NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19  - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 am

Pookus McFly wrote:playing Stimson has still got me down.
    I could have taken on the chin it if it was later in the round, but having your score ruined for the week in the first 20 minutes of football is so disheartening when you look forward to the games all week.
    Never ceases to amaze me how much this game can affect my emotional state, I was so pumped for 4 days of football and now all my enthusiasm has all suddenly dissipated.

On a silver lining, I played my first game of Draftstars last night and won $80.
    Not sure why I havn't gotten into this sooner.

Yeah, it's amazing how this stupid game knocks you for six when things fuck up for you. Still plenty of opportunities gor others to make up for it mate.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19  - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:44 am

In that Raiders back line I feel sorry for Simonsson. With the great opening draw he could rack up the points but unfortunately he's outside ball hog Croker so he ain't seeing any ball. Mind you last week he spent some of the game at f/b when CNK went off & even then he did nothing.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:44 am

Me selling Stimson yesterday was a great decision. Started off guns blazing in first 10 minutes then it looked like he just ran out of breath.

Now to mull over all day if I should sell Musgrove or save a trade. Would have 461K to spend if I did sell and only really looking at Guler or Flegler, but I feel Musgrove could have an outstanding game and then everyone will be doing next week to him what they are doing this week to Guler and Flegler.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:51 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Me selling Stimson yesterday was a great decision. Started off guns blazing in first 10 minutes then it looked like he just ran out of breath.

Now to mull over all day if I should sell Musgrove or save a trade. Would have 461K to spend if I did sell and only really looking at Guler or Flegler, but I feel Musgrove could have an outstanding game and then everyone will be doing next week to him what they are doing this week to Guler and Flegler.

Yeah I noticed Stimson looked phucked after only about 10-15 mins & I was thinking what have you been doing all pre season.
    You could show some faith with Musgrove like the Hess owners did with him. Both Guler & Flegler with troops returning that could affect their minutes but if I was going to pick 1 it would be Flegler because he's starting. However who can predict the future maybe both Guler & Flegler play so well they can't be dropped.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:54 am

@Dttragic2016 hasn't plugged it himself, but he's launched a website this week

https://sporttechdaily.com/

And one of the first articles is an interview with a Stimson owner
    check it out here

https://sporttechdaily.com/fantasy-and-tips/fantasy-sport-expert-chris-aka-milchcow-podcast-episode/
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:56 am

White Lightning wrote:In that Raiders back line I feel sorry for Simonsson. With the great opening draw he could rack up the points but unfortunately he's outside ball hog Croker so he ain't seeing any ball. Mind you last week he spent some of the game at f/b when CNK went off & even then he did nothing.
    I legit have no idea why this gets trotted out all the time. It's so far from the truth its crazy.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Archer, thought I was in a bit of trouble with our bet after Hess's performance last week. Got very lucky last night, but looks like with all those middies putting up terrible scores your strategy might not have been as bad as I thought. Kudos to backing yourself
    It's still early days and TBH i was disappointed with both Hess and Scott for the same reason last week, not a lot of attacking involvement, mind you Scott looked a bit more likely. Hess upped it somewhat this week, lets see if Scott can keep up.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 am

Archer wrote:
    I legit have no idea why this gets trotted out all the time. It's so far from the truth its crazy.

Mostly Croker only passes when he's tackled not before. He always goes for himself first.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 am

Archer wrote:
    It's still early days and TBH i was disappointed with both Hess and Scott for the same reason last week, not a lot of attacking involvement, mind you Scott looked a bit more likely. Hess upped it somewhat this week, lets see if Scott can keep up.

Hess is still a worry slightly. He looked great but would have only scored 40 without the try.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:06 am

Pookus McFly wrote:.

On a silver lining, I played my first game of Draftstars last night and won $80.
    Not sure why I havn't gotten into this sooner.

Welcome to DFS 😀
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:07 am

White Lightning wrote:I'm glad the Warriors decided to stay & fulfill their obligations. Did you hear what Tallis said on the Matty Johns show last night.....plenty of people for work purposes have to spend weeks/months away from their families so welcome to the real world Warriors players. And he is right.

The real world is being quarantined for possibly months away from your family when you were expecting to be away for a weekend? I must not live in the real world either I guess.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:11 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I took his post to mean never change captains. Dunno though!

I stuck with that logic and kept the VC on Taumalolo, C on Haas. Was tempted by the Dogs match-up, but decided to back Haas to rip in vs. Souths.

Also, good on the Warriors cheer

I'll spare my sympathy for the ones who'll never see their loved ones again as a result of this virus rather than some privileged footy players stuck in Australia for a couple of weeks/months? of all places.

Yes It was in relation to the captains...what has Haas done to make you think you need to re-assess.

A POD captain that may gain you like 8 points (unlikely)

OR lose you 20+ points (more likely)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:14 am

Just on Stimson I've was so keen to get him into my team round 1 & I did when he moved to the Bulldogs but I did sell him before last nights game. Also the 390k price was too good to refuse. However after all I've read about him over the last couple of years there's 1 word that gets used to describe him the most & that word is plodder & after watching him in the 2 games you couldn't disagree.
    Also on L. Lewis whenever I watch him he always has this arrogant look on his face like he's gods gift. It was good to see him eating a big humble pie on the sideline after he was dragged at half time. The fact is he had a very poor game & his passing was very poor. The team seemed to play better with him not in it.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:14 am

Weiland wrote:

The real world is being quarantined for possibly months away from your family when you were expecting to be away for a weekend? I must not live in the real world either I guess.

When the NRL decides to put all players quarantined in Northern Queensland for an indefinite period then the Warriors will feel less singled out.

I imagine this is why they decided to stay..
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:14 am

Now today’s worry is Su’A gonna do a Hess or a Stimson haha
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:19 am

White Lightning wrote:Just on Stimson I've was so keen to get him into my team round 1 & I did when he moved to the Bulldogs but I did sell him before last nights game. Also the 390k price was too good to refuse. However after all I've read about him over the last couple of years there's 1 word that gets used to describe him the most & that word is plodder & after watching him in the 2 games you couldn't disagree.

He never looked this bad at Melbourne. Maybe its just because I never watched him as closely as I did last night, but it certainly seems like he has regressed out of the Storm system (and not the first forward to do so)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:20 am

wolfking wrote:

Hess is still a worry slightly. He looked great but would have only scored 40 without the try.

i think the people buying Hess are treating him as a king of 'tries are base stats' kind of guy. In that they are expecting him to score a reasonable number of tries this year in order to keep his scoring high.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:21 am

Milchcow wrote:

He never looked this bad at Melbourne. Maybe its just because I never watched him as closely as I did last night, but it certainly seems like he has regressed out of the Storm system (and not the first forward to do so)

It’s hard to look bad at Melbourne let’s be honest.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:23 am

Milchcow wrote:

MS raised the point yesterday that maybe the Storm made him look better than he was. As you said he's not the first ex Storm forward to go through this because look how shite A. Blair & Proctor are.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:32 am

Erin Moleman wrote:

It’s hard to look bad at Melbourne let’s be honest.

You're right. I live here and I look fucking sexy.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 pm