NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble - Page 8 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:45 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Let's get some discussion going

Brett Hodgson vs Clinton Schifcofske, do you want the consistency of Schifcofske or the upside from Hodgson?

Mark Gasnier vs Matt Cooper, the flashy attack of Gasnier vs the reliable defense of Cooper?

Do you pay the premium for Kurt Gidley given he averages 11 higher than the next best half? Or do you chase some value?

Which tackle bot 2RF do you want? Paul Gallen, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Kennedy

Do you go with future fantasy immortal Corey Parker or the already established Dallas Johnson?

Do you lock in a work horse prop like Shane Webcke, Luke Bailey or Jason Ryles?

Is it too early for Sam Thaiday, Matt Scott, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles and Simon Mannering to make the jump to rep players?

Is this a break out year for future fantasy stars Michael Gordon, Adam Cuthbertson, William Zillman* and Luke Douglas?

I dont have a single one of any of the players in this post.

I feel like from all the comments so far, that my team is really different to anyone elses. It surprises me as I see it as being a pretty standard team, where I havent tried to get too tricky, by going for any PODs, just generally gone for what I see as those that I know become guns and trying to pick value.
    filthridden
    filthridden

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble - Page 8 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Brett Hodgson vs Clinton Schifcofske, do you want the consistency of Schifcofske or the upside from Hodgson?

Mark Gasnier vs Matt Cooper, the flashy attack of Gasnier vs the reliable defense of Cooper?

Do you pay the premium for Kurt Gidley given he averages 11 higher than the next best half? Or do you chase some value?

Do you go with future fantasy immortal Corey Parker or the already established Dallas Johnson?

Is it too early for Sam Thaiday, Matt Scott, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles and Simon Mannering to make the jump to rep players?

Is this a break out year for future fantasy stars Michael Gordon, Adam Cuthbertson, William Zillman* and Luke Douglas?

I have two players from those mentioned and quite frankly I already have my eyes half a dozen or so of them with another dozen or so that you haven't mentioned.
    No chance in hell anyone has picked both the same centres as me, and I'd be surprised if anyone started with either one of them to be honest!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 pm

I got nothing. I have Dallas Johnson and Webcke though, only cause I know them.......
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:54 pm

mattnz wrote:

I dont have  a single one of any of the players in this post.

I feel like from all the comments so far, that my team is really different to anyone elses. It surprises me as I see it as being a pretty standard team, where I havent tried to get too tricky, by going for any PODs, just generally gone for what I see as those that I know become guns and trying to pick value.

haha, this surprises you mate?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm

You guys know this is the fantasy thread not the know your shittos thread right?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:You guys know this is the fantasy thread not the know your shittos thread right?

I'm scared to put my team in now   cheer
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:32 pm

How does anyone know if their team is a POD or not without knowing who other people are picking?

Most people have a POD score of 90-100 (add up the total ownership numbers of all their players)

The most PODy team owns 10 unique players (and its not mattnz)

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Shall we start posting our teams? Not like it’s a secret we all do it in the usual fantasy thread don’t we Very Happy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Welshy wrote:Shall we start posting our teams? Not like it’s a secret we all do it in the usual fantasy thread don’t we Very Happy

This is way more competitive than regular fantasy Laughing Laughing
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:22 pm

This was also the time of 12 interchanges so current fantasy rules may not apply(80 minute hookers and second rowers)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:26 pm

If we lose the current season and were to do this again, full game replays of all games (and match highlights), are available on nrl.com for all games in 2010. Could be an option to do that season at some point.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Welshy wrote:Shall we start posting our teams? Not like it’s a secret we all do it in the usual fantasy thread don’t we Very Happy

Its funny how everyone is secretive in this, but happy to post in a normal season.

I think it may be the difference between being one of 100k teams and trying to get a competitive advantage as a group vs this where there will be <20 teams and everyone here is your direct competition.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:30 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

This is way more competitive than regular fantasy Laughing Laughing

multiple.scoregasms wrote:This was also the time of 12 interchanges so current fantasy rules may not apply(80 minute hookers and second rowers)
    Haha that is true although I don’t mind posting mine, I don’t think it will change and actually wouldn’t mind some Guidance, haha

The second bit I thought about, but don’t have the knowledge fully so took some pokes on guys I thought were underpriced instead of all out on the higher priced ones

Everyone of the guys I’ve picked is either starting R1 or on the bench, got a good few backs to get the 80 minutes and hopefully bag some early tries
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:32 pm

mattnz wrote:

Its funny how everyone is secretive in this, but happy to post in a normal season.

I think it may be the difference between being one of 100k teams and trying to get a competitive advantage as a group vs this where there will be <20 teams and everyone here is your direct competition.

Still all done to luck though really I don’t think people posting will make others change too much but then again I could be very wrong 😂

I think I picked more on player name at league level more than fantasy which could backfire for me but it’s only a game
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:38 pm

I have two of those players named
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Welshy wrote:

Still all done to luck though really I don’t think people posting will make others change too much but then again I could be very wrong 😂

I think I picked more on player name at league level more than fantasy which could backfire for me but it’s only a game

It is very close to super coach scoring so will come down to players that score a try each week
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:46 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

It is very close to super coach scoring so will come down to players that score a try each week

For sure so far more luck involved I think and you don’t get all the TBs which usually come with them

I don’t mind discussing players and my thoughts, I agonised over halves the most I think. With no TAs awarded and KM not being a thing I was looking more at running halves went 1 GUN in Thurston who I’m hoping also kicked conversions and perceived value in Cronk. Cronk is my worry with no TAs and no conversion extras but surely scores more than the 4 tries in year previous

I went with Thurston over Lockyer because surely Locky loses some Of those conversion attempts to Parker
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:53 pm

mattnz wrote:

i think the difference is for normal season, all stats are public knowledge, so if you mention how good Joe Stimson is in the 2nd row, you are just talking about stats everyone can see.

In this comp, if you remember that Player X has a great season, that's information other people can't just look up themselves without cheating, so that's why its a bit moroe secretive
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm

I've gone for perceived value in the halves

I think any starting half priced under 30 is under priced, so I've gone with Tim Smith, Shane Perry and Brent Sherwin
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Welshy wrote:

For sure so far more luck involved I think and you don’t get all the TBs which usually come with them

I don’t mind discussing players and my thoughts, I agonised over halves the most I think. With no TAs awarded and KM not being a thing I was looking more at running halves went 1 GUN in Thurston who I’m hoping also kicked conversions and perceived value in Cronk. Cronk is my worry with no TAs and no conversion extras but surely scores more than the 4 tries in year previous

I went with Thurston over Lockyer because surely Locky loses some Of those conversion attempts to Parker

Cronk played 11 of his 20 games in the 2005 season off the bench (and still hasnt made my side)

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:44 am