NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Archer
    Archer

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19  - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Post by Archer Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:33 am

White Lightning wrote:

Mostly Croker only passes when he's tackled not before. He always goes for himself first.
    No, he only passes if the guy he's passing it to is in a better position than he is, which is a good thing. Go back to just the last page and there is a comment from MS about Cotric scoring pretty well outside him....
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19  - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:34 am

White Lightning wrote:I'm glad the Warriors decided to stay & fulfill their obligations. Did you hear what Tallis said on the Matty Johns show last night.....plenty of people for work purposes have to spend weeks/months away from their families so welcome to the real world Warriors players. And he is right.

Im not sure if people who make (and agree with) this comparison are just one-eyed, or ignorant, naive, or perhaps just being wankers (maybe all of the above).
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:35 am

filthridden wrote:

You're right. I live here and I look fucking sexy.

That is true but you don't hold a flame to that beautiful Welsh bastard Welshy.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:37 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Im not sure if people who make (and agree with) this comparison are just one-eyed, or ignorant, naive, or perhaps just being wankers (maybe all of the above).

I just don't get it. Paul Kent the other night said if it fine for soldiers to be away from their loved ones for months then the Warrior players shouldn't have a problem with it. Fucking surreal that he made that comparison.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:38 am

Erin Moleman wrote:Now today’s worry is Su’A gonna do a Hess or a Stimson haha

Up against Fifita so hoping it's the latter and justify my punting of him
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:38 am

Archer wrote:
    No, he only passes if the guy he's passing it to is in a better position than he is, which is a good thing. Go back to just the last page and there is a comment from MS about Cotric scoring pretty well outside him....

I'm not doubting MS because he's usually right but didn't Cotric get a lot of his points scooting from dummy half across the field racking up tb's.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 am

I get that the Warriors players are in a tough situation because they'll be away from their families for an extended period. That sucks, for sure. I feel for them. They are also doing what's best for their families by staying, because if they don't stay, they're at risk of not getting paid.

They need to provide for their families and look after themselves just as much as anyone. There are a hell of a lot of people out there who are already out of work and completely broke because of this situation, I feel a lot more for them right now.

Good on the Warriors for staying, but the carry on like they are heroes is a bit silly.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 am

Milchcow wrote:

i think the people buying Hess are treating him as a king of 'tries are base stats' kind of guy. In that they are expecting him to score a reasonable number of tries this year in order to keep his scoring high.

Yeah, I won't mind some 40's if he finds the line quite a bit this year. Seemed him and Morgan were starting to make a good little combination last night, so hopeuflly it keeps improving.

Without the a try, a 40 in base stats for his price is fine. Just hope he can get on a bit of a run.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 am

wolfking wrote:Without the a try, a 40 in base stats for his price is fine.  Just hope he can get on a bit of a run.

He has always been a 40 ish base stats guy when playing 2rf (apart from his shocker in 2019). Was never likely to improve on that.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:59 am

my tv broke wrote:I get that the Warriors players are in a tough situation because they'll be away from their families for an extended period. That sucks, for sure. I feel for them. They are also doing what's best for their families by staying, because if they don't stay, they're at risk of not getting paid.

They need to provide for their families and look after themselves just as much as anyone. There are a hell of a lot of people out there who are already out of work and completely broke because of this situation, I feel a lot more for them right now.

Good on the Warriors for staying, but the carry on like they are heroes is a bit silly.

The irony is if they were stuck in their homes with their family all day for weeks, they'd probably be going mental and wish they were out playing footy.

Coming off a 6 month break after missing the finals for the 7th time in 8 years, they should be keen to rip in.

Not that he plays for the Warriors, but if players like Isaako need to get home to see sick family members, then I hope those guys are still able travel back and footy can take a backseat.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    @Dttragic2016  hasn't plugged it himself, but he's launched a website this week

https://sporttechdaily.com/

And one of the first articles is an interview with a Stimson owner
    check it out here

https://sporttechdaily.com/fantasy-and-tips/fantasy-sport-expert-chris-aka-milchcow-podcast-episode/

Thanks mate, really appreciate the plug!
    I've just shared it on Twitter - https://twitter.com/SportTechDaily/status/1240805784096661504

If anyone on here would like to get involved or has some feedback I'd love to hear from you Smile
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Glad people on here talked me into trading out Stimson instead of Musgrove! Now just hoping Hughes pays off, unlike my first POD pick Ese'ese.
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Am I dreaming in hoping that Turpin gets an 80min role at hooker?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 pm

my tv broke wrote:I get that the Warriors players are in a tough situation because they'll be away from their families for an extended period. That sucks, for sure. I feel for them. They are also doing what's best for their families by staying, because if they don't stay, they're at risk of not getting paid.

Mate, I agree completely; they shouldn't be talked about as if they are heroes. However, the comparisons to soldiers or whatever (in terms of expectations to stick around indefinitely in OZ) is just silly.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Mate, I agree completely; they shouldn't be talked about as if they are heroes. However, the comparisons to soldiers or whatever (in terms of expectations to stick around indefinitely in OZ) is just silly.

They are Warrior Soldier Heroes  Razz
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:29 pm

White Lightning wrote:

At least you can buy some booze with $80 to drown your sorrows but you can't buy anything with fantasy points.

I don't know, you can buy happiness with fantasy points right? Very Happy

Sorry, couldn't help myself Embarassed
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Fraser wrote:Am I dreaming in hoping that Turpin gets an 80min role at hooker?

The short answer is yes as long as McCullough or a utility is on the bench.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:31 pm

wolfking wrote:

Still plenty of opportunities gor others to make up for it mate.

This is true. I had two Stinkson-esque captain scores last year and still had my highest ever finish.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I don't know, you can buy happiness with fantasy points right? Very Happy

Sorry, couldn't help myself Embarassed
     Absolutely. I got an invite to celebrity bake off
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Mulvy wrote:

This is true. I had two Stinkson-esque captain scores last year and still had my highest ever finish.

I copped Bateman and Fifita as captain injury games and still managed a top 200 finish. No single week will kill your chances in this game

Last edited by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: as captain)

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:44 pm