NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    The Music Thread

    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:58 am

    For those who may not have been introduced to them, Code Orange, long intro but it's worth it:

    precursor
    precursor

    Posts : 737
    Reputation : 597
    Join date : 2020-08-09

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by precursor Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:20 pm

    standard-issue wrote:

    I checked out more of Vein tonight and I like it!

    With Deftones, I flip flop between those 2 and Adrenaline.  I heard Around The Fur first so when I bought Adrenaline I thought it was a little week when I first heard it.  But I know better now and it just grooves so smoothly from start to finish.

    I don't think they've ever released an album that I dislike. Started listening at age 15 when Diamond Eyes came out but Around the Fur and White Pony were my first loves of theirs. I was watching one of those youtube reaction videos - which admittedly are pretty overdone - of these two hip hop/rnb fans listening to My Own Summer and their reaction to the song sort of reminded me how good it is.

    Also glad you enjoyed Vein. Very abrasive but I reckon they're onto something really interesting with their style.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 am

    A very mid 90's night tonight after chatting to a couple of mates I grew up with back home in Townsville  Very Happy

    Rollins Band-The Weight
    Whipping Boy-Heartworm
    Soundgarden-Superunknown
    Helmet-Betty

    I know right-all that's missing is The Crow soundtrack, well that's up next Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26635
    Reputation : 18838
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:07 am

    I got very into a guy who started out on youtube recently named Marc Rebillet
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 18554
    Reputation : 11411
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by filthridden Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:42 pm

    my tv broke wrote:I got very into a guy who started out on youtube recently named Marc Rebillet

    GET THE FUCK OUTTA BED BITCH!
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 18554
    Reputation : 11411
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by filthridden Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:43 pm

    Not sure if I mentioned it on here or not but T'Pain's cover of War Pigs was pretty enjoyable.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:09 am

    Sparta - Threes

    Sparta being the better half of the At The Drive In split over The Mars Volta IMHO.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10357
    Reputation : 7067
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by No Worries Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:33 am

    While we are on covers the mash up Daft Punk did of themselves and the Beastie Boys The Music Thread - Page 20 1f48b

    Google Daft Science
    OB
    OB

    Posts : 686
    Reputation : 781
    Join date : 2023-06-11
    Location : Melbourne

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by OB Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:34 pm

    I make music myself.



    This is my latest track I've released. It's been a couple years since I've dropped anything new, though.

    That's me doing the first verse. But beat is mine and I shot/edited/directed music video too.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:46 pm

    Obbeats wrote:I make music myself.



    This is my latest track I've released. It's been a couple years since I've dropped anything new, though.

    That's me doing the first verse. But beat is mine and I shot/edited/directed music video too.

    Mate, I'm in my late 40's and mostly listen to Metal and I've given this 4 views already!  The beat, the lyrics, the clip=amazing atmosphere.

    If you don't mind me asking-why haven't you done anything else the last few years?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:35 pm

    Pearl Jam-Binaural Very Happy
    OB
    OB

    Posts : 686
    Reputation : 781
    Join date : 2023-06-11
    Location : Melbourne

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by OB Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:36 am

    standard-issue wrote:

    Mate, I'm in my late 40's and mostly listen to Metal and I've given this 4 views already!  The beat, the lyrics, the clip=amazing atmosphere.

    If you don't mind me asking-why haven't you done anything else the last few years?

    Life and such. Lockdowns really put a halt to the collaborators being readily available and have been struggling to put pen to paper/beats to piano roll since then.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:07 am

    Sevendust-Home
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 947
    Reputation : 890
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:56 pm

    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:12 am

    OPETH-Damnation.  They dropped a semi acoustic album smack bang right in between 2 of their heaviest ever Metal outings  Laugh 3

    When I was 13 my Mum banned me from listening to Metallica after She saw Leper Messiah as a song title on my Puppets CD.  Damnation is that one album I reckon I could play to her now and get her fully in to Metal  Very Happy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 32816
    Reputation : 13149
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 39
    Location : Brisbane

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:43 pm

    standard-issue wrote:OPETH-Damnation.  They dropped a semi acoustic album smack bang right in between 2 of their heaviest ever Metal outings  Laugh 3

    When I was 13 my Mum banned me from listening to Metallica after She saw Leper Messiah as a song title on my Puppets CD.  Damnation is that one album I reckon I could play to her now and get her fully in to Metal  Very Happy

    There's some really nice songs on Damnation. Not one I revisit very often but the atmosphere of the whole thing is haunting and simply incredible. I think the whole contrast between that album and Deliverance was fabulous. Ghost Reveries is still my fav Opeth album but everything prior to that is magic. I've really unfortunately not been a fan of the last few albums. Really don't like the direction they have gone in.

    lol, Mums and metal. Leper Messiah, that's nothing haha.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:09 pm

    wolfking wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:OPETH-Damnation.  They dropped a semi acoustic album smack bang right in between 2 of their heaviest ever Metal outings  Laugh 3

    When I was 13 my Mum banned me from listening to Metallica after She saw Leper Messiah as a song title on my Puppets CD.  Damnation is that one album I reckon I could play to her now and get her fully in to Metal  Very Happy

    There's some really nice songs on Damnation.  Not one I revisit very often but the atmosphere of the whole thing is haunting and simply incredible.  I think the whole contrast between that album and Deliverance was fabulous.  Ghost Reveries is still my fav Opeth album but everything prior to that is magic. I've really unfortunately not been a fan of the last few albums.  Really don't like the direction they have gone in.

    lol, Mums and metal.  Leper Messiah, that's nothing haha.

    Yeah, Ghost Reveries for me as well-seeing The Grand Conjuration on Headbanger's Ball back in the day got me in to them.  Watershed was great as well but then yep, diverged way too far.  ICV was okay but everything in between, yeah, nah.

    I got into Porcupine Tree via Opeth-2 completely different bands, although both Prog.  I saw Akefeldt talking up Fear of a Blank Planet so I went and bought it.  Later I realised PT (or Steven Wilson) used to produce Opeth, haha, so a bit of bias maybe.

    Anyway, Fear of a Blank Planet is fukn awesome.  Genuine prog rock with some pretty riffs and very smart lyrics.  Was a Public Enemy fan back in the day as well so liked the album titles play on words for the new generation.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 19172
    Reputation : 9363
    Join date : 2015-08-03
    Age : 28

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by standard-issue Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:56 am

    Prince-Parade Very Happy  His best album overall in my opinion.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 32816
    Reputation : 13149
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 39
    Location : Brisbane

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by wolfking Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:30 am

    standard-issue wrote:

    Yeah, Ghost Reveries for me as well-seeing The Grand Conjuration on Headbanger's Ball back in the day got me in to them.  Watershed was great as well but then yep, diverged way too far.  ICV was okay but everything in between, yeah, nah.

    I got into Porcupine Tree via Opeth-2 completely different bands, although both Prog.  I saw Akefeldt talking up Fear of a Blank Planet so I went and bought it.  Later I realised PT (or Steven Wilson) used to produce Opeth, haha, so a bit of bias maybe.

    Anyway, Fear of a Blank Planet is fukn awesome.  Genuine prog rock with some pretty riffs and very smart lyrics.  Was a Public Enemy fan back in the day as well so liked the album titles play on words for the new generation.

    Watershed is where they started to lose me unfortunately. That's still a pretty solid album.

    I'm a pretty casual PT fan. Deadwing is my one real album from them I like, obviously becuase it's a little heavier but Blank Planet is not far behind, great atmosphere on that one. I don't mind some of the older ones like Lightbulb Sun and In Absentia. Those are both very good prog albums.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 18554
    Reputation : 11411
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Music Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Music Thread

    Post by filthridden Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:22 pm

    standard-issue wrote:Sevendust-Home

    Not only one of my favourite albums but Licking Creme and Waffle some of my top tracks of all time.
    Skin's vocals on Licking Creme just.... next level. Like nothing else.

      Current date/time is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:19 pm