end up following through on those two trades you mentioned, that is huge. I guess Fifi is Origin recovery dependent, but I think he definitely plays.

What's your plan for Cleary going forward (if any)?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:29 pm