NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

The Betting Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:06 am

Revraiser wrote:Get on Opelka in the tennis this morning if it is not to late, he is up and coming playing against a clay courter on the ATP so is about  $2.40

Also, Cowboys to win there Nfl preseason game today at $3 is a good value bet. Falcons v Dolphins will go 'overs' today to i am sure.

Good on ya mate, nice to see someone post a pick before the fact for a change lol!!

I don't know much about NFL but I like the look of Dallas too. They were smacking up the Rams before the 2nd and 3rd strings came on and I understand their star rookie RB, Elliot will play some decent minutes this game, as will Romo and of course Prescott who has been lighting it up so far. Down side is Bryant is out. I'd probably roll with the half time line on the Cowboys though!

By the way, if anyone out there is interested in making some coin a bit of research on the NZ Mitre Ten Cup wouldn't go astray. The new rules they have employed their for this season is causing a bit of havoc and several teams have a leg up on the others due to trialling the same rules in their club comps.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:23 pm

1st half line bet on Dallas won thanks to the last second field goal! Hopefully a couple people got on that one.

I hope you got a refund on the Opelka bet mate with the retirement. He was looking good.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Hey Rippin', fair dinkum anything i post goes to shite in here. The overs game was well under, dallas lost after HT looked ok, and Opelka won the 1st set and got pummelled in the 2nd then retired.
    With my betting agency that unfortunately means a loss.

WD on ur variation to the Cowboys mate
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Any chance of an upset in the remaining Mitre 10 Match today ?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Revraiser wrote:Hey Rippin', fair dinkum anything i post goes to shite in here. The overs game was well under, dallas lost after HT looked ok, and Opelka won the 1st set and got pummelled in the 2nd then retired.
    With my betting agency that unfortunately means a loss.

WD on ur variation to the Cowboys mate

Unlucky mate - no dramas, you are at the least one of the few that actually post picks before they are finished.

Yeah, unfortunately my advice was a little late, but I would tend to go half time on most pre-season games aye. The 2nd half is often a lottery.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Revraiser wrote:Any chance of an upset in the remaining Mitre 10 Match today ?

I wouldn't have thought so mate.

I'm on Auckland.

There was actually a bit of a glitch in the NZ TAB odds on the double tonight. They had the Manawatu/Auck double at $1.45 but the respective H2Hs at 1.16 and 1.04 respectively, multiple that together and without a calculator I'd say the double they were offering was about 2 x what it should be.

I didn't make it on here in time to post it unfortunately, but I would avoid Northland in this one. Auck will be out to avenge a big 1st round loss and Northland aren't the best. They might beat the start but even that I wouldn't touch.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:42 pm

Fognini beats Ferrer this morning at the US open. Great odds.

Last edited by Revraiser on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:00 pm

It's not great odds but Canterbury to have the Ranfurly Shield by the end of Rnd 9 would seem like a pretty solid bet @ $1.4

Looking at the draw there's not that many realistic scenarios where they won't have it by seasons end. They will however have to go to either of Manawatu, Taranaki, or Waikato to win the thing and taking the shield off the holder is never easily done.

Worth a bet though I reckon.

Auckland 13+ tonight as well. Odds available at around 1.90 for that one. Auckland have several ABs returning, ones that should be fresh given their lack of game time for the ABs, and should be way to strong for Southland.

Lastly, Over the total in the Tasman Taranaki game. Its a day time game in sunny Nelson. 2 teams that have racked up decent totals so far: 52,43, 83, 59. Take the over - early available lines suggest jumping on 56.5+
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:43 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:It's not great odds but Canterbury to have the Ranfurly Shield by the end of Rnd 9 would seem like a pretty solid bet @ $1.4

Looking at the draw there's not that many realistic scenarios where they won't have it by seasons end. They will however have to go to either of Manawatu, Taranaki, or Waikato to win the thing and taking the shield off the holder is never easily done.

Worth a bet though I reckon.

Auckland 13+ tonight as well. Odds available at around 1.90 for that one. Auckland have several ABs returning, ones that should be fresh given their lack of game time for the ABs, and should be way to strong for Southland.

Lastly, Over the total in the Tasman Taranaki game. Its a day time game in sunny Nelson. 2 teams that have racked up decent totals so far: 52,43, 83, 59. Take the over - early available lines suggest jumping on 56.5+

Did you see the Auckland try that took them to 35 toward the last 15 of the game tonight ? Scintillating. The Mitre 10 is more entertaining than the Super rugby IMO.

I will check out the overs in that cheers Rippin Wink

Fognini took it 5 sets today, so close, gutted.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Backing the Knights this afternoon. Dragons are going to be embarrassed.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Total points over 58.5 in the Northland Auck game - Good weather, attacking teams, and big mismatch in quality. Should be high scoring.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Total points over 58.5 in the Northland Auck game - Good weather, attacking teams, and big mismatch in quality. Should be high scoring.

Jeepers, I've just switched this game slightly after half time to watch my bet unfold and its already won, haha. 66 points in about 55min. That's one of the easier wins Ive had for a while.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:45 pm

But a live bet on the Storm -6.5 and then the power went out because they're knocking down a house two doors down and knocked the power out.

This is how the conversation went

Hey man, what happened?
    Ah sorry mate we knocked the power out.
    Why are you working in near darkness on a Saturday night?
    It was the safest time to do it with no people around
    Can't have been too safe if you knocked the power out
    .... I guess they didnt think of that. At least there's no footy on.
    NRL minor premiership game is on now.
    .... Oh. I don't follow the rugby.

Quick 180 turn, not impressed.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:26 am

2 quick bets for today, sorry no time to add reasoning.

Otago H2H @ $1.5 vs BOP, and a small additional wager on -4

Also Manawatu +10 vs Waikato (RS game)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Did you see the Auckland try that took them to 35 toward the last 15 of the game tonight ? Scintillating. The Mitre 10 is more entertaining than the Super rugby IMO.

I will check out the overs in that cheers Rippin Wink

Fognini took it 5 sets today, so close, gutted.

Hey mate, yeah I did see that try. The Ioane brothers will both be ABs. Both hugely talented. That run from Akira was awesome.

I have this really bad feeling that despite me going 4 out of 5 on posted picks this weekend you may have only bet on the only one that lost! Please tell me that isn't the case!!

I'll try and keep posting rugby picks as so far so good this season.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Hey mate, yeah I did see that try. The Ioane brothers will both be ABs. Both hugely talented. That run from Akira was awesome.

I have this really bad feeling that despite me going 4 out of 5 on posted picks this weekend you may have only bet on the only one that lost! Please tell me that isn't the case!!

I'll try and keep posting rugby picks as so far so good this season.

Yes indeed thats me lately, it was only 6 pts off and was the only leg in a multi that faded.
    All good though,im very big on ownership when outlaying coin.. i did it
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Yes indeed thats me lately,  it was only 6 pts off and was the only leg in a multi that faded.
    All good though,im very big on ownership when outlaying coin.. i did it

Oh mate, that's worse than I thought.

Yup I agree - if it makes you feel any better I lost $20k on a stock tip once. But you aren't learning anything if you place the blame on anyone but yourself when it comes to deciding where your money goes!! I certainly didn't for a second have any hard feelings towards the guy who tipped me off on that one.

I shall attempt to post more winners in the hope a couple of them might work out for you.

I've just put a bit on Murray to win the US Open. You are big on tennis, what do you think of that bet? $2.50.

He seems to be the form guy and I hear that not only is Djok dealing with injury but he has "personal" issues going on too. Murray clearly the form player at the moment and not much depth in men's tennis at the moment at the elite level.

Early leans on the Rugby - Auckland, Harbour and Wellington. But need to await teams etc! Also Over in the Auck HB game weather pending.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Strong winds in the Auck HB game could cause problems so I would stay away from the total in this game.

Happy to take Auckland H2H @ $1.5 and -4.5 for a little side bet.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:00 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Strong winds in the Auck HB game could cause problems so I would stay away from the total in this game.

Happy to take Auckland H2H @ $1.5 and -4.5 for a little side bet.

A missed penalty in the last minute from West meant AKL snuck the win but a win none the less!!

I think that makes it 6/7 this season to date in the Mitre 10 Cup.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:16 am

Guess I should stick to what I know: Murray out, Ost to nishikori, had his serve broken 10 times I think, crazy!!

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:50 am