NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Well done NSWelshman.
    Obviously you'll all get ahead of yourselves now...and have been already - I can't even count the number of blokes that were claiming the dawn of a new dynasty today (at the same time completely forgetting about what happened last year).

Yeah there were some iffy call's but the Maloney forward pass that got called earlier in the game was back out of the hands IMO and the others were 50/50.
    Obviously the Crichton strip was a big turning point...but I blame Gagai. You have to hold on to it better and make sure it isn't a 50/50 call.

Bring on Game 2.
    Pieman
    Pieman

2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread - Page 12 Empty Re: 2018 State of Origin NSW Vs QLD - Game 1 match thread

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Ice wrote:Clearly backwards out of the hand and never in front of passer,  those facts won't change regardless of how much people want to argue otherwise. To prove otherwise is simply impossible, sooooooo,let's move on.

Teddy was huge, NSW have plenty of improvement in them and they'll need every bit of it as Qld where on top enough in that game that if they convert chances,  they probably with, given how much more experience they have and will get back in game two upon Slaters return.
    i dont think anyone here is doing that? in fact, most people have said that if you bring back slater QLD should win.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm

I love this place.

NSW guys are calmly admitting a call or two went their way. QLDer's aren't too worried. Most are saying they were all borderline, and the amount of "it cost us the game" B/S is at a minimum.

Pretty much everyone things Teddy and Cook were the BOG, and Inglis brought an extra can of whoopass to the game.

No one's claiming dynasty's, or blaming injuries. Even Ice, who's clearly wrong, isn't getting lambasted with personal attacks! Wink

My point? Can you imagine this thread the day after, back on Sportal?? Smile
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:50 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Well done NSWelshman.
    Obviously you'll all get ahead of yourselves now...and have been already - I can't even count the number of blokes that were claiming the dawn of a new dynasty today (at the same time completely forgetting about what happened last year).

Yeah there were some iffy call's but the Maloney forward pass that got called earlier in the game was back out of the hands IMO and the others were 50/50.
    Obviously the Crichton strip was a big turning point...but I blame Gagai. You have to hold on to it better and make sure it isn't a 50/50 call.

Bring on Game 2.
    The players getting ahead of themselves worries me, it feels a little like last year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 pm

ice, fair to say after years of "hayne must play fullback or we lose" talk that the current fullback is proving after just 5 games to be a better, more consistent origin footballer then your god ?
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 pm

surmo13 wrote:Good lord, the people arguing physics don’t know how physics work... it is entirely possible to throw something forward at pace and be front of it when it lands, yes an object leaving your hands at 25 Kph will begin it’s travel at 25 kph, but for some reason the asumption being made by the ‘physics’ crowd is that it will travel at 25kph infinately until it reaches it target, and for something as weightless and manipulatable as a football, that is just not possible, There are so many variables that affect the flight path and speed of a football in the air... if we were to take your argument as gospel, it should not be possible to put on a chip kick and regather on the full because the ball is travelling faster than the player when it leaves the boot, yet it’s been happening ever since rugby league was a thing

The argument is this, the ball was NEVER in front of the passer and with his momentum went backwards out f the hand (some disagree with that) Simples. i agree the ball has gone forward, it I disagree it was forward out of the hand so under the current rules, it's a try and would be 9 times out of 10 in a regular game and the one time it gets picked up, the fans of the team who has it called against them would blow up.

If the rules were, "ball can't go forward from where it was passed to where it is caught" then it would be a forward, but that ain't the rule. It's not me, it's the rule.

But honestly, let's move on.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 pm

dasherhalo wrote:I love this place.

NSW guys are calmly admitting a call or two went their way. QLDer's aren't too worried. Most are saying they were all borderline, and the amount of "it cost us the game" B/S is at a minimum.

Pretty much everyone things Teddy and Cook were the BOG, and Inglis brought an extra can of whoopass to the game.

No one's claiming dynasty's, or blaming injuries. Even Ice, who's clearly wrong, isn't getting lambasted with personal attacks! Wink

My point? Can you imagine this thread the day after, back on Sportal?? Smile

Wait, what? Where am I wrong?
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:11 am

leaguegod wrote:ice, fair to say after years of "hayne must play fullback or we lose" talk that the current fullback is proving after just 5 games to be a better, more consistent origin footballer then your god ?

After years of being right with that Hayne call, I hope Teddy continues in this vain of form and does lead NSW to an Origin series victory. When he does, I'll be the first to cheer him on, but Teddy has the benefit of a decent 6/7 and 9 in his side and isn't up against the greatest spine of all time.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:19 am

I mean , the pics Dip posted pretty clearly show the ball out in front oF Maloney just after the point of release but okay
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 am

Fuck it's good seeing the other side bitching about the 50/50 calls for once.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:40 am

surmo13 wrote:I mean , the pics Dip posted pretty clearly show the ball out in front oF Maloney just after the point of release but okay

Ohhhh, the pictures, yeah right, that's always proved conclusive Rolling Eyes
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:49 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Well done NSWelshman.

Bring on Game 2.

This, apart from anyone hear getting ahead of the,selves
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Rewatched the game when I got back from holidays.

A few thoughts on the rulings.
    Maloneys first pass that lead to the Gagai try I didn't think was forward.
    Crichton doesn't strip the ball his forearm collects it. Gagai needs to hold onto the ball better.
    Anyone contesting Turbos try isn't actually serious. Zero doubt.
    The pass to JAC looked forward to me but they're let go all the time, they happen. Just like the massive one from McCullough that they let go.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am

RCG gone. Vaughan to start James onto the bench
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:12 am

Yep that's what will happen.

Napa injured going by reports but I don't know what happened as well as Morgan. Ponga just takes his spot on the bench but if Napa is out I'm not sure what they do.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 am

Let's hope for a speedy recovery from Latrell. That didn't look good at all - hopefully just a stinger.

I hope the way the NSW players have reacted is a sign of the brotherhood we're creating. Cleary clearly concerned, Cordner a mess, Peachey went to see him to make sure he was alright while he was in the bin.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Yes fingers crossed Latrell is good to go, only time I've cared about a Rorters player and definitely will be the last
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:33 am

surmo13 wrote:I mean , the pics Dip posted pretty clearly show the ball out in front oF Maloney just after the point of release but okay

haha yeah i thought it clearly went forward out of his hands

looks like mitchell will be ok. Thank fuck, would hate to see something like that happen to anyone, especially after the mckinnon stuff.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:05 am

Don't the pictures just show the height of the ball in relation to the ground and not forward momentum ?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am