NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2023 Liverpool Bulldogs - Page 7 Empty Re: 2023 Liverpool Bulldogs

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:26 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

737 turned out to be a good score last week, congrats on the top 1k!

If you end up following through on those two trades you mentioned, that is huge. I guess Fifi is Origin recovery dependent, but I think he definitely plays.

What's your plan for Cleary going forward (if any)?
    Haha at the time it didn’t feel so good but yeah will take the jump into the top 1k happily.

Have locked those trades in for now, they are just two players I really want and thought i might as well get them while I can. 

Yeah will have a look this week and see how Cleary goes and plan to get him in next week through some combo of players. May require losing a MID to get there but I have quite a few of those (Horse, JDB, Carrigan, Hopgood, Tohu, NAS) haha
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:42 pm

Well a bit of carnage has meant trades need to be used so going with 4 this week with 3 big upgrades.

Blore to Bateman
    Simpkin to Graham
    Carrigan to Fifita
    VTW to DCE

Leaves me with a full strength team of 

Grant
    Horse, Hopgood, JDB
    Fifita, Bateman
    Hynes, SJ
    Manu, Lemmy
    Teddy, Ponga, Isaako

DCE, Boyd, Preston, Tohu
    NAS, Bula, Simonsson, Graham

9 trades to go and can target Cleary next week
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:48 pm

Team looks great mate! Big end to the season for you
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:33 pm

Ando wrote:Team looks great mate! Big end to the season for you
    Cheers mate. Hoping to keep the climb going. Need the fantasy gods to agree though 🤣

Good luck to you aswell, stellar season and hoping you finish strongly
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:52 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Cheers mate. Hoping to keep the climb going. Need the fantasy gods to agree though 🤣

Good luck to you aswell, stellar season and hoping you finish strongly

It’s gonna be a limp home for sure, I could really do with your number of trades haha
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:15 pm

Got through that round with a solid 1010 and jumped 150 spots up to 772. Pretty happy with the team except for Isaako, definitely not living up to the price tag, can only hope he can right those wrongs after his bye. 

So with 9 trades left and not alot of money in the bank there doesn’t seem like much I can do this week trade wise. Team lining up like this.

Grant
    Horse, JDB, Hopgood
    Fifita, Bateman
    Hynes, SJ
    Manu, Simo
    Ponga, Teddy, Bula

DCE, Boyd, Preston, Tohu
    NAS, Lemmy, Isaako, Graham

Simo away to the Cowboys worries me a bit but not a lot I can do really. Hopefully get through this week unscathed and see how things look.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:20 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Got through that round with a solid 1010 and jumped 150 spots up to 772. Pretty happy with the team except for Isaako, definitely not living up to the price tag, can only hope he can right those wrongs after his bye. 

So with 9 trades left and not alot of money in the bank there doesn’t seem like much I can do this week trade wise. Team lining up like this.

Grant
    Horse, JDB, Hopgood
    Fifita, Bateman
    Hynes, SJ
    Manu, Simo
    Ponga, Teddy, Bula

DCE, Boyd, Preston, Tohu
    NAS, Lemmy, Isaako, Graham

Simo away to the Cowboys worries me a bit but not a lot I can do really. Hopefully get through this week unscathed and see how things look.

Simmo will be running at Hiku and Chad who both love a missed tackle. Really like your trades mentioned in the main thread. The late push for top 100 is on!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:23 pm

Ando wrote:

Simmo will be running at Hiku and Chad who both love a missed tackle. Really like your trades mentioned in the main thread. The late push for top 100 is on!

Haha fingers crossed the Cowboys regress to their early season form haha.

I’ve completely forgotten my trades now, although I’m quite interested in the young Sharks lad Colquhoun if he can hold that EDG spot while Wilton is out. Need to start having a proper look now
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:13 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Haha fingers crossed the Cowboys regress to their early season form haha.

I’ve completely forgotten my trades now, although I’m quite interested in the young Sharks lad Colquhoun if he can hold that EDG spot while Wilton is out. Need to start having a proper look now

Looking at his NSW stats Colquhoun usually plays Prop for the Jets, I can see him starting the game on the EDG but Talakai coming on and playing there. Not worth the risk regardless of price.

Last edited by Ando on Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:45 pm

Ando wrote:

Look at his NSW stats Colquhoun usually plays Prop for the Jets, I can see him starting the game on the EDG but Talakai coming on and playing there. Not worth the risk regardless of price.

Ahhhh all good, well that changes things. Now I’m gonna have to go for Skelton which doesn’t fill me with any confidence at all.

If i didn’t want Cleary so much this week I’d be happy to hold off on trading completely and see what next week brings. If you had to trade two out this week for Cleary/Skelton who would it be?
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:23 pm

Isaako and NAS. Boyd 18th man.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:43 pm

So looks like I’ve managed some sort of trade combo I’m happy with. Still plenty of time between now and the round beginning.

Boyd > Cleary - minimum 15-20 point upgrade, higher ceiling.
    Preston > Murray - minimum 10-15 point upgrade if Murray goes back to his normal scoring. Can go big
    NAS > Piakura - Probably a point loss but hopefully Piakura won’t be in the scoring 17 unless he’s looped in or in a crisis.

Hopefully that gets me a somewhat competitive 17 and a decent bench at full strength.

Grant
    Horse, JDB, Murray
    Fifita, Bateman
    Cleary, Hynes
    Manu, Lemmy
    Ponga, Teddy, Isaako

Hopgood, DCE, SJ, Tohu
    Bula, Simo, Piakura, Graham

Leaves me 6 trades for the run home.

Few things I’m not sure of, first is having Bula and Simo in EMG. Hopefully I can select based on matchups each week. Second is Piakura, feels like a lot of money spent on a cash out but feels like the safe bet of the sub 350k guys.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:46 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:So looks like I’ve managed some sort of trade combo I’m happy with. Still plenty of time between now and the round beginning.

Boyd > Cleary - minimum 15-20 point upgrade, higher ceiling.
    Preston > Murray - minimum 10-15 point upgrade if Murray goes back to his normal scoring. Can go big
    NAS > Piakura - Probably a point loss but hopefully Piakura won’t be in the scoring 17 unless he’s looped in or in a crisis.

Hopefully that gets me a somewhat competitive 17 and a decent bench at full strength.

Grant
    Horse, JDB, Murray
    Fifita, Bateman
    Cleary, Hynes
    Manu, Lemmy
    Ponga, Teddy, Isaako

Hopgood, DCE, SJ, Tohu
    Bula, Simo, Piakura, Graham

Leaves me 6 trades for the run home.

Few things I’m not sure of, first is having Bula and Simo in EMG. Hopefully I can select based on matchups each week. Second is Piakura, feels like a lot of money spent on a cash out but feels like the safe bet of the sub 350k guys.

I like it overall mate, two big upgrades and a cashout, can't really complain. Only comment would be any interest in Joe O at 313k with RCG out as a Piakura alternative? Surely he sees decent minutes with that bench.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:12 pm

Think piakura will go alright, nice trades
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:30 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

I like it overall mate, two big upgrades and a cashout, can't really complain. Only comment would be any interest in Joe O at 313k with RCG out as a Piakura alternative? Surely he sees decent minutes with that bench.

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Think piakura will go alright, nice trades

Yeah I had a good look at a few guys down in that price bracket. Might be worth a punt but with Hopgood and Tohu on the bench I don’t really need another MID. I know Hopgood covers both but would be nice to keep it even.

Also another Eel adds to problems later on when it comes to their bye. Hoping Piakura sticks around for another month and if I’ve been lucky and saved some trades then I can flick him on.

Still unsure about whether to go full cash out and grab Skelton/Colq and put some cash in the bank for a rainy day. JS is terrible and I’d prefer to have players that could be useful if needed.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:12 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Yeah I had a good look at a few guys down in that price bracket. Might be worth a punt but with Hopgood and Tohu on the bench I don’t really need another MID. I know Hopgood covers both but would be nice to keep it even.

Also another Eel adds to problems later on when it comes to their bye. Hoping Piakura sticks around for another month and if I’ve been lucky and saved some trades then I can flick him on.

Still unsure about whether to go full cash out and grab Skelton/Colq and put some cash in the bank for a rainy day. JS is terrible and I’d prefer to have players that could be useful if needed.

I'm slowly starting to look towards getting Colq...

Hopgood > 387k
    Tohu > 260k

Think in a perfect world I'd rather keep Hopgood
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:44 pm

Ando wrote:

I'm slowly starting to look towards getting Colq...

Hopgood > 387k
    Tohu > 260k

Think in a perfect world I'd rather keep Hopgood

Naming him to start must bode well. And now that Wilton is out for the season they need someone to step up and take that position. Graham you’d think is past it now, Talakai a bit of a worry.

I mean if you take the punt and you get an 80 minute forward for a pretty decent team (most weeks), for dirt cheap then you are a winner. Doesn’t even matter what he scores really
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:28 am

Put Bula down at 21 this week so I could get a look at his score, after a 28 I have the option of taking it or trading Isaako to Edwards and hope like hell for a boom game against the Doggies. To be fair he’s probably a player I should finish the season with.

Will leave me 6 trades and a fairly settled team for the last 6 rounds

Sound decision or take the 28?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:22 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Put Bula down at 21 this week so I could get a look at his score, after a 28 I have the option of taking it or trading Isaako to Edwards and hope like hell for a boom game against the Doggies. To be fair he’s probably a player I should finish the season with.

You're in a better position than most with 6 trades left after making that move. 28 is really middling if you're racing for a high rank to end the year

Edwards has a higher average with Cleary in the team and could easily hit 60+ but could also just be a distributor and get a 35 and make the trade pointless

Depends on your risk tolerance with the trades remaining but you're in a good spot to have a go
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Put Bula down at 21 this week so I could get a look at his score, after a 28 I have the option of taking it or trading Isaako to Edwards and hope like hell for a boom game against the Doggies. To be fair he’s probably a player I should finish the season with.

Take the 28!! 2023 Liverpool Bulldogs - Page 7 1f601

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:09 pm