NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

The Betting Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 11:24 am

Man OKC killing it and Admas is being a beast again!!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 13, 2016 11:42 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:If you guys wanna PM me I have something that may interest you both. I don't really wanna post it on here though.

what sport?

still having a shocker with league atm. thought the raiders were a great bet on the line but they come out and play like spastics. should have learnt that by now i guess. saw someone (or a group) had 100k on them with ladbrokes, ouch

cant pick tonight but ive come around to the thinking that the eels will be pumped/angry. dont know where souths improvement comes from at this stage.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 11:53 am

I don't bet on volatile games like tonight, too much can go wrong.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 13, 2016 12:08 pm

i shouldn't but i WANT to haha
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:i shouldn't but i WANT to haha

I have a few ex's you would love.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 1:09 pm

OKC win and through to the conference finals. I wonder what odds were on them after game one. I reckon 10:1 or so. Pretty mean effort, and Adams had another big game. Soon to be NZ's highest paid sportsperson looking like he will sign for close to max contract after next season, perhaps around $15 - $20 mill US per year I hear!!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Jesus H Christ. I thought there would have to be some sort of law against banning a punter for no reason other than winning. Reeks.

You would have to be coming out in front by thousands every month for them to consider booting you anyway, surely. The $20 bets would get you no where R & P or am i missing something again ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 13, 2016 1:15 pm

The Betting Thread - Page 13 Screen14

Its a bit sad i still have the screenie, but this is one of my better claims to fame in recent months.

When i was a youngen i would wager like most do, but now i only wager on rough results. Mostly haha
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Apologies for the huge pic.

How good was it to see OKC rip the Spurs apart in todays game. Roberson was impressive, looks one for the future indeed.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Revraiser wrote:Jesus H Christ. I thought there would have to be some sort of law against banning a punter for no reason other than winning. Reeks.

You would have to be coming out in front by thousands every month for them to consider booting you anyway, surely. The $20 bets would get you no where R & P or am i missing something again ?

Nah what I am saying re the $20 bets is that after winning some money (with no bet limit) the most common thing to happen is that they max your bet size to something like $20 so you can't really make any sizeable profit. Most of the time bookies would restrict me after I have made a decent amount of profit over a small time frame. I.e. several thousand in as short as a couple days or as much as a few weeks.

They can do it on a sports by sports basis too. For example one bookie maxed my best on Rugby 3 games into the last World Cup. I think  I got lucky with a first try-scorer and picked a couple games and that was it. Probably didn't make more than $500 or so.

It all seemed a bit ridiculous and thats why I don't really bet anymore.

I just find it all a bit odd cause you see these news stories of so called "pro" bettors placing massive bets etc, but in my experience, online at least, as soon as you make a few grand you get effectively locked out. So these so called "pro bettors" might be betting lots but I reckon they must be losing overall. I mean if bookies can boot anyone they want to why would they have clients who were costing them money? Just boot out all the successful bettors and keep the losers - best business model I think you could ever have right??

Nice bet by the way!! Love it when those roughies come in!!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Mmmm ok, that sounds ridiculous. I guess it is not the amount/timeframe. they just notice the technique and dont like it. Still not fair.

I have taken Unibet for a ride in my two week holiday, but they might like my loyalty queen
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 13, 2016 1:27 pm

But a bookie restricting you because you jag a few winners early doesn't seem right. Bastards

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 1:38 pm

Revraiser wrote:Apologies for the huge pic.

How good was it to see OKC rip the Spurs apart in todays game. Roberson was impressive, looks one for the future indeed.

Brilliant bet!

I think that the betting sites would go off a % rather than a dollar figure. If someone makes a million but loses most of it they would be happy to have him there because he has tendencies to lose.

William Hill eventually put a max bet on my Big Bash betting, was making a mint off them.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Brilliant bet!

I think that the betting sites would go off a % rather than a dollar figure. If someone makes a million but loses most of it they would be happy to have him there because he has tendencies to lose.

William Hill eventually put a max bet on my Big Bash betting, was making a mint off them.

Really, ive never heard of this. Im surprised. Ive cranked out a tick over 8k in the past three weeks with my agency, does that mean i might be tapped on the shoulder soon ! Haha.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Revraiser wrote:But a bookie restricting you because you jag a few winners early doesn't seem right. Bastards

Yeah I agree, but I've had both. I can understand them locking me out for a method, but I've also be banned for getting winners too.... Depends on the bookie though I guess, but certainly the amount comes into it as well.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 2:06 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Really, ive never heard of this. Im surprised. Ive cranked out a tick over 8k in the past three weeks with my agency, does that mean i might be tapped on the shoulder soon ! Haha.

Yeah Honeysett is probably right. E.g when I won my really big bet nothing happened, but thats probably cause before then I was a net loser at that agency.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 pm

i put $200 in ladbrokes to start the year and turned it into just over 2k balance in the first 4 weeks of the season and my account has been partially limited. 95% of my betting is $100 on line bets with the odd h2h, and i can still bet those no problems. oddly enough the things that are limited are when i try put $10 on a first try scorer bet (i maybe do one of these per round) and they only let me on for $3 or $4 generally. funny thing is i havent even jagged one yet this year. there were two normal sized bets of mine that were limited, $100 on the tigers h2h (verse titans @ 1.75). they only let me have $60 on it (bet lost anyway), and the other was $100 on ben hunt to score + bronx win, verse the knights, paying 3.40 (it won). they only let me on for $40.

stupid thing is i've had a shocker of a few weeks and the account is back down to about $800. ..still in front i guess..
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 3:02 pm

I think it's pretty wrong that they do this to punters. They should put restrictions from the start not when you're winning.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 5:17 pm

Honeysett wrote:I think it's pretty wrong that they do this to punters. They should put restrictions from the start not when you're winning.

Yup exactly, and its exactly the reason why, other than a few local bets now, I've givin it away entirely. It's completely unfair. They are more than happy to take money off you when you lose, but if you are winning its a different story. Also, I'm not sure what the deal is in OZ, but the NZ TAB, as rubbish as they are, have to give a big % of turnover back to local sports. I think that in effect they are government run. Which in itself brings up a whole lot of interesting questions... Overall though, because of the % pf money that goes back to the community Im happier making my odd bets through them instead of an international company.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 13, 2016 7:12 pm

You guys sound like you do alright out of betting. My biggest win was 300 quid of a 10 quid multi Smile
    Any tips or strategies for a budding newbie. Love all sport except curling.

Feel free to PM me if you want to

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:40 pm