NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:29 pm

mickspicks wrote:Playing around and came up with Uto and Sele in the front row with Elliot. N.Butcher to sit in my first four reserves.

Also got Tanah on the bench but something tells me him.and Schuster will be trap city.

I also have an eye on Uto, but it's early days, trials will hopefully give us some better clues on all these 300-400k hopeful cashies.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:57 pm

Locking in V Holmes, don't let me down!
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:10 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Welcomed first child into the world yesterday morning
    Hopefully I can follow the trend of fanatics with career best fantasy seasons while on parental leave
    Congrats mate. Hopefully they grow up supporting a better team then you Very Happy
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:13 pm

Lchy wrote:

I’m not gonna ask you again, please get off my front verandah
    Just be grateful he’s not hanging around your back porch in his jocks
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:22 pm

mattnz wrote:

Nice team overall.

You need a solid top 19, as most weeks you will be missing 2 players with byes / injuries / suspensions. Luke wont get enough minutes to be relevant, so would spend the cash to upgrade him, maybe someone like Hetherington if he gets starting EDG and have some cash available to upgrade Alamoti if he doesn't start.

Yep fully agree with those comments, have had hetho a lot so far, defs have an eye on him. Was extremely hesitant on Alamoti but the more they train the more he seems to be in first team with burns in nsw cup team. Which is why I have them that way so far

Regarding Luke I only just put him in today. I’m starting to think he plays 50-55 mins. Kenny yo take the sting out and then Luke comes on. Kenny comes back on through the middle like last year. Luke has the creativity to help the attack flow compared to kenny who makes them look clunky anyway just my opinion at the moment
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:30 pm

where is the spark going to come from in the warriors halves. sj can hardly run & has lost his top end speed & tmm is more of a support player not usually the one breaking the line.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:07 pm

Fair warning to new parents, we spent Monday with baby#3 in surgery for compound fracture of the foot received whilst I was kinda minding him/kinda making breakfast. He's totally fine but damn....

Worst bit? A fair few of the staff recognised us from earlier starts with him or larger siblings. All of whom are fine now and I'm not some CPS-needing footy-player parents (props to Haas|Hynes|DFifi for surviving), but kids just do this.

So congrats to MS and co!!!!!! You're going to be proud and exhausted and happy and lonely and that's fine. 04 seven thrrrreee 628 Sev33 if you want to vent/ask about what not to do.

And Snatch, mate, you've always wanted a Canberra swapsies holiday, right? I'll add you to our Defence insurance as a dependent if the majority of kids have a pulse when I get back
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:11 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:And Snatch, mate, you've always wanted a Canberra swapsies holiday, right? I'll add you to our Defence insurance as a dependent  if the majority of kids have a pulse when I get back
    I'll look after them, but I have two three demands:

1. The kids come up here
    2. I still get to drink beer in my undies
    3. They fully convert to being Roosters fans.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:12 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I have Val in my team precisely for that reason, not to mention he kicks goals which none of the other top centres do.
    Poor Lomax
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:13 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Isnt Matamua training at lock because Bateman is still in the UK?

Surely Bateman is going to play Edge

Tigers have a heap of middles and a lack of edges. If Bateman plays lock where does Ofa play?

And as was said Matamua trained and Lock when Ofa wasn't there. Bateman's absence may or may no thave played a part.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:14 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    I'll look after them, but I have two three demands:

1. The kids come up here
    2. I still get to drink beer in my undies
    3. They fully convert to being Roosters fans.

Done! Will supply a bottomless supply of good bottled beer and CK undies. And some wipes to clean the couch after you've used the bottomless undies.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:47 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Surely Bateman is going to play Edge

Tigers have a heap of middles and a lack of edges. If Bateman plays lock where does Ofa play?

And as was said Matamua trained and Lock when  Ofa wasn't there. Bateman's absence may or may no thave played a part.

Ofa will be a middle Very Happy
    Seriously tho ive got no idea. Hopefully we get one cheapie tho.
    If someone could tell us where Bateman is going to play and who will be Storms starting edges will be that would be really helpful!
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:50 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I have Val in my team precisely for that reason, not to mention he kicks goals which none of the other top centres do.

I am predicting bigger things from Penisini this year. He was remarkably consistent once he found his rhythm last year. I think he is set and forget and does not play a bye until R14. I am expecting an significant improvement of last year even. No goal kicking required
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:58 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Poor Lomax

Lomax hasn't been relevant for two years now, the Dragons just aren't very good
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:59 pm

Trying to select a 'balanced side' which means downgrading Grant and upgrading to Val in the centres.

23k itb

Kenny
    Elliott, Cheese, Paseka
    Garner, E.Katoa
    Cleary (c), Burton
    Holmes, Thompson
    Teddy (vc), CNK, Perham

Hastings, Hopgood, J.Hetherington, TMM
    HTF, Stone, Sloan, AKP

Good depth but feel im missing another gun somewhere.

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:16 pm

t43597 wrote:Trying to select a 'balanced side' which means downgrading Grant and upgrading to Val in the centres.

23k itb

Kenny
    Elliott, Cheese, Paseka
    Garner, E.Katoa
    Cleary (c), Burton
    Holmes, Thompson
    Teddy (vc), CNK, Perham

Hastings, Hopgood, J.Hetherington, TMM
    HTF, Stone, Sloan, AKP

Good depth but feel im missing another gun somewhere.  

Not convinced with Paseka or Kenny, Paseka I would need to see more before I get on and Kenny probably won't play big mins at hooker, more likely 20-25 and then a bit more in the middle later.

I've done the maths on the following set of swaps so I know it'll work but my recommendation is the following

* Thompson down to Alamoti - Alamoti seems like he'll start and Thompson's JS isn't good either while costing you 89k more

* Paseka down to either Matamua or Blore, depending on who gets the spot

* CNK to George Jennings, he's got great job security until Papenhuyzen is back (likely not for ages) and has a better floor than most cheapie wingers and just as much ceiling as CNK (which is to say not much)

* Kenny to Robson - Robson is a big POD at hooker, has no early byes or Origin to worry about bar mass injuries in the NSW camp and has a very good early draw (which matters because Robson loves to go himself close to the line)

This leaves you 118k so you can then upgrade one of the cheapies if you really need to or keep it for early trades. If Loiero starts ahead of EKatoa then you'll have enough money to upgrade one of the 250k guys back up to CNK if you want (or Robson to Grant but I think Robson's better), but I recommend Gennings as one of your 250k guys, he's a safer bet than most of them. I also think Clark is a better bet than Elliott but that's up to you.

Robson
    Elliott, Cheese, Hetherington (you would put Hopgood here once he gets dual)
    Garner, Katoa
    Cleary, Burton
    Holmes, Alamoti
    Teddy, Perham, Gennings

Hastings, Hopgood, Blore/Matamua, TMM

Hammer, Stone, Sloan, AKP
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:35 pm

Are people not using Assistant Coach this year? https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f11-assistant-coach
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:37 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Are people not using Assistant Coach this year? https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f11-assistant-coach

Honestly it's just a pain to have to navigate to a different section of the forum, when 99% of all discussion happens in the main thread
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:47 pm

Bethany,

Are you able to elaborate on why the following is likely:

Kenny probably won't play big mins at hooker, more likely 20-25 and then a bit more in the middle later.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:56 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Honestly it's just a pain to have to navigate to a different section of the forum, when 99% of all discussion happens in the main thread

It might be a pain for you, not sure it's a pain for everyone else if a majority of the posts are spec teams a month out from season plus one or two people telling them how to make those teams more like theirs.

Assistant Coach came into being for a reason.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:42 pm