NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

The Betting Thread - Page 50 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:06 am

Honeysett wrote:Aaaaand that's a wrap folks. That's how you do the Grand Final weekend.

$$ Smile

Cheers mate - owe you one. Im not a huge leaguie, so when the commentators were all but saying Smith had won the award (at the end of the game) I was resound to that one not coming in, but wake up today to see it won, nice. Cant complain with a 40:1 shot can ya!!

What a finish to an almost perfect weekend of betting. 3/3 with my main tips and then a 40:1 shot to finish.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:08 am

Yeah look I wasn't confident towards the end of the game. The live market had Smith at $1.05 and Slater at $10 (still second favourite) the Clive Churchill is voted a bit differently than most awards I've found over the years so I still had hope. We were at a pub watching it out in the beer garden and when thy announced Slater we all went up stoked. Then the DJ dropped California Love. Just felt right.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Out of interest lads, all biases aside (if possible), who do you all like for NRL next year?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Out of interest lads, all biases aside (if possible), who do you all like for NRL next year?
    Pamfus for me.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Way too early to tell, so much can happen. I'd imagine Storm/Roosters/Cowboys will all be there again.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Is there a deadline for trades/ signings for next year? I know many have already been done, but do you usually expect more big ones?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Been away so trying to consolidate answers:

@Honeysett - Clive Churchill is always a heart not head selection. Good earn. But saying that Smith didn't deserve it, he was feeding Cronk turds which he was polishing and regurgitating.

@SI Moylan is more chance of playing with us than the Panfers. Without him struggle to make the 8

@Rippin and Tearin - 30th June is the trade deadline - goes all the way through to juniors. There's plenty of negotiating left on the table.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:03 pm

I too have cashed in this weekend I took the risk before they were bank interest favourites and it paid off.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:03 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

$$ Smile

Cheers mate - owe you one. Im not a huge leaguie, so when the commentators were all but saying Smith had won the award (at the end of the game) I was resound to that one not coming in, but wake up today to see it won, nice. Cant complain with a 40:1 shot can ya!!

What a finish to an almost perfect weekend of betting. 3/3 with my main tips and then a 40:1 shot to finish.

How early did you blokes get on to get $40's? - well done.

I normally tip my CC's prior to the semi's but my head (Storm players) was up against my heart (Broncos players) so I refrained this year.

I did take Slater though pre game and like most others wasn't even watching the presso by that stage as (even with some of the funny calls over the years) I was almost certain it was Smithy.
    To be honest it really should have been.....I'll take it though.

In terms of NRL 2018, obviously the Cows are going to be up there after what they did this year and then adding JT/Scott plus a few shrewd purchases (Maclean).
    I also like the Broncos after this season was derailed by a key injury to the FAC.....but I am heavily biased.
    Likely not to bet on these as they will both drift out to better odds (or stay similar) throughout the season and I'd rather the $$ in my hands than the TAB's.

My other tip is a bit of a speculator and something I may dabble in early.
    I'm speculating that the Panfers may lure Cronk to the club with Moylan money.
    If this is the case, they are already up there but are slightly better value than what they are currently paying IMO.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:44 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

How early did you blokes get on to get $40's? - well done.

I normally tip my CC's prior to the semi's but my head (Storm players) was up against my heart (Broncos players) so I refrained this year.

I did take Slater though pre game and like most others wasn't even watching the presso by that stage as (even with some of the funny calls over the years) I was almost certain it was Smithy.
    To be honest it really should have been.....I'll take it though.

In terms of NRL 2018, obviously the Cows are going to be up there after what they did this year and then adding JT/Scott plus a few shrewd purchases  (Maclean).
    I also like the Broncos after this season was derailed by a key injury to the FAC.....but I am heavily biased.
    Likely not to bet on these as they will both drift out to better odds (or stay similar) throughout the season and I'd rather the $$ in my hands than the TAB's.

My other tip is a bit of a speculator and something I may dabble in early.
    I'm speculating that the Panfers may lure Cronk to the club with Moylan money.
    If this is the case, they are already up there but are slightly better value than what they are currently paying IMO.

He's talking about the multi we got on. Dusty Martin + Billy Slater - 40/1
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:35 pm

FWIW I've chucked down the profits from the 40:1 shot on some NFL bets including a couple of Div Win multi speculators.

Here's what Im rolling with:

AFC East Buffalo
    AFC South Houston (bet as a single too @ $2.5).
    AFC West KC (bet as a single too @ $2.5).
    NFC East Philly (bet as a single too @ $1.Cool.
    NFC West Rams (bet as a single too @ $6).
    NFC South Atlanta & Carolina (each bet as a singles too @ $1.8/$4.5).
    NFC North Detroit

Odds of 3300:1 and 8200:1 respectively Smile

Obviously some pretty big long shots there but NE just doesn't look right on D (although more than likely they'll get things sorted) hence rolling with Buffalo who are at worst a much improved team. The Rams are just really fun to watch, and are my team, so gotta back them, and Im not convinced by GB, so switching from the Vikings to upset them in that Div to Detroit. Outside of that I quite like KC, Houston, Philly, and Atlanta or Carolina.

-------

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/viewtopic.forum?t=641

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 pm