NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19  - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:36 am

my tv broke wrote:

That was part of the reason why I decided I had to start with him. The Cows bench just looked light and it seemed like if Green was ever going to increase his mins, it was going to be this season. Hopefully it continues, but I agree it'll probably taper off, that's fine though.

Oh and he looked like a beast in trials, was ready to hit the ground running.

Well done to Drinkwater owners. He looks the goods so far. I was tempted to grab him last night but I'm trying to hold off trades until we know more about Kennedy/Lomax.

Yeah it didn't look like Taumalolo needed to get match-fit
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19  - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 19 - It's Thursday - Still time to ditch the duds thread

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 am

Archer wrote:
    Nah, i didn't pick him because i'm sure i remember Green fucking with his minutes for chunks of last year that brought down his average. Had nothing to do with Lolo as a player and his ability to score points, so will be patient for now and stick with the reasoning i had 8 days ago.

I just keep telling myself he won't be playing an absymal Dogs team every week. Funny because if he got the same score as last week, I wouldn't even be thinking about it.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 am

wolfking wrote:

I just keep telling myself he won't be playing an absymal Dogs team every week.  Funny because if he got the same score as last week, I wouldn't even be thinking about it.
    a 62 lol?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 am

my tv broke wrote:

yeah, sad but true. we don't care about something that won't affect us directly. out of sight out of mind etc

This starvation issue I can draw parallels to the meth epidemic. When it was just dope no one cared because the attitude was dope smokers are a bunch of poor losers so who cares. Then when meth struck it affected the rich & affluent & all of a sudden we have a drug problem & we need to help these people.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:42 am

BBowler wrote:

Never change..

lol

We're self isolating and am bored as fuck. Surely we don't need to put the line of "Footy codes shouldn't be on, but hey now that they are this is what I think.." before every post!

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Cook for me, he owes me a big one after last week

Should do well on a dry track at Suncorp!

Archer wrote:
    Yep me. Didn't like the look of TTurbo up against Roosters, so it was down to Pap, Ponga, Carrigan or Koirosau. Went with Api, not because of last week, but because i think up against dragons there should be plenty of opportunities to make tackles and he's a decent shot of sneaking over for a try this week. Its a risk, but i knew that when i built the team with no clear captain choice.

Nice one. Can definitely see him getting more attacking points this week - good luck!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:50 am

I won't be tearing my team apart to get Taumalolo. I'll probably be looking at upgrading Jake Friend to him before the Byes, and Friend still has plenty of money to make
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:57 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:

We're self isolating and am bored as fuck. Surely we don't need to put the line of "Footy codes shouldn't be on, but hey now that they are this is what I think.." before every post!

I took his post to mean never change captains. Dunno though!

I stuck with that logic and kept the VC on Taumalolo, C on Haas. Was tempted by the Dogs match-up, but decided to back Haas to rip in vs. Souths.

Also, good on the Warriors cheer

I'll spare my sympathy for the ones who'll never see their loved ones again as a result of this virus rather than some privileged footy players stuck in Australia for a couple of weeks/months? of all places.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:14 am

I'm glad the Warriors decided to stay & fulfill their obligations. Did you hear what Tallis said on the Matty Johns show last night.....plenty of people for work purposes have to spend weeks/months away from their families so welcome to the real world Warriors players. And he is right.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:15 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah this was my take, he was saying never change captain away from Haas, its part of the reason you paid all that cash for him.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:18 am

Archer, thought I was in a bit of trouble with our bet after Hess's performance last week. Got very lucky last night, but looks like with all those middies putting up terrible scores your strategy might not have been as bad as I thought. Kudos to backing yourself
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:20 am

@BBCPolitics...man seen shouting "allah ackbar" and licking door handles on Oxford Steet in London. Well this virus could be well utilised by the terrorists.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 am

Well after that Stimson effort I’m now very concerned about Levi.

Both were trade out targets but gave them another crack, now I don’t know what to do
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 am

playing Stimson has still got me down.
    I could have taken on the chin it if it was later in the round, but having your score ruined for the week in the first 20 minutes of football is so disheartening when you look forward to the games all week.
    Never ceases to amaze me how much this game can affect my emotional state, I was so pumped for 4 days of football and now all my enthusiasm has all suddenly dissipated.

On a silver lining, I played my first game of Draftstars last night and won $80.
    Not sure why I havn't gotten into this sooner.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:30 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Well after that Stimson effort I’m now very concerned about Levi.

Both were trade out targets but gave them another crack, now I don’t know what to do

He'll go ok imo. Showed enough in r1
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

He'll go ok imo. Showed enough in r1

Cheers VK. Maybe Musgrove > Katoa will suffice this week and then sort out Stimson next week
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:33 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I stuck with that logic and kept the VC on Taumalolo, C on Haas. Was tempted by the Dogs match-up, but decided to back Haas to rip in vs. Souths.

Also, good on the Warriors cheer

I'll spare my sympathy for the ones who'll never see their loved ones again as a result of this virus rather than some privileged footy players stuck in Australia for a couple of weeks/months? of all places.

Oh right, maybe I just took it the wrong haha. Either way it's all good - let's enjoy the footy and play it smart corona-wise!

Archer wrote:
    Yeah this was my take, he was saying never change captain away from Haas, its part of the reason you paid all that cash for him.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:36 am

My 'a few beers deep' decisions yesterday were a bit mixed....

Stimson out tick
    Lolo captain tick
    Cotric now in my team.... hmmm
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:39 am

Verbal Kint wrote:My 'a few beers deep' decisions yesterday were a bit mixed....

Stimson out tick
    Lolo captain tick
    Cotric now in my team.... hmmm

Cotric bit expensive for me but should score fairly well. We have seen a full season of him putting up nearly keeper level WFB scores when he had to compete for the ball with Leilua and Rapana
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 am

Pookus McFly wrote:playing Stimson has still got me down.
    I could have taken on the chin it if it was later in the round, but having your score ruined for the week in the first 20 minutes of football is so disheartening when you look forward to the games all week.
    Never ceases to amaze me how much this game can affect my emotional state, I was so pumped for 4 days of football and now all my enthusiasm has all suddenly dissipated.

On a silver lining, I played my first game of Draftstars last night and won $80.
    Not sure why I havn't gotten into this sooner.

Yeah this game can really hit you hard when things don't go as planned so sorry mate but on the bright side you won $80. At least you can buy some booze with $80 to drown your sorrows but you can't buy anything with fantasy points.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 am

Welshy wrote:
    a 62 lol?

Yeah.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:18 pm