NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:31 am


    OK here are the rules* (Rules are subject to change based on how complex this turns out to be, but I will do my best not to screw anyone over. I've put some notes on rules I am unsure of)

    Pick a 21 man squad that fits a $9.8million salary cap to compete in the 2006 fantasy season
    Team must match positional requirements as per the 2020 fantasy comp (3 WFB, 2CTR, 2 HLF, 3 2RF, 2 FRF 1 HOK, 8 man bench with no position requirement)

    Excel team picker available here to assist with team selection
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/3tpypomkw2ll9fi/2006_Team_Planner.xlsm/file

    (note on the team picker - Games Played = 0 doesn't necessarily mean 0 games played last year, it can also mean I just didn't have stats available - some of the guys with 0 stats definitely played in 2005)

    Pick 17 players to play each week, and rank sub based on order of preference.
    No double point captain.
    There is no ability to change team selections after lockout for each gameweek.


    You will be able to make 2 trades every game week (a game week may consist of 1 or more NRL rounds)
    With 4 trades available before gameweek involving NRL rounds 11 and 17

    Players prices will change based on their performance similar to how they would in the 2020 Fantasy season.
    Note that with 2 NRL rounds between trades, some players may have their price change wildly without the ability to trade them in/out. I may put a cap on price rises/falls if this gets out of hand

    Trades must be cap compliant - it will be on the onus of the coach to check that they are able to afford trades at players current prices. An excel sheet with current prices will be made available every round.

    You won't be able to save trades. Any trades not used in a given gameweek are lost.
    new trades will be allocated every game week - it won't be possible to run out of trades


    Scoring is as follows

    Tries 17 points
    Goals 2 points
    Field Goals 5 points
    Run metres 1 per 10 points
    Tackles 1 point
    Line break 10 points
    Offloads 4 points
    Errors -2 points
    Kicks in play 1 point


    17 players will score each week. As mentioned before , no double point captains
    In the event one of the named 17 players doesn't play, then the next ranked NPR will score as an auto emergency - regardless of position)
    Number of AEs allowed each week TBA (note: am trying to balance ability to cover byes/injuries with major loopholing of deliberately selecting non players)


    The first game week will consist of NRL round 1, 2006
    Afterwards game weeks will consist of 2 NRL rounds each - I will publish final team lists of each NRL round before gameweek lockout to assist with team selection)
    NRL round 26 (final round of the season) will also be a standalone round.


    Exact schedule TBA but will be something like open trades and publish results/new prices on Monday, trades close on Friday and publish results over the weekend.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:32 am


    Once selected, please send me your teams via PM

    Deadline is midday Friday 3rd April.
    Game results will start being released that weekend.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:33 am


    Round 1 teams

    Wests Tigers: Hodgson (C), Fitzhenry, Collis, Whatuira, Lolesi; Marshall, Prince; Gibbs, Farah, Skandalis, Laffranchi, Galea, Fulton. Int: Crockett, Galloway, O'Hara, Payten.
    St George Illawarra: Greenshields, Simmonds, Gasnier, Cooper, Naiqama; Barrett (C), Hornby; Bailey, Young, Ryles, Payne, Sims, Price. Int: Poore, Henderson, Bickerstaff, Gorrell.

    Newcastle: Thaiday, Carney, Gidley, Carmont, Quinn; Gidley, Johns (C); Smith, Buderus, Perry, Simpson, Newton, Tanner. Int: Woolnough, Tolar, Brown, Reynoldson.
    Parramatta: McKinnon, Burt, Smith, Tahu, Grothe; Morris, Smith; Cayless (C), Marsh, Stringer, Morrison, Robinson, Wagon. Int: Hindmarsh, Widders, Cordoba, Vella.

    Bulldogs: Patten, El Masri, Maitua, Tonga, Utai; Holdsworth, Sherwin; Armit, Hughes, Asotasi, Mason, Ryan (C), Grimaldi. Int: Perry, O'Meley, Myles, Emelio.
    Penrith: Wesser, Hookey, Galea, Lewis, Youngquest; Campbell, Gower; Clinton, Priddis, Stapleton, Cross, Puletua (C), Rodney. Int: Puletua, Norrie, Swain, O'Halloran.

    Manly Warringah: Stewart, Stephenson, Bell, Matai, Hicks; Monaghan, Orford; King, Dunley, Kite, Menzies, Watmough, Kennedy (C). Int: Burns, Williamson, Leuluai, Bryant.
    Canberra: Schifcofske (C), Purtell, Graham, Howell, Mogg; Smith, Withers; Raston, Woolford, Thompson, Jones, Croker, Tongue. Int: Carney, Martin, Learoyd-Lahrs, Miller.

    Warriors: Webb, Martin, Ropati, Toopi, Vatuvei; Faumuina, Fien; Wiki, Hohaia, Price (C), Guttenbeil, Luck, Anderson. Int: Koopu, Rovelli, Tuimavave, Lauaki.
    Melbourne: Slater, Geyer, King, Inglis, Webster; Hill, Cronk; Kaufusi, Smith, Crossman, Kidwell (C), Crocker, Johnson. Int: White, Hoffman, Donnelly, Turner.

    South Sydney: Polglase, Merritt, Hegarty, Gordon, Mellor; Sutton, Walker; Cusack (C), Webb, Geddes, Fa'alogo, Stuart, Rigon. Int: Lowe, Manuokafoa, Galuvao, Young.
    Sydney: Minichiello, Roberts, Cross, Soliola, Perrett; Anasta, Soward; Morley, Finch, Fitzgibbon (C), Shillington, Flannery, Harrison. Int: Tupou, Wing, Paea, Shackleton.

    Brisbane: Hunt, Michaels, Hodges, Berrigan, Boyd; Lockyer (C), Perry; Webcke, McGuire, Civoniceva, Carlaw, Stagg, Costigan. Int: Seymour, Ennis, Hannant, Thorn.
    North Queensland: Bowen, Sweeney, Williams, Bowman, Sing; Thurston, Firman; Sargent, Payne, Tronc, O'Donnell, Lillyman, Norton (C). Int: Faiumu, Southern, Smith, Scott.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 pm

    In terms of honesty system are we allowed to research 2005 stats, or just using what you have made available in the sheet?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:49 pm

    Also assuming that all players in the team planner get atleast 1 game in 2006, no red dot all year players?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:49 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:In terms of honesty system are we allowed to research 2005 stats, or just using what you have made available in the sheet?

    You can research whatever 2005 stats you can find.

    Its up to you to make sure you don't look at 2006 stats when doing so. I imagine that at some places it might be hard to look at 2005 data without having 2006 data available at the same time, but there is nothing against researching pre-2006 data
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:52 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:Also assuming that all players in the team planner get atleast 1 game in 2006, no red dot all year players?

    I have not deliberately left in any players who played 0 games for our comp.

    I did remove a bunch of players, but can not 100% guarantee that I caught them all.

    Interesting note on this topic. Brett Morris debuted in 2006, but Josh Morris had to wait until 2007

    There were a few players who played in 2005 and 2007, but not 2006 (and if I accidentally included anyone who didn't play in 2006 then this is the sort of player it would be)
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 3619
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by mattnz on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:03 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Round 1 teams

    Wests Tigers: Hodgson (C), Fitzhenry, Collis, Whatuira, Lolesi; Marshall, Prince; Gibbs, Farah, Skandalis, Laffranchi, Galea, Fulton. Int: Crockett, Galloway, O'Hara, Payten.
    St George Illawarra: Greenshields, Simmonds, Gasnier, Cooper, Naiqama; Barrett (C), Hornby; Bailey, Young, Ryles, Payne, Sims, Price. Int: Poore, Henderson, Bickerstaff, Gorrell.

    Newcastle: Thaiday, Carney, Gidley, Carmont, Quinn; Gidley, Johns (C); Smith, Buderus, Perry, Simpson, Newton, Tanner. Int: Woolnough, Tolar, Brown, Reynoldson.
    Parramatta: McKinnon, Burt, Smith, Tahu, Grothe; Morris, Smith; Cayless (C), Marsh, Stringer, Morrison, Robinson, Wagon. Int: Hindmarsh, Widders, Cordoba, Vella.

    Bulldogs: Patten, El Masri, Maitua, Tonga, Utai; Holdsworth, Sherwin; Armit, Hughes, Asotasi, Mason, Ryan (C), Grimaldi. Int: Perry, O'Meley, Myles, Emelio.
    Penrith: Wesser, Hookey, Galea, Lewis, Youngquest; Campbell, Gower; Clinton, Priddis, Stapleton, Cross, Puletua (C), Rodney. Int: Puletua, Norrie, Swain, O'Halloran.

    Manly Warringah: Stewart, Stephenson, Bell, Matai, Hicks; Monaghan, Orford; King, Dunley, Kite, Menzies, Watmough, Kennedy (C). Int: Burns, Williamson, Leuluai, Bryant.
    Canberra: Schifcofske (C), Purtell, Graham, Howell, Mogg; Smith, Withers; Raston, Woolford, Thompson, Jones, Croker, Tongue. Int: Carney, Martin, Learoyd-Lahrs, Miller.

    Warriors: Webb, Martin, Ropati, Toopi, Vatuvei; Faumuina, Fien; Wiki, Hohaia, Price (C), Guttenbeil, Luck, Anderson. Int: Koopu, Rovelli, Tuimavave, Lauaki.
    Melbourne: Slater, Geyer, King, Inglis, Webster; Hill, Cronk; Kaufusi, Smith, Crossman, Kidwell (C), Crocker, Johnson. Int: White, Hoffman, Donnelly, Turner.

    South Sydney: Polglase, Merritt, Hegarty, Gordon, Mellor; Sutton, Walker; Cusack (C), Webb, Geddes, Fa'alogo, Stuart, Rigon. Int: Lowe, Manuokafoa, Galuvao, Young.
    Sydney: Minichiello, Roberts, Cross, Soliola, Perrett; Anasta, Soward; Morley, Finch, Fitzgibbon (C), Shillington, Flannery, Harrison. Int: Tupou, Wing, Paea, Shackleton.

    Brisbane: Hunt, Michaels, Hodges, Berrigan, Boyd; Lockyer (C), Perry; Webcke, McGuire, Civoniceva, Carlaw, Stagg, Costigan. Int: Seymour, Ennis, Hannant, Thorn.
    North Queensland: Bowen, Sweeney, Williams, Bowman, Sing; Thurston, Firman; Sargent, Payne, Tronc, O'Donnell, Lillyman, Norton (C). Int: Faiumu, Southern, Smith, Scott.

    Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but is it possible to know the positions they are playing in each week?

    The original format you posted was ideal like this:

    Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra

    Fullback Brett Hodgson Clint Greenshields
    Winger Daniel Fitzhenry Reece Simmonds
    Centre Dean Collis Mark Gasnier
    Centre Paul Whatuira Matt Cooper
    Winger Jamaal Lolesi Wes Naiqama
    Five-eighth Benji Marshall Trent Barrett
    Halfback Scott Prince Ben Hornby
    Prop Bryce Gibbs Luke Bailey
    Hooker Robbie Farah Dean Young
    Prop John Skandalis Jason Ryles
    2nd Row Anthony Laffranchi Corey Payne
    2nd Row Ben Galea Ashton Sims
    Lock Liam Fulton Andrew Price
    Interchange Michael Crockett Justin Poore
    Interchange Keith Galloway Michael Henderson
    Interchange Ryan O'Hara Matt Bickerstaff
    Interchange Todd Payten Aaron Gorrell

    Also could we please have the draw of what teams each team is playing each week of the season, as I don't think I have seen it, if available.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:11 pm

    Those lineups are in position order

    The lineups I created the other day involved a bit of manual stuffing to format like that, so I won't be doing that each week

    I'll see if I can find a draw that doesn't include the results
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:12 pm

    Here's a draw you can use
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/2006-nrl-draw/
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:37 pm

    Team entered. It's a struggle to find those cash cows without prior knowledge which should make things interesting
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm

    Important Note:

    Dean Young was entered incorrectly in the original sheet - he should be $670,000, not $246,000

    Will update sheet now but if you've already downloaded it just keep a note.

    I'll only update prices for technical errors, not errors/omissions of judgement - but Dean Young was accidentally priced at an average of 0, despite having stats available.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 pm

    Good call we don't want anyone to be an auto pick and ruin the balance. I'll resubmit a team soon. On a related note I believe similar has happened with Craig Wing but looks like you have manually bumped price
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:48 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:Good call we don't want anyone to be an auto pick and ruin the balance. I'll resubmit a team soon. On a related note I believe similar has happened with Craig Wing but looks like you have manually bumped price

    You're right, Craig Wing $590k

    Just scanning now to see if there were any others

    OK I think those were the only 2.

    Every other bargain is at least partially deliberate


    Last edited by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:49 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    You're right, Craig Wing $590k

    Just scanning now to see if there were any others

    They were the only two I found where games played >0 and fantasy average =0
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 355
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:16 pm

    All I can say Milchy is well done. What an effort. I can assure you that my wife hates you already!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 355
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:17 pm

    All I can say Milchy is well done. What an effort. I can assure you that my wife hates you already!
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

    Posts : 3997
    Reputation : 2014
    Join date : 2017-03-28
    Age : 69
    Location : Climbing out of a very dark place

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Verbal Kint on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:42 pm

    I've done most of a team now. Mainly going for names I know for guns and named cheapies. I might need to scramble to fix things up in the early rounds
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 3124
    Reputation : 1347
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:43 pm

    @Verbal Kint wrote:I've done most of a team now. Mainly going for names I know for guns and named cheapies. I might need to scramble to fix things up in the early rounds

    Hard to choose too many nailed on cheapies. I'll probably go through team lists again and see if I have missed anyone essentially
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12561
    Reputation : 5937
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble Empty Re: NRLFF 2006 Fantasy thread - part 2 Let's get ready to rumble

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm

    I've had 2 teams sent in so far, and i think they only had 4 players in common, so I'll take that as a good sign that the pricing will allow for variety in teams

      Current date/time is Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:42 pm