NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

The Betting Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 am

No Worries wrote:As mentioned earlier I took NSW 13+ the morning of but before Thurston's withdrawal. NSW have since come in to $4.25. I'm being offered a cash out of 10.08% over my original stake and the game is still 10 days away.

As they say. That's better than bank interest.

Whose this with mate ? Not all are offering the cashout still.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:40 am

Deuces wrote:Going to back the Knights here with over 10.5 FH score.

Was very surprised at the Knights on the weekend. Says alot about St George Re last week imo.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Sorry mate, only just saw this now... bit late, but it may have saved you money. I was picking the Lions, and to be honest if they had of used their bench in this they would have won it, but for some reason Gatland effectively sacrificed the game by choosing to not use his bench. Ended up blowing a 14 point led in the last 10 min and the game was a draw.

My tip though, after the Lions won game 2 would be to back the ABs in the decider. Will wait to see the teams and odds and then get back to you!

Thats ok mate. I was just using the match as the 1st leg in a multi. Went lions, and as u said they collapsed.

Id imagine the AB's will be 1.20 in the decider, cant see the last match changing anything.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:55 am

Revraiser wrote:

Whose this with mate ? Not all are offering the cashout still.

Crown
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 am

Good thing I hedged on a few of my bets after my original layout for tonight. Ended up by $230. I'll take it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:41 pm

For anyone into the Le tour, the young riders classification looks dead n buried to the experts. But ! Stranger things have happened and with Yates leading by 2:28 minutes to Meintjes with 4 stages remaining, you can either not bet, back yates at $1.03 or take a punt on Meintjes $26 or better. He took a whole 1:28 minutes off Yates lead last night, and with breakaways /injuries / crashes and surprise tactics from Meintjes could bag it out of nowhere.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Broncos are paying $1.80 next week against the Eels ? What am I missing ?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Revraiser wrote:For anyone into the Le tour, the young riders classification looks dead n buried to the experts. But ! Stranger things have happened and with Yates leading by 2:28 minutes to Meintjes with 4 stages remaining, you can either not bet, back yates at $1.03 or take a punt on Meintjes $26 or better. He took a whole 1:28 minutes off Yates lead last night, and with breakaways /injuries / crashes and surprise tactics from Meintjes could bag it out of nowhere.

Last I looked Kittel was at $1.03 for the Green Jersey, 1 stage later, boom. Anything can happen aye!

By the way lads, this is now public so I can post, but for those in OZ, where bookies may not be up to date, The Highlanders are having a heck of a time (weather) getting up to Christchurch for tomorrows game. My understanding is it will not be postponed, and I assume if they can not make it, the Crusaders will win by default. Therefore a bet on the Crusaders to advance to the next round might be worth a crack as I believe you would win, even if the game is not played.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Last I looked Kittel was at $1.03 for the Green Jersey, 1 stage later, boom. Anything can happen aye!

By the way lads, this is now public so I can post, but for those in OZ, where bookies may not be up to date, The Highlanders are having a heck of a time (weather) getting up to Christchurch for tomorrows game. My understanding is it will not be postponed, and I assume if they can not make it, the Crusaders will win by default. Therefore a bet on the Crusaders to advance to the next round might be worth a crack as I believe you would win, even if the game is not played.

Head to Head bets would be void.

However if it's to make it to the next stage you might be right. However I can see them pulling the pin as I don't think that would be fair either.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Head to Head bets would be void.

However if it's to make it to the next stage you might be right. However I can see them pulling the pin as I don't think that would be fair either.

Yup, that's what I mean. I've not looked cause I don't bet anymore, but thought I'd throw it out there for other people to take advantage of, potentially. I also think the Crusaders will win anyway.

There was a game a while back where both teams wanted to postpone it. Sanza and the TV networks wouldn't allow it even though it would have been in the best interests of everyone else. My understanding is that if the Highlanders can't make it up there, then they will effectively lose....
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Surely they will make it in time.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Dont forget the 26's available for Meintjes lads.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Revraiser wrote:Surely they will make it in time.

You'd think. But with Flights cancelled, Roads closed, they are scrambling at the moment! Raina dn wind not due to let up for some time...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:42 am

Revraiser wrote:Surely they will make it in time.

So they made it in to their Hotel at 2pm, It gave them little more than 2 hours before they had to get to the ground.

Ended up being a major disruption to their day. Usual prep completely out the window. Guys who like to have a sleep gamely couldn't. No time to cill out etc. No excuses coming out of the team officially, but....

Crusaders ended up winning 17 - 0 in atrocious conditions.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:47 am

By the way, anyone looking to bet on the semis, I think the Crusaders are near unbeatable at home so get on them early when the lines open up. Update on the team today indicates all are healthy and ready to go. -6.5 early line looks really good to me!

I'd also look to take the Crusaders to win the comp at ~$2.5.

IMO they win comfortably next week which means they either go to Africa and play the Lions or get a home game against the Canes. Both will be tricky games but both very winnable. $2.5 is good odds!
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:27 am

Not footy, but....

Mayweather is paying $3 to beat McGregor by decision
    McGregor is paying $6 to win by knockout

Hedge those against each other. Free money. McG doesnt stand a chance if it goes the distance and Mayweather hasnt KOd anybody in years. I can't see any other result outside of those 2.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 am

Agree with the above!

This is a little late, but definitely something to keep an eye out for. The NZ TAB is very sloppy and often gets odds wrong/doesnt update.

The Daly M is one of these. When Smith got injured they didn't change their odds, in fact they didn't even update at all based on round 20. So yesterday (even though I don't generally bet anymore) I got on Widdop at $7 (more than double the odds was just too good to refuse), on most markets that I have seen he is now in the 3s.

Anyway, the TAB did update that over night sometime so its too late to take advantage of those odds, however my guess is they will be slow to react to whatever happens with Cam Smith next. I.e. Cam, if he comes back next round, and they don't update, will be at very good money. If he looks like he's out again, then one of Pearce, Widdop, DCE will be at good money.

Anyway, just something to keep an eye out for to better your chances of making money.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:17 am

No Worries wrote:Broncos are paying $1.80 next week against the Eels ? What am I missing ?

Nothing, though injuries can and will happen.. and if you took the Bronx at this early price you'd be feeling pretty good about the bet given Gutho won't be there now.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:28 am

ryno_ wrote:Not footy, but....

Mayweather is paying $3 to beat McGregor by decision
    McGregor is paying $6 to win by knockout

Hedge those against each other. Free money. McG doesnt stand a chance if it goes the distance and Mayweather hasnt KOd anybody in years. I can't see any other result outside of those 2.

Mayweather may not have knocked a boxer out in years but he's against a guy that's not a boxer. I reckon he could finish him - I also don't know whether McGregor can go 12 rounds with Mayweather.

McGregor is going to have this chances in the fight, whether he takes them or not is another thing.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Mayweather may not have knocked a boxer out in years but he's against a guy that's not a boxer. I reckon he could finish him - I also don't know whether McGregor can go 12 rounds with Mayweather.

McGregor is going to have this chances in the fight, whether he takes them or not is another thing.

McGregor wont have any chances. Mayweather is a ghost. He's fought better strikers with more natural ability and not only won but ended up almost untouched. If Alvarez could barely lay a glove on him, McG doesnt stand a chance. I don't think he has the power to finish McG though, its not like he's new to taking hits. Being gassed after 12 rounds is a possibility though.

Frankie Boyle has the best quote on the match - "Don't get me wrong, I think a non-boxer trying to beat possibly history's best defensive boxer, at boxing, purely by being a mad cunt is actually beautiful."

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:10 pm