NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:23 am

After not reading this Thread for the last Month, loving the juxtaposition of Revs advice on how to relate to da ladiez Very Happy

standard-issue
    standard-issue

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:27 am

Finch wrote:Well. The date went well, I think? First she greeted me with a hug. I never know if you should hug someone instantly or not, but anyway she did. Finally got to a bar, talked for a good hour or so, smidge more. She did say she was feeling a bit tired, but was enjoying my company. supposedly had a late night last night?  Of course have to take her word for it, hopefully she wasn’t bored lol. Probably sounds like she isn’t interested now, right?

But then, when we left the bar, walked a smidge more. She said that I’ll have to show her a picture of something next time, and that I’ll have to tell her about this thing (It’s on my dating profile, but I never once mentioned it) next time as well. I even asked her “So you think there will be a next time?” Said yes.

Got to her car, she gave another hug, and then we kissed twice, she initiated the first, I did the second.

I think this is good news? She’s very beautiful, wouldn’t surprise me if she wasn’t interested but, sounds like she might be?

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, she’s going away in May. She specifically said we’ll have to do something again in April, not May.

Reading through it was sounding 50/50-till the kiss. You have to go on that, and that She said She wants to catch up again before going away.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:33 am

Finchy. I am a man in his 40s who has been seeing the same woman since last century.

I couldn't possibly give you any relevant advice, but just want to say good luck with it, and it sounds like this girl is interested in you.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:34 am

standard-issue wrote:After not reading this Thread for the last Month, loving the juxtaposition of Revs advice on how to relate to da ladiez Very Happy

So how many dates before Finchy says his girl looks like Grug?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:36 am

Get out of your own head, dude.

You've downplayed yourself way too many times there, second guessing and assuming the worse. Get rid of that shit. Back when I was single I just assumed everyone wanted a second date, rolled with that confidence with everyone. It then just becomes natural.

Take it from me, I'm currently punching Merrins but I always have haha.

She said so many things to lead to a second date, don't second guess it. Have a wank and calm down. If you're not calm, have another one. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:05 am

standard-issue wrote:After not reading this Thread for the last Month, loving the juxtaposition of Revs advice on how to relate to da ladiez Very Happy

Shaken, not stirred Drug
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:07 am

Milchcow wrote:

So how many dates before Finchy says his girl looks like Grug?

Milch is probably right, the age and era's, advice could be fraught with danger.

I decided to keep Grug under wraps, went with mushroom 🍄 instead

Suspect

Last edited by Revraiser on Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:23 am

The good part about that is if she cracks it you can say you're just a fungi
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am

Thanks for all the advice. Yeah I'm always critical of myself, trying to snap out of it but sometimes it's hard, especially when you meet up with a beautiful woman Very Happy

Messaged a couple hours ago, good morning, had fun, see you next weekend kinda text. No reply yet. So I'll take it she isn't interested, was fun while it lasted Smile
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:02 pm

Finch, brother. Shut up, haha.

What's the advice you would give someone in your situation? Look how negative that last bit is, just relax mate. Go about your day. Enjoy your long weekend and whatever happens happens.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:Finch, brother. Shut up, haha.

What's the advice you would give someone in your situation? Look how negative that last bit is, just relax mate. Go about your day. Enjoy your long weekend and whatever happens happens.

Well she woke up sick. Can't meet next Saturday because already booked, going to a party.

Oh well.

Lol

Edit: And yes, I would give others the advice your giving, I just never follow it myself Very Happy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:26 pm

Finch wrote:

Well she woke up sick. Can't meet next Saturday because already booked, going to a party.

Oh well.

Lol

Edit: And yes, I would give others the advice your giving, I just never follow it myself Very Happy

You don't have to push anything to much Finch, if someone's interested it will happen. Try to be more casual like HS said, otherwise u will go mad
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:49 am

Further to the point above and adding on to what I've said, this negativity will lead to desperation and nothing is more off putting than a desperate man.

Completely unrelated, I've been painting our bathroom, laundry and toilet. Fuck, I've really enjoyed doing it. Put some music on, get that instant satisfaction of making something better. It's coming up good as well, which considering I haven't ever done it I'm pretty chuffed about
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:31 pm

Honeysett wrote:Further to the point above and adding on to what I've said, this negativity will lead to desperation and nothing is more off putting than a desperate man.

Completely unrelated, I've been painting our bathroom, laundry and toilet. Fuck, I've really enjoyed doing it. Put some music on, get that instant satisfaction of making something better. It's coming up good as well, which considering I haven't ever done it I'm pretty chuffed about

Thanks mate, yeah I agree. Actually went on a nice date earlier. Walked a bit and then played some cards on the beach (They mentioned they loved card games), so that was cool. Plus she lives very local Very Happy

Anyway, you should upload some pics of your bathroom for us? Very Happy
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:40 am

AITA?

I don't think this will go anywhere with this lady, but figured I'd post something anyway.

So I've been chatting to someone for..2 perhaps 3 days now in total. She lives a while away from where I live, but comes down every 2 weeks. That's fine.

Her profile on the apps, didn't mention her job like 99% of other people, so I assumed it was private/she didn't want people to know. She has a kid as well.

So around about 24 hours after chatting, she asked me why didn't I want to know her daughters name, why haven't I asked any questions about her? For me, I didn't think it was appropriate, we haven't even met yet, let alone only been chatting for 24 hours or so at that stage. She said her daughter was very important to her (I mean, obviously), and that my lack of interest in that was a red flag. She then sent me a picture of them?

Then yesterday, she essentially said "You don't even know what I do for work do you? I told you my career is important to me but you don't seem to care"

Now of course, when you start messaging people one of the most common first questions is essentially what do you do for work? The fact her profile didn't say that, I was assuming (Perhaps wrongly?) it was private. She didn't like that answer and said that I wasn't showing enough interest in her.

She is also upset at the fact I won't show her any pictures of my ex. Why is this important? I've told her no and that decision should be respected. She says I'm being too secretive and not showing much interest in her. As I mentioned earlier, we haven't even met yet, seems quite excessive?

She's now barely talking to me, but I do feel "bad", perhaps I've been wrong? Or am I right and she's just going far to fast with everything? Would love some feedback please...
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:46 pm

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 4 Giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952kwubi2c5gbc3087n0utw4j45p0py765eqcj9zlm9&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:54 pm

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 4 Dodge-evade

Why the fuck does she want to see your ex?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:58 pm

Thanks folks.

Thought perhaps I was just misreading the situation or something Very Happy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:12 pm

Crikey, I'd stay away Finch. Some of those things say so much. She'd make u miserable.

To say u don't care for whatever reason after 2 or 3 days is ludicrous. Ur meeting someone on a dating app, the focus is the person, do u like her,do u even want to chat with her, for her to think u not asking about her daughter that early is a flag.. just move on mate.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:00 pm

She's asking to see the ex because she's insecure about herself. She wants to see if she's more attractive and if she's not she's then going to accuse you of all types of shit after the fact.

I would tell her there's a reason she's a single mum and fuck her off.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:54 pm