NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by mattnz Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:42 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

tbf mine is somewhat similar for now

Thompson, Alamoti

Gennings, teddy, perham

Talau, Sloan in emgs with Khan Pereira a last resort if need be

Yeah, I prefer this setup generally, rather than stacking the WFBs, then either missing out on many of the likely cheap cows, or having too many in the team for balance.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2  - What's the magic number ? - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 2 - What's the magic number ?

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:52 pm

I'm actually not running Thompson at the moment, I had Hammer at WFB and realised I could just swap Thompson for Perham and move Hammer to CTR. Thompson could be out of the team by round 2 whereas Perham seems like he'll get at least a few games at FB if he doesn't do well.

My current team is:

Robson
    Murray, Cheese, Horsburgh
    Hosking, Loiero
    Cleary, SJ
    Holmes, Hammer
    Miller, Perham, Gennings

Clark, Hopgood, Boyd, Matamua (can put Blore in if I need to)

Doorey, Sloan, Talau, AKP
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:01 pm

Think there is going to be good value in either Collins or Lodge but not sure which it will be
    Leaning towards Collins at this stage. Can’t wait for him to get the one stint robbo treatment in round 1
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:07 pm

Welcomed first child into the world yesterday morning
    Hopefully I can follow the trend of fanatics with career best fantasy seasons while on parental leave
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:17 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Welcomed first child into the world yesterday morning
    Hopefully I can follow the trend of fanatics with career best fantasy seasons while on parental leave

congrats MS
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:22 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I'm actually not running Thompson at the moment, I had Hammer at WFB and realised I could just swap Thompson for Perham and move Hammer to CTR. Thompson could be out of the team by round 2 whereas Perham seems like he'll get at least a few games at FB if he doesn't do well.

My current team is:

Robson
    Murray, Cheese, Horsburgh
    Hosking, Loiero
    Cleary, SJ
    Holmes, Hammer
    Miller, Perham, Gennings

Clark, Hopgood, Boyd, Matamua (can put Blore in if I need to)

Doorey, Sloan, Talau, AKP

I'm torn on Robson. If he carries on the same as last year he's a great shout but worried he might be managed a bit particularly early season in the heat. I missed him last year (bought Lolo in for bye cover instead in maybe my worst trade of the season). He's in my team atm but not feeling like it's a lock for me yet.  His bye schedule rewards just grabbing him from the start as well.

Like the look of your team!
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:26 pm

Congrats! We had our first a couple of weeks ago. It's been a journey. Hope all is going well.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:27 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:For people who go the gun/cow approach what is your target amount of genuine guns to start with?

Only 4, but they are bangers

Grant, Murray, Cleary, Hynes
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:29 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:If I give you this team +293K where would you spend it.

Clark
    Elliot Cheese Gilbert
    Katoa Garner
    Doueihi Cleary
    Alamoti Thompson
    Teddy, Perham Gennings

Hopgood, Hastings Boyd Blore

Doorey, Luke, Talau, Sloan

Nice team overall.

You need a solid top 19, as most weeks you will be missing 2 players with byes / injuries / suspensions. Luke wont get enough minutes to be relevant, so would spend the cash to upgrade him, maybe someone like Hetherington if he gets starting EDG and have some cash available to upgrade Alamoti if he doesn't start.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:29 pm

Congrats all the parents of the forum.

I for one am drinking a beer in my undies on a Tuesday afternoon because I have literally no responsibility once I leave the gates of my school.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:35 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Congrats all the parents of the forum.

I for one am drinking a beer in my undies on a Tuesday afternoon because I have literally no responsibility once I leave the gates of my school.

Are you in the the car or at home?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:35 pm

that's awesome man congrats & much love
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:39 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Congrats! We had our first a couple of weeks ago. It's been a journey. Hope all is going well.

that's awesome man congrats
    Reset My Password!

Post by Reset My Password! Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:45 pm

Gees, trying to pick a centre is so depressing. I hope someone magically appears on TLT! I don’t think I can cope with relying on an overpriced Hammer! At his price, Val and Manu are much better value!
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:56 pm

Niko mum drug supply operation
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:02 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

I'm torn on Robson. If he carries on the same as last year he's a great shout but worried he might be managed a bit particularly early season in the heat. I missed him last year (bought Lolo in for bye cover instead in maybe my worst trade of the season). He's in my team atm but not feeling like it's a lock for me yet.  His bye schedule rewards just grabbing him from the start as well.

Like the look of your team!

Robson also loves going himself close to the line and considering how good the Cowboys early draw is, I think he'll offset any loss in mins (due to heat) with tries, and has three key benefits over Grant

* Cheaper

* No byes before Origin period

* Highly unlikely to play Origin

He may average less than Grant or Cook but total points very well might be the same or better. The important thing with him if you own him is to hold your nerve and not sell him if he doesn't score a ton of tries right away, as he's good enough to keep all year.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:03 pm

Reset My Password! wrote:Gees, trying to pick a centre is so depressing. I hope someone magically appears on TLT! I don’t think I can cope with relying on an overpriced Hammer! At his price, Val and Manu are much better value!

I have Val in my team precisely for that reason, not to mention he kicks goals which none of the other top centres do.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:06 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I for one am drinking a beer in my undies on a Tuesday afternoon because I have literally no responsibility once I leave the gates of my school.

I’m not gonna ask you again, please get off my front verandah
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:12 pm

Playing around and came up with Uto and Sele in the front row with Elliot. N.Butcher to sit in my first four reserves.

Also got Tanah on the bench but something tells me him.and Schuster will be trap city.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:18 pm

mickspicks wrote:Playing around and came up with Uto and Sele in the front row with Elliot. N.Butcher to sit in my first four reserves.

Also got Tanah on the bench but something tells me him.and Schuster will be trap city.

Boyd certainly has Sexton and Fogarty vibes about him.

Cheap enough at $479k though.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm