NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

The Betting Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by my tv broke Mon May 09, 2016 4:54 pm

is there a history of upsets in the week following rep round? a weeks break in rugby league does funny things.

EDIT: hmm. looking at last years results, i reckon 8/8 favourites won that round.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon May 09, 2016 5:21 pm

sounds like Eels will be playing for points this week according to flog weidler.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon May 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Listening to Weidler is like shitting in your hand and clapping
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 10, 2016 4:16 pm

foran confirmed not playing and peats likely out of there. souths +6 looking alright
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 11, 2016 1:49 pm

5 Hurricanes players set to be stood down for their next game vs the Reds cause they went out on the piss too late. Could be worth a punt taking the Reds + the points. Bookies haven't updated. Don't know which 5 players though. If its big names then +17.5 could be a good option.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 12, 2016 12:04 pm

So 4 of the 5 guys out on the piss were current or ex All Blacks. Savea brothers, Cory Jane, Vito, and Eves. From a supporters point of view very disappointing. Warriors are my NRL team, and the blimp Canes are my Super Rugby team. No wonder neither have won a championship, the morons can't even follow basic team rules and act in a professional way.

From a betting perspective, pretty good news if you bet on the reds as the points start has come in by 4 or 5 points and the H2H come in a decent amount too. Free money if you decide to hedge now. Hope some people got on.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 12, 2016 12:43 pm

I reckon the Canes win anyway, Reds are horrible.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Revraiser wrote:I reckon the Canes win anyway, Reds are horrible.

Yup, I agree, hence why I would be for sure hedging this one.

But I the Reds were available @ $8 and +17.5 and now you can get the Canes at $1.2 and -12.5 so free money if you got on them early, and depending on how you play it potentially a big pay day if by chance the Canes win by 13-17 points Smile
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 13, 2016 10:57 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yup, I agree, hence why I would be for sure hedging this one.

But I the Reds were available @ $8 and +17.5 and now you can get the Canes at $1.2 and -12.5 so free money if you got on them early, and depending on how you play it potentially a big pay day if by chance the Canes win by 13-17 points Smile
    Are you an arber?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 11:23 am

Krump wrote:
    Are you an arber?

Not so much anymore, but when I was betting lots, for sure. Any chance to boost the balance risk free - why wouldn't you be? The trouble I found is that bookies kept banning me, or locking me out of certain sports or certain types of bets. It made me wonder how you can actually be a successful pro better? Some bookies shut me down within a few days of betting, sometimes off pretty small profits. As a result I'm just a small time bettor now, the whole thing got pretty frustrating.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 13, 2016 11:42 am

Since arbing is legal, is it ok for a bookie to close your account for no illegal reason ?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 11:49 am

Revraiser wrote:Since arbing is legal, is it ok for a bookie to close your account for no illegal reason ?

I'm misleading you a bit, in most cases my bet max is limited to $20 or so once I've made some profit, so in my mind, effectively closed. Only one bookie has actually banned me (my local). In all cases though when I ask why, the response is always something along the lines of "after reviewing your betting history our sports betting team have put restrictions on your account". If I ask for more detail, they just say they can't/won't say anymore and it is their prerogative. Also, just to be clear its not arbitrage that I am being shut down for, its simply winning too many bets (in specific sports and using specific methods/bet types).
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 am

Revraiser wrote:Since arbing is legal, is it ok for a bookie to close your account for no illegal reason ?

That being said, I had a mate who worked for the NZTAB and he said that international customers would use the NZTAB in arbitrage schemes and the TAB would ban them. If he was correct then it doesn't seem like theres any problem with turning people away if they want to.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 13, 2016 11:56 am

Basically yes, they can do it for whatever they want. The only ones that won't are pinnacle who only do sports betting and Betfair which isn't really a bookie but offers the best odds more often than not.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 13, 2016 11:58 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I'm misleading you a bit, in most cases my bet max is limited to $20 or so once I've made some profit, so in my mind, effectively closed. Only one bookie has actually banned me (my local). In all cases though when I ask why, the response is always something along the lines of "after reviewing your betting history our sports betting team have put restrictions on your account". If I ask for more detail, they just say they can't/won't say anymore and it is their prerogative. Also, just to be clear its not arbitrage that I am being shut down for, its simply winning too many bets (in specific sports and using specific methods/bet types).
    I've copped the same treatment from a couple that won't bet me on Tassie gallops anymore, I think Sportsbet gave @Honeysett the arse as well.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Krump wrote:
    I've copped the same treatment from a couple that won't bet me on Tassie gallops anymore, I think Sportsbet gave @Honeysett the arse as well.

Yep they're a bunch of cunts.

Wouldn't give me a reason but banned me. We went through my old account and the money I'd won accumulated to something like 220/1. I'd say they've got an algorithm that runs in their background and red flags any account that's making too much money.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 12:20 pm

My greatest ever bet was a live $10 bet on Aston Agar in his debut to top score for the Aussies. My mate works at Melbourne uni and said he'd heard he was a gun batsman and it's a tactic from boof and when they started slipping I put it on at 220/1. I remember being shattered that he didn't make his hundred and then realised I'd won over 2 grand. Sportingbet even put it on their twitter that only two punters made that bet live.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Haha, classic. Actually, I just remembered, I lost a decent amount of money on that Agar innings. I had OZ to score less than a particular total, and it was looking like it was easily gonna happen. I;m pretty sure I still had nearly 100 runs up my sleeve with 1 wicket to go then your bloke comes in, haha, u win some u lose some I guess,

No-one had anything on Leister then? 5000:1 I;ve never seen anything like that in all my betting!!

If you guys wanna PM me I have something that may interest you both. I don't really wanna post it on here though.

Bookies are all wankers though. Happy to take money off folk when they are losing, but as soon as anyone makes a few bob they find a way to shut you out.

Good luck with your bets.

Right, gonna sit down and watch my man Steven Adams beat the Spurs (no money on it, just loving the Thunder and Adams right now!!)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Honeysett wrote:My greatest ever bet was a live $10 bet on Aston Agar in his debut to top score for the Aussies. My mate works at Melbourne uni and said he'd heard he was a gun batsman and it's a tactic from boof and when they started slipping I put it on at 220/1. I remember being shattered that he didn't make his hundred and then realised I'd won over 2 grand. Sportingbet even put it on their twitter that only two punters made that bet live.
    Stories like that are the reason people have a bet. Bloody awesome when they come off.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Haha, classic. Actually, I just remembered, I lost a decent amount of money on that Agar innings. I had OZ to score less than a particular total, and it was looking like it was easily gonna happen. I;m pretty sure I still had nearly 100 runs up my sleeve with 1 wicket to go then your bloke comes in, haha, u win some u lose some I guess,

No-one had anything on Leister then? 5000:1 I;ve never seen anything like that in all my betting!!

If you guys wanna PM me I have something that may interest you both. I don't really wanna post it on here though.

Bookies are all wankers though. Happy to take money off folk when they are losing, but as soon as anyone makes a few bob they find a way to shut you out.

Good luck with your bets.

Right, gonna sit down and watch my man Steven Adams beat the Spurs (no money on it, just loving the Thunder and Adams right now!!)

Yeah I fucking hate the Spurs as well so cheering on OKC!

I wouldn't even in my wildest dreams may put money on Leicester, even if they were a million to one. I would never have thought they could do what they did.

Flick me a PM with what you've got in mind

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:48 pm