NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Ice

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 Empty Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by Ice Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:05 am

5 rounds in, time for the discussion to start regarding how disloyal the Blues are compared to the Maroons based on our side predictions. Have at it:

1. Tedesco
    2. Cotric (assuming TT out)
    4. Mitchell
    5. JAC
    6. Keary
    7. Cleary
    8. Klemmer
    9. Cook
    11. Cordner
    12. Frizell
    13. JTurbo

Missed some obvious ones surely
    Pieman
    Pieman

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 am

They might look at bringing Jack bird back.... I would rather see someone like Croker get a gig. He deserves a crack IMO. His defence is still a bit iffy but he is a quality player IMO. Roberts gets a gig if healthy.

Vaughn gets a look in at prop surely. RCG or Tamou on the bench.
    Does peach get another start? He has been dreadful in a dreadful team this year so far.

Then you have crichton on the bench as well, I would love to see finucane get a gig too.
    leaguegod

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 am

roberts still a decent change imo but if he is out and Ttrbo is back, i could see them moving turbo to centre and still sliding cotric in

vaughn is a cert with how well he is playing

finucane is a good like for like replacement to JDB imo but with Jake starting over him like ice has

i think peachey still gets the bench spot, his versatility is made for that role

the bench spots are a bit up in the air tho, guys like crighton, ryan james, tariq sims, tamou etc have all been ok but quiet. RCG has looked pretty poor

i'm usually on the side on putting in the young guys to early but i'd have no issues of throwing in cam murray but thats probably at the expense of a guy like finucane really
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:44 pm

I'd like to see Victor Radley on the bench, can fill hooker and anywhere in the back row, tough as hell too.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:23 pm

1. Tedesco
    2. Cotric (not sold on this just yet but cant think of anyone off top of my head)
    3. Scott
    4. Mitchell
    5. JAC
    6. Keary
    7. Cleary
    8. Klemmer
    9. Cook
    10. McClean
    11. Cordner
    12. Frizell
    13. Murray

14. JTurbo (what he did off the bench last year was amazing thats why i keep his role the same)
    15. Vaughan
    16. RCG
    17. Crichton

I go without a utility.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:08 am

Shanbon wrote:1. Tedesco
    2. Cotric (not sold on this just yet but cant think of anyone off top of my head)
    3. Scott
    4. Mitchell
    5. JAC
    6. Keary
    7. Cleary
    8. Klemmer
    9. Cook
    10. McClean
    11. Cordner
    12. Frizell
    13. Murray

14. JTurbo (what he did off the bench last year was amazing thats why i keep his role the same)
    15. Vaughan
    16. RCG
    17. Crichton

I go without a utility.

Like that side, I'd still get Radley in there though, for either Murray or Crighton, and I'm not totally sold on McClean. Like that backline though if Turbo is out. Roberts and Curtis very different but both capable in my view.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 13, 2019 11:55 am

It really has to be 9. cook 7. Reynolds 6. Walker doesnt it? Fark they are playing well. Chuck Keary in as the utility if he must be there.

Jeez I hope that mitchell injury isnt bad.. and there is going to be a right centre slot free. Who are the candidates?
    Ttrbo if hes back playing - the most likely IMO if hes got at least a game or 2 under his belt.
    Scott (been playing reggies too lately, if he stays in firsts he is a good chance) edit - no chance now because of injury
    Dylan walker (no chance)
    Jessie Ramien (slim chance)
    Dugan? Always plays well at centre in origin. Jmoz has never let anyone down in origin and has played heaps of right centre at rep level
    Shifting mitchell to right centre if healthy? Slim chance
    Croker is a left centre, they wont risk him on the right.
    Leilua - no chance
    Bringing jennings back??
    Gutho?? Nah
    Waqa Blake would be a good candidate if he wasnt playing like shit in a terrible panthers team. I wouldnt hate seeing him get a gig at right centre.
    This time last year Aitken would have walked in but hes been garbage this year. Lomax is a smokey as is Xerri, both unlikely.
    Or does he just stick with Roberts even if hes playing Q cup?
    If Tommy T is available he will be the right centre with Fergo on the right wing IMO
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu May 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Updated team

1. Tedesco
    3. Ramien
    4. Mitchell
    5. JAC
    6. Keary
    7. Cleary
    8. Klemmer
    9. Cook
    10. Vaughan
    11. Cordner
    12. Frizell
    13. Murray

16. Crichton
    17. C Walker
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Can you lot cut it out with the Keary shit. He's a fucking QLDER
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Picking Keary to play for NSW is like when Michael Jackson took Brooke Shields to the Grammy's.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Mal Meninga wrote:Hes a passionate QLDER  
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 am

i'm usually against picking the young guys to early, i always lean towards waiting an extra season, helps you avoid picking guys who are in good form but would get found out (thank fuck we didn't pick cartwright when a few wanted him)

but i don't care how little football haas has played and how young he is, he isn't a young player who just plays 15-20 minutes of explosive minutes, he plays big minutes with sustained quality while still having the ability to offer that impact value in the origin arena. he is on my bench for sure.

i've always had the same view as the above regarding keary but does anyone think he doesn't perform in that arena if picked ? i think he would, he is nsw eligible, so i'd pick him.

jesse ramien is not playing well, i would have given marcelo fucking montoya the points head to head last week and my thoughts on montoya are well known

right centre is iffy, i think jmoz is a realistic chance, i think croker has a shot and if they go away from cleary/maloney then his goal kicking is another argument. one to watch is cotric, playing right centre this week.

freddy loves wighton too, would not rule that out

agree that if Ttrbo was back, he is more likely to be at right centre then wing
    my team:
    teddy
    JAC
    Mitchell
    ???
    Fergo
    Walker
    Keary
    klemmer
    cook
    Vaughn
    Cordner
    Frizz
    Jake Trbo

Haas
    Murrey
    Crighton
    Peachey/radley - i like either as the utility based on the fact both can play 9 at a good level but can also add somthing regardless of whether an injury occurs or cook plays 80. i probably prefer big dick vic but i feel weird having so many debutantes after winning a series lol
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 pm

I cant put Fergo in there, not just his previous origin form but the fact he makes a 4 point error per game is to big a handicap.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sat May 18, 2019 11:11 pm

I wouldn't be picking Haas. You have to let him develop for a couple of seasons in clubland to give him the grounding to become a future SOO legend. Or you could throw him in at the deep end and he burns out with the workload in his first full season. I'd not want that at his age. NSW have plenty of options other than him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun May 19, 2019 10:47 am

who CD? Who at the moment would be a better option? IMO there are a number of viable options, I wouldn't say there were any out and out better ones to take a bench middle forward role that wouldn't already be in the side. If he gets picked he wont be playing big minutes anyway.

IMO freddy sticks with Cleary at 7 for game 1. Maloney is gone. Keary comes in at 6 (which basically means Cody walker will never play origin). I can see him picking Roberts at right centre considering all of the ? over that position and injuries. The could do worse than just picking Ramien there, who is the right winger tho?? Fergo or Dugan?? god... 2 steps forward one step back.

Can cotric play on the right??

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Just out of interest McLean gets over looked? I think hes been playing really well and also I am a fan of Prior but understand him missing out
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 19, 2019 6:21 pm

The certainties for mine:

1. Tedesco
    2. Addo Carr
    3. Mitchell
    8. Klemmer
    9. Cook
    11. Cordner
    12. Frizell

15. JTurbo
    16. Crighton

Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Ice wrote:The certainties for mine:

1. Tedesco
    2. Addo Carr
    3.  Mitchell
    4. I would have had Scott, but no idea now.
    5. Cotric
    6. Walker/Keary
    7. Reynolds/Cleary
    8. Klemmer
    9. Cook
    10. McClean
    11. Cordner
    12. Frizell
    13. JTurbo

14. Radley
    15. Vaughan
    16. Crighton
    17. Hass

I'd fill the holes as per above
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun May 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Murray is a certainty

I didnt get to watch the Souths Raiders game but that wing spot could come down to Graham v Cotric
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 20, 2019 8:21 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Just out of interest McLean gets over looked? I think hes been playing really well and also I am a fan of Prior but understand him missing out

fair, Mclean is a fair chance.
    Finucane is another middle forward that will prob get overlooked for younger blood. I dont know why. I would rather see him get a jersey in the middle over the likes of Haas, Murray.
    Bring those young blokes into the squad for the experience but surely someone like finucane could come in and start at 13, or play the role Jtrbo did last year from the bench.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pm