NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Bethany_B Sun 12 Feb 2023, 11:36 pm

I've redone my team after this weekend's trials, managed to fit Hynes in which is nice. I have Wilton in there but looking at a couple others in that price range to replace him with. Thoughts?

26k bank

Cheese
    Haas, Murray, R Sutton
    Garner, Loiero
    Cleary, Hynes
    Staggs, Alamoti
    CNK, Gennings, Perham

Hopgood, Wilton, Boyd, Doorey

Luke, Moale, Talau, AKP
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by mickspicks Mon 13 Feb 2023, 12:04 am

Bethany_B wrote:I've redone my team after this weekend's trials, managed to fit Hynes in which is nice. I have Wilton in there but looking at a couple others in that price range to replace him with. Thoughts?

26k bank

Cheese
    Haas, Murray, R Sutton
    Garner, Loiero
    Cleary, Hynes
    Staggs, Alamoti
    CNK, Gennings, Perham

Luke, Moale, Talau, AKP

Gennings CNK and Doorey all questionable at the moment, but if you think Staggs gets early ball and scores well then it balances out slightly.

Haas probably gets less minutes but will have a bigger impact. Not sure if this helps his score or not. I don't mind the pick but it's something to consider. You could downgrade and bank the cash which I think will be handy with the byes this year.

Talau looked a bit rubbish but it's his first hit out after injury. Ray Stone could be a player to consider in 18-21.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon 13 Feb 2023, 12:07 am

What an episode of Australian Survivor tonight that’s the most insane tribal council I have ever seen! Fucking brilliant gave me goosebumps.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon 13 Feb 2023, 12:13 am

Bethany_B wrote:I've redone my team after this weekend's trials, managed to fit Hynes in which is nice. I have Wilton in there but looking at a couple others in that price range to replace him with. Thoughts?

26k bank

Cheese
    Haas, Murray, R Sutton
    Garner, Loiero
    Cleary, Hynes
    Staggs, Alamoti
    CNK, Gennings, Perham

Luke, Moale, Talau, AKP

I like it, I prefer walsh over staggs for similar price

Are you not keen on Miller at all? Think he has a great playing style for fantasy points and good job security which I feel CNK and perham don’t have

Is loiero a starter? That’s interesting

Any chance howarth replaces injured olam?

Overal it’s a great team and gives me some inspiration
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon 13 Feb 2023, 12:23 am

Rabbits21 wrote:What an episode of Australian Survivor tonight that’s the most insane tribal council I have ever seen! Fucking brilliant gave me goosebumps.

Was pretty epic.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon 13 Feb 2023, 12:49 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I like it, I prefer walsh over staggs for similar price

Are you not keen on Miller at all? Think he has a great playing style for fantasy points and good job security which I feel CNK and perham don’t have

Is loiero a starter? That’s interesting

Any chance howarth replaces injured olam?

Overal it’s a great team and gives me some inspiration

Walsh is one I'm torn on, he looks like he's improving a lot as a player but idk how well that translates to fantasy, and he has goalkicking priced into his average and won't be doing it anymore so he has to improve just to maintain his price. I'm not 100% set on Staggs but I think he's very much capable of being value, he's fully fit now and wants to get his Origin spot back. Also the fact that Staggs had goalkicking priority over Walsh is a good sign in case anything happens to Reynolds.

As for Miller, I think he's decent enough but not convinced he's as good as he's hyped to be, and the Knights look like they'll struggle early even with a fairly decent draw. Attacking players often don't do so well in the first few rounds as teams are up for the new season. For less money I can get CNK who may have his issues with injury but tries his guts out every game and has always had decent base when playing at fullback. If Miller goes big in the first couple rounds then I'll just take the L and bring him in.

Loiero seems very likely to start based on what I've seen so far, he's been in the Storm team for longer than the other guys (all young and/or new recruits) and is more of a Bellamy type of player - gets through his work with no fuss and runs a good line in attack. If you go back and watch the highlights of the round 1 2022 game, you see that he's a decent attacking player too (he was at centre after Gennings went down but the Storm often have back rowers running centre lines anyway). If he doesn't then I won't pick him but I think he's more likely than Katoa or Chan.

Howarth won't get in, especially not at centre, since he had a rough year last year catching COVID 3 times and having a couple injuries as well. He needs more time in QCup just getting his body right, and Seve is serviceable enough at centre (he really proved me wrong last year). I think he'll eventually get in at back row and become a top tier fantasy player (the sky is the limit for Howarth) but he won't be rushed unless there's mass injuries.

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon 13 Feb 2023, 1:05 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Walsh is one I'm torn on, he looks like he's improving a lot as a player but idk how well that translates to fantasy, and he has goalkicking priced into his average and won't be doing it anymore so he has to improve just to maintain his price. I'm not 100% set on Staggs but I think he's very much capable of being value, he's fully fit now and wants to get his Origin spot back. Also the fact that Staggs had goalkicking priority over Walsh is a good sign in case anything happens to Reynolds.

As for Miller, I think he's decent enough but not convinced he's as good as he's hyped to be, and the Knights look like they'll struggle early even with a fairly decent draw. Attacking players often don't do so well in the first few rounds as teams are up for the new season. For less money I can get CNK who may have his issues with injury but tries his guts out every game and has always had decent base when playing at fullback. If Miller goes big in the first couple rounds then I'll just take the L and bring him in.

Loiero seems very likely to start based on what I've seen so far, he's been in the Storm team for longer than the other guys (all young and/or new recruits) and is more of a Bellamy type of player - gets through his work with no fuss and runs a good line in attack. If you go back and watch the highlights of the round 1 2022 game, you see that he's a decent attacking player too (he was at centre after Gennings went down but the Storm often have back rowers running centre lines anyway). If he doesn't then I won't pick him but I think he's more likely than Katoa or Chan.

Howarth won't get in, especially not at centre, since he had a rough year last year catching COVID 3 times and having a couple injuries as well. He needs more time in QCup just getting his body right, and Seve is serviceable enough at centre (he really proved me wrong last year). I think he'll eventually get in at back row and become a top tier fantasy player (the sky is the limit for Howarth) but he won't be rushed unless there's mass injuries.

Nice, and all makes sense

I was very tempted by staggs and do think centre is a bit of wasteland so see why it’s attractive to bolster up that position

I’ve been keen on walsh from the get go and blindly believe he’ll smash it, even before he had a good game today, if it doesn’t go his way I’ll be happy to take the L

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon 13 Feb 2023, 1:29 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Nice, and all makes sense

I was very tempted by staggs and do think centre is a bit of wasteland so see why it’s attractive to bolster up that position

I’ve been keen on walsh from the get go and blindly believe he’ll smash it, even before he had a good game today, if it doesn’t go his way I’ll be happy to take the L

Yeah that's my thinking behind bolstering up centre, I figure I only have one spot to worry about instead of two, hence why I've had Val in a lot of drafts until this one. I think a lot of people will get caught out if they run two cheapies, since none of the cheapies have good job security. Also helps that Staggs (and Val) has no byes until Origin time, when I would probably be moving Staggs on for Manu or someone like that if he doesn't turn out to be a keeper, though Staggs is capable of it.

Walsh will probably play well, the question to ask is whether that will translate to fantasy. I don't think it will, and think he's more of a Supercoach pick since he's more reliant on attack (though in SC there's only 2 fullback spots so you can't really pick him ahead of Trell, Teddy or Turbo in that format). For draft (in both formats) Walsh should be good though.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Mon 13 Feb 2023, 7:24 am

So where is going to be the best place for reviews of all Trial games? Peeps on here going to come out with game reviews of their teams while pretending to work this week? Or best to jump on one of the Pod episodes released this week as surely one of them will go through them?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon 13 Feb 2023, 7:25 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:So where is going to be the best place for reviews of all Trial games? Peeps on here going to come out with game reviews of their teams while pretending to work this week? Or best to jump on one of the Pod episodes released this week as surely one of them will go through them?

Talking League put up some notes on their Facebook page, but obv they're just opinions.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Mon 13 Feb 2023, 7:56 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 51 Giphy
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon 13 Feb 2023, 8:01 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 51 Giphy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon 13 Feb 2023, 8:15 am

Whilst at the stadium, about half way through the double header on Friday I turned to my mate and said it seems we have come out for a drink, and the football is on in the background  cheer

Reviews not so detailed below.

Rodwell for the Sharks reminded me of Roger Ramjet, he was my pick. Iro, moments of class.

South's game, alot of points.

Cheers.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon 13 Feb 2023, 8:32 am

Reed Mahoney missed a lot of tackles last year. Are those selecting him convinced that this is not going to continue. Outside of that, he is a gun and under priced but I can't see that changing at the Bulldogs
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon 13 Feb 2023, 8:32 am

So who replaces Olam, Savage, and Angus?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon 13 Feb 2023, 8:41 am

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:01 am