NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble - Page 7 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:34 pm

filthridden wrote:I think the hardest thing is we won't know what happened to a player who suddenly doesn't get named.
    1 week Suspension? Dropped? ACL and gone for the season? Left the club entirely? We'll have no idea :/

I've been thinking about that. At the very least. I'll try and let people know when players never play first grade again.

Beyond that, not quite sure how to handle injury reports
    code delta
    code delta

NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble - Page 7 Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

Post by code delta Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:38 pm

Chewie wrote:Good to see you guys giving 2006 a crack!
    I've PMed milch my team .........
    even though I don't really remember 2006.
    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble - Page 7 Giphy

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I've been thinking about that. At the very least. I'll try and let people know when players never play first grade again.

Yeah, its an interesting one.

I was thinking that there wouldn't be injury reports. My plan was to bench a missing player for a week then punt if they miss a second game. All depending if I have enough scorers etc. Could hold for a week or two more if bench is scoring well.

Although, I guess we could ask in the thread? I dont want to create any extra work for you though.

Hey Milchy, Scott Prince hasn't been named for rd2. Any news?
    Hey VK, Prince caught his cock in his zipper*. Back for rd3^.
    Thanks boss

*doesn't have to be factual
    ^helpful info
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Taking it way too far mate. Don’t need to do that

Just check the teamsheets guys and make your 2 trades each week

No crazy AE Complexity and no captain was the right call

Keep trades simple too for your own sanity
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:I'm most looking forward to calling everyone cheats  Fishing

.... especially when/if I'm losing.

Will be pretty obvious when people’s trades have nothing to do with the week before or point chasing

Loads of people making future view moves that aren’t point chasing and I’ll just find a new thread and stick to shittos!

Fortunately no money on the line so complete wankers if looking at actual results or stats
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:02 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Will be pretty obvious when people’s trades have nothing to do with the week before or point chasing

Have looked at the teams, and the round 1 scores.
    So far the top 3 scoring players from round 1 appear less frequently in teams than the bottom scoring 3 players from round 1.

If you guys are cheating, you are doing a bad job of it.

Also team selection has good variety
    I've entered 10 teams so far (with a couple more in my inbox awaiting input) noone is in every team, with the most popular player in 8 out of 10 teams
    104 unique players have been selected

A few players picked who don't play round 1, but I've double checked that everyone selected so far plays at some point during the season.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:05 am

Good to hear!!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:23 am

Waiting to see how many people have picked the guys I think are "under priced". GM has been around the block for a while so probably has a similar eye to past guns as I do.

In regards to cheating, we know the game play style of most people having played together for quite a while. If VK doesn't captain* a back at some point we will know he has been cheating Wink

I expect the most popular players to be a certain winger from the eventual premiers and a centre for the minor premiers

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:46 am

It’s probably a year or 2 before I really got into fantasy but I know some of the supreme guns of years past and most named

there’s a few I see on the bench who I’ll be targeting when they start, I think at the moment I haven’t got the ultra guns playing but a load of mid rangers I hope become the fantasy guns this year when they are priced unders

I know there’s a few warriors severely underpriced to start
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:41 am

Haven't looked at my team again since the weekend so will probably just send that through tomorrow. Happy to give it a crack and hopefully I will be able to see it through.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:10 am

Milchcow wrote:

Have looked at the teams, and the round 1 scores.
    So far the top 3 scoring players from round 1 appear less frequently in teams than the bottom scoring 3 players from round 1.

If you guys are cheating, you are doing a bad job of it.

Also team selection has good variety
    I've entered 10 teams so far (with a couple more in my inbox awaiting input) noone is in every team, with the most popular player in 8 out of 10 teams
    104 unique players have been selected

A few players picked who don't play round 1, but I've double checked that everyone selected so far plays at some point during the season.

I accidentally came across the information that one of my players was a try scorer in round one. I was stoked! Decided I wouldn't change my team from there.
    Checked my team and it turns out I didn't include him anyway and instead went with a player who doesn't play round one. Whoops.

Definitely picked one player not playing round one on purpose though.

Note: I gave my team to Milchy days ago and won't be making and adjustments.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:11 pm

Welsh boys are in! I was looking for fucking ages for Gallen and Hindy and then read the rules and realised they started with a bye and Hindy was on the pine lol!

I kept a fair sum back to grab one of them in a few weeks! Thought WFB was tough, went with an obvious pick a cheapie and an absolute game legend, didn’t want to chuck a load of cash there because I didn’t recognise as many of the players

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Think I'm done tinkering so going to lock in my squad

Structure I've gone with 1 WFB keeper, 1 CTR keeper, 1 2RF keeper, 1 HOK keeper and chased value everywhere else

EDIT: I've also included 1 non player that will be getting a start for me in round 2
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Waiting to see how many people have picked the guys I think are "under priced". GM has been around the block for a while so probably has a similar eye to past guns as I do.

In regards to cheating, we know the game play style of most people having played together for quite a while. If VK doesn't captain* a back at some point we will know he has been cheating Wink

I expect the most popular players to be a certain winger from the eventual premiers and a centre for the minor premiers

Cb: *checks team*
    *checks Wikipedia*
    *sighs in relief*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:01 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Think I'm done tinkering so going to lock in my squad

Structure I've gone with 1 WFB keeper, 1 CTR keeper, 1 2RF keeper, 1 HOK keeper and chased value everywhere else

EDIT: I've also included 1 non player that will be getting a start for me in round 2

To be honest, I don't know where the value is haha. So, I have more 'guns' and spreading my risk by picking most (all?) of the starting rookies.

Current mix is 7 guns, 3 mid pricers and 11 players under 350k.

Actually, yeah - I think that's a bit fucked...

All players are named for rd1
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

To be honest, I don't know where the value is haha. So, I have more 'guns' and spreading my risk by picking most (all?) of the starting rookies.

If I've picked the year right from my memory there are 2 keepers in the 600-700k range and 1 in the 300-400k range. If I'm wrong I'll be burning trades early

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:19 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If I've picked the year right from my memory there are 2 keepers in the 600-700k range and 1 in the 300-400k range. If I'm wrong I'll be burning trades early

Cheat. Don't use your memory Wink

Edit, I think I've got the 300-400 player. I don't have anyone 600-700k... EEEP! Hopefully I can jump on when they show some early signs

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

Yeah I've got NFI as well. This falls right in the middle between being obsessed with footy growing up and being obsessed with fantasy for me. I knew I was in trouble when I didn't recognise a couple of Dragons players.

I have 11 players under 400k, 7 above 600k, 3 in the middle. Tried to just pick 21 players starting R1 and skewed towards teams without early byes... although when half my cheapies are in NSW Cup by R4 thats going to look pretty pointless.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Let's get some discussion going

Brett Hodgson vs Clinton Schifcofske, do you want the consistency of Schifcofske or the upside from Hodgson?

Mark Gasnier vs Matt Cooper, the flashy attack of Gasnier vs the reliable defense of Cooper?

Do you pay the premium for Kurt Gidley given he averages 11 higher than the next best half? Or do you chase some value?

Which tackle bot 2RF do you want? Paul Gallen, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Kennedy

Do you go with future fantasy immortal Corey Parker or the already established Dallas Johnson?

Do you lock in a work horse prop like Shane Webcke, Luke Bailey or Jason Ryles?

Is it too early for Sam Thaiday, Matt Scott, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles and Simon Mannering to make the jump to rep players?

Is this a break out year for future fantasy stars Michael Gordon, Adam Cuthbertson, William Zillman* and Luke Douglas?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Let's get some discussion going

Brett Hodgson vs Clinton Schifcofske, do you want the consistency of Schifcofske or the upside from Hodgson?

Mark Gasnier vs Matt Cooper, the flashy attack of Gasnier vs the reliable defense of Cooper?

Do you pay the premium for Kurt Gidley given he averages 11 higher than the next best half? Or do you chase some value?

Which tackle bot 2RF do you want? Paul Gallen, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Kennedy

Do you go with future fantasy immortal Corey Parker or the already established Dallas Johnson?

Do you lock in a work horse prop like Shane Webcke, Luke Bailey or Jason Ryles?

Is it too early for Sam Thaiday, Matt Scott, Luke Lewis, Nate Myles and Simon Mannering to make the jump to rep players?

Is this a break out year for future fantasy stars Michael Gordon, Adam Cuthbertson, William Zillman* and Luke Douglas?

I only have 1 player out of all those mentioned (Fitzgibbon) though to be fair most of the future guns are named on interchange or not named for R1

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am