NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Origin side 2018

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NSW Origin side 2018 - Page 5 Empty Re: NSW Origin side 2018

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Woods needs to go. He's been soft for years and one of the boys that doesn't rip in when we need it.

The Dragon 3 have to be there. Vaughn, JDB and Frizzell.

At this stage these guys would be my locked in.

1. Tedesco
    2. TTurbo
    11. Cordner (c)
    12. Frizzell
    13. J Turbo

15. Vaughan
    17. JDB
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Pieman wrote:and the difference here is they would be replacing an out of form FB with the form FB of the comp (if they stay the way they are now)

tedesco will be the number 1, but TTrbo is most certainly breathing down his neck for the jersey IMO
    Tedesco will be named at FB with Turbo at CTR/wing. Take that to the bank!

I would be willing to bet cold hard cash on it. How much cash are ya gonna give me Pieface?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Where did I say 'I BET TTRBO WILL BE FULLBACK"?

I totally agree Tedesco will be the fullback with TTrbo on the wing MooseGoose.
    And I said a few posts ago, TTrbo is clearly breathing down his neck for the FB spot though.

@honeysett
    No Klemmer? He is a certainty to start at prop.
    RCG is a certainty for the bench too IMO.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 pm

I don’t rate Klemmer and he’s shown fuck all this year. He’ll be there but I won’t be happy with it.

RCG is nearly there for mine.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Be silly not to have Wade Graham as your 14
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Be silly not to have Wade Graham as your 14

He was imperative last year in losing us the series. He made two insanely dumb mistakes and for that he's banished from my team.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Re klem, been pretty critical myself but last weeks have been storng, i also think he one of the few players we have where he seems to perform at a much higher level in rep jumpers then he does at club level

completely agree re woods, and he is one who even when in form at club level, doesn't play a style that suits rep footy, he shouldn't be there

Teddy will be fullback, i think them switching a couple of times wouldn't hurt, he may not have the ball playing of tturbo but his open field ability on the back of offloads has been pretty important for us in the past

agree with honeysett re graham, great player but his brain farts are to costly at this level

Maloney probably played his best game since the 2016 prelim, i'd have green/maloney right now, while still praying cleary makes it back in time to play a couple of games before game 1

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm

I tend to think that Maloney will be there if cleary is healthy or not. If cleary is healthy he will be the 6, if cleary cant play he will be the 7.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:16 am

Without McLean busted and Fifi catting out, looking more likely Woods will get his jumper back by default. I can't imagine Freddy would want to go into the series with 2 props on debut (assuming Klemmer goes from the bench where he's best).

Next man up would be Vaughn or Ryan James I guess?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 am

i don't think ryan james is chance

i think if he picked today, freddy would be picking woods and klem to start, RCG and vaughn off the bench

he did mention junior paulo the other day but also mentioned that his form isn't up to it atm, if he picks it up, he could be a sneaky bench option for freddy

there is probably also the strong chance we go in with only 3 full time props, Jake trbo and JDB probably play more then 80 minutes total in the middle being the argument and i'm not personally worried about either of them not being big enough to do a job, especially jake who has played some prop for nsw last year

if the back row is expected to be

cordner
    frizz
    jake T

then a bench of
    Prop
    Edge
    JDB
    Utility

will cover the middle minutes easily enough (with frizz also a chance to spend time in the middle)
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:52 am

Why isnt Ryan James a chance? Played really well last week against the StG pack which will probably supply 2 origin players and likewise this week against Broncos with another 2 origin players.

RCG is in the conversation but he just feels like a meh pick. Like Glasby last year, which I guess didnt go badly... but both RCG and Glasby both feel like they have a low performance ceiling, albeit low risk.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 am

i think you're selling RCG a bit short tbh and he played great off the bench for australia in the world cup, i think he'll do a good job.

i've never been high on james, in the few big finals game he has played, he always gone missing too, different player to woods but i do feel he is similar in the way he may do good things during regular club games but i just can't see him doing that at origin level, maybe thats unfair but that's just my personal perception
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:41 pm

leaguegod wrote:i think you're selling RCG a bit short tbh and he played great off the bench for australia in the world cup, i think he'll do a good job.

i've never been high on james, in the few big finals game he has played, he always gone missing too, different player to woods but i do feel he is similar in the way he may do good things during regular club games but i just can't see him doing that at origin level, maybe thats unfair but that's just my personal perception

Im sure RCG could do a good job... but is "good" good enough? I dont think hes a starter and NSW probably has better bench options.

I remember thinking James played well in the last finals game Titans played v Broncos. Any finals/rep games before that are a distant memory.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Did anyone see a story about Daley picking the team on form ?? I was getting ready this morning and there was something on Sunrise
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:01 pm

RCG was excellent in the back half last year, was great off the bench for Aus and his side is 3 - 1 (their only loss was by 2 points).

He is a gun prop, and should be one of NSW first picked, even if its to fill a bench spot.
    He would be one of QLD first picked too IMO if he was from there. The bloke is one of the top few props in the league and deserves his shot in origin.

He is an absolute certainty.

James, yeh he would be OK IMO. Has so many penalties and mistakes in him but is a bit of a hard nut.

Starting props will be Woods and Klemmer, bench props will be RCG and someone else, most likely JDB or Vaughn.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:14 pm

I've never been a wrap on Woods. It there was a moment in tonight's game that confirmed for me he is a spent force and shouldn't be there. Game was tight, Raiders with no bench, Bulldogs in possession and Woods plodding back early in the set and giving away a penalty by causing a Shepard. Unforgivable laziness. If Fittler is serious, he can't have both the Dogs big men, they simply aren't doing enough and to go into the game with 3 forwards from a dogs pack getting nailed each week would be a huge error. I think all three are fighting to save their position and none are doing much to say, having been in multiple losing series, "you can't afford to drop us" or "we derserve it more than Vaughan, JDB, RCG, Finnucane et al.

Seriously, what do we have to lose dropping at least two of the three....another Origin series???

Woods and Jackson simply shouldn't be there if these other guys keep playing the way they are yet I read that Freddie had pencilled in McLean as the fresh face and was likely sticking with:

Woods
    Klemmer
    Jackson
    Cordner
    Frizell
    JTurbo
    Graham

So really only has one spot to fit in the likes of:
    Vaughan
    RCG
    JDB
    Finnucane
    James

I'd have the Dragons triumvirate over the Doggies one every day of the week based on form over the last season and a bit

My side as of now:
    Teddy
    Mansour
    Mitchell
    Roberts
    Turbo
    Maloney
    Green
    Vaughan
    Api K
    Klemmer
    Cordner
    Frizell
    JTurbo

RCG
    JDB
    McLean (if fit)/Finnucane
    JBird

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:52 am

Maloney is a certainty with Cleary out.
    I think the halves will be him and Keary with a view to bring Cleary in for maloney when he is back healthy

That side is very close to what it will be IMO.

I too dont want woods there, and hope he isnt picked. But he will be. I wonder what he does well that coaches / stats guys see that we dont. Its not his cat like ability to find his knees and elbows like tim mannah. He doesnt bend the line. Offloads? Backing into the defence? I really dont know why he is a lock for rep sides
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:00 am

klem has improved the last 3 weeks for us, has played well for nsw and australia in the past, i think he should be there and should start

woods can't be picked, either can jackson

i also can't pick wade graham, i just don't trust him despite his ability

my pack, without including woods who i agree is likely to be there

klem
    cook/api/peats/mcinnes - i just don't know here
    RCG
    cordner
    friz
    jake T

Peachey - can play hooker which i think is important because all of our 9 option are pretty ordinary, none should play 80
    JDB
    Vaughn
    Crighton

crighton will almost certainly be graham, i do think having an edge on the bench to play the last 50 on the left edge will work, friz's second stint will be in the middle like last year
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Pieman wrote:Maloney is a certainty with Cleary out.
    I think the halves will be him and Keary with a view to bring Cleary in for maloney when he is back healthy

That side is very close to what it will be IMO.

I too dont want woods there, and hope he isnt picked. But he will be. I wonder what he does well that coaches / stats guys see that we dont. Its not his cat like ability to find his knees and elbows like tim mannah. He doesnt bend the line. Offloads? Backing into the defence? I really dont know why he is a lock for rep sides

Agreed, but thoughts on Green. If the Warriors keep winning, he will be very hard to ignore, surely.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Ice wrote:

Agreed, but thoughts on Green. If the Warriors keep winning, he will be very hard to ignore, surely.

6. Green
    7. Maloney

9. Pearce

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm