NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Guest Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:Bit of bad luck in the halves there Booze, your team is coming together very nicely tho!

Haha yeah not the best week for both to get head knocks or injuries but you just have to move on.
    Hindsight would be awesome having Norman and Johnson but got to make do with what you started with and have plans to fix your weaknesses.

Cheers for the extra bit of positivity bro.
    Without sugar coating it I need to lift and hope this gives me a wake up call I need to get back amongst it
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Onthebeatpete Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Haha yeah not the best week for both to get head knocks or injuries but you just have to move on.
    Hindsight would be awesome having Norman and Johnson but got to make do with what you started with and have plans to fix your weaknesses.

Cheers for the extra bit of positivity bro.
    Without sugar coating it I need to lift and hope this gives me a wake up call I need to get back amongst it

All good, no worries.
    All the best this week!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Wheres the traffic !?

Plenty of time to rejuve the squad brother !

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:43 pm

Cheers Pete and Rev

Have pencilled in this week Smat back to centres via CHN in,Moga out
    And flipping a coin on Slater in,Kelly out

Gives me a back 5 of
    Aubo/Smat
    Gutherson/RTS/Slater

Going to the Sharkies vs the Knights game on Saturday, can't wait
    Should be a good arvo, probably have a few in the leagues club pre game too
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Cheers Pete and Rev

Have pencilled in this week Smat back to centres via CHN in,Moga out
    And flipping a coin on Slater in,Kelly out

Gives me a back 5 of
    Aubo/Smat
    Gutherson/RTS/Slater

Going to the Sharkies vs the Knights game on Saturday, can't wait
    Should be a good arvo, probably have a few in the leagues club pre game too

Anticipating a whitewash this sat Booz ?

Do you normally head out with the Mrs or the Lads ?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:13 am

Revraiser wrote:

Anticipating a whitewash this sat Booz ?

Do you normally head out with the Mrs or the Lads ?

The mrs got a season ticket this year though I secretly thinks she goes for an excuse to have a pint and schnitzel. I am actually a kiwi so don't know that many lads over here, know more on the forums these days haha.

I think it will be close for 30 then blow out to flatter us. Best team we can out of the paddock so reckon we go fine. You going?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

The mrs got a season ticket this year though I secretly thinks she goes for an excuse to have a pint and schnitzel. I am actually a kiwi so don't know that many lads over here, know more on the forums these days haha.

I think it will be close for 30 then blow out to flatter us. Best team we can out of the paddock so reckon we go fine. You going?

I am a chance, its a long haul, one that i do monday to friday so for saturday i gotta get motivated !
    I wouldnt mind the 60+ again ! Cocky....
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Early mark from work here in brissie, now waiting for the game. Have no players so will be deathriding all 34 players!!

Moga gone for slater, will sleep on talakai or suli for bodene. 50\50 for me if it can wait a week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:02 pm

No active players for me tonight , just Babbey as NPR.

VSDT team has McGuire, McCullough, and NPR Moga, so hopefully they all do a lot of tackling in a Broncos loss.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:49 pm

I haven't been this confused since Inglis went for that drop goal

#Justhereforthegreenthumbsup

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:56 pm

Round 5 Trades

Just the one trade this week, had actually pulled the trigger on Kromwich to Bodene but after seeing the storm lineup thought I would give Kenny another week to make some extra $$.
    With a BE of 50 it doesn't hurt to wait a week on this trade

Corey Harawira-Naera

Allows me to bring Smat up to centre where he will hopefully stabilize the scoring with Aubo there.
    Provides a bottom priced cash out,possible more game time over origin and with a huge negative break even only needs to get on the field to make $$

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Week_510

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Round 5 Results

Well round 5 is over and the roller coaster that is fantasy football has managed to steer back on course.
    Everyone performed around their average, Cotric had a great game and the NPRs also made some $$.

Fixes to the troublesome CTR position also helped a lot, providing me some stable scores.

If Smat can remain injury free then I will happily take 40s for as long as they give them.
    The bones of a good team are there, with a couple halves upgrade and a POD fullback then I will be set for a while.

Trade Review
    Very happy with how things turned out here, even with Smat going off injured his score was in a vulnerable spot.
    CHN if he can hang around can possibly make large cash, but his job is done for now 

Was very close to making the trade to Slater but thought Suli could make more $$.
    With some doubt around Lamb thought it was better to save the cash and go a downgrade this week.

Also had pulled the trigger on Kromwich to Bodene but after seeing the Storm lineup and with Yates out opted to hold this trade and give Kenny another chance. Worked out ok this time Smile

H2H
    McChamps and the Pookie Dookies this week, some more tough games that could have gone either way but managed a couple wins.
    Sometimes it is as simple as playing Walker instead of Cotric or copping an AE.
    Either way I got the result but I am sure (like last week) I won't always get the dice roll. Cheers guys.

Injuries
    Lamb pulled up fine in the end so that was one less issue to worry about this week.
    Smat managed 2 head knocks and while there was nothing in them, he took no further part in the game.
    I hope that he is fine but with outside pressure looking at the knights, I hope he isn't made an example and forced to sit out a while. Yates didn't play and pulled out last minute, hope he is alright as well but will know more soon.

Form
    Scores were improved on last week with a lot of players putting out alright scores.
    This was across the average and thankful the cows will continue to make cash with a much needed burst.
    Kaufusi was down on his normal 40's so will need to be monitored, Gutho had a quiet game but this was bound to happen.

Anyways that wraps things up, will give some updated trade targets and thoughts later on in the week once TLT and the aftermath of the weekend has finished. Take it easy

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_50

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_32
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_33

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_51

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_52

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Roudn_12

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Roudn_13

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_55

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_53

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 5 Round_54

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:35 am

I love coming on here and checking how your team went Booze. Your team is looking mighty solid!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:14 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:I love coming on here and checking how your team went Booze. Your team is looking mighty solid!

Thanks mate, though my teams definitely a work in progress.

I saw your halves pairing over on the main thread and I am completely jealous  Fap
    I am at least another week or 2 away from making upgrades to Lamb/Jacks so will need to look at generating some more cash.

Cody walker has a BE of 60 will hope he has a couple quiet games then look at him (Then move to WFB later). May even look at DCE as looks to be playing well and a POD
    Not a fan of paying top dollar for players and this year the big money making options aren't quite there so will have to try to pick up bargains where I can.

Though might get lucky with some dropping in price to the point where it may even be a direct swap from Kromwich/Kaufusi/Yates
    Whitehead/Bodene/Bromwich in that order all look juicy at their price and when they bottom out they won't lose further money.
    Then there are players like RJames/JLeilua/Mannering getting cheaper too.
    Worst case they make what you paid and you would think their scores will rise in some capacity.

So only half the game is picking the right cows, still need to get the bargains too, just need to play the waiting game
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Love the indepth analysis Boozy. I come here every week.

Ps. Check PM

Post by Guest Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Sik wrote:Love the indepth analysis Boozy. I come here every week.

Ps. Check PM

Thanks Sik and everyone else who takes the time to read this thread.
    Love the feedback and comments, keeps me motivated to come back and do this each week.
    I try to give some insight in why I do something or what I plan to do in the near future, so happy if this helps people in some way.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Just the halves Boozy !

Post by Guest Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Revraiser wrote:Just the halves Boozy !

Yep won't be spending much on upgrades to forwards so next few downgrades the cash will be spent there.

Suli to Idris brings me up to 146k and cover for Smat should he not play.

Lamb at the moment is good for 35-40 points
    Jacks is 30-35 points
    So it's alright short term as price per point invested is ok but a couple bad scores and they will need to go. 

Also it's the reserves people often neglect and the sooner I get to 3x 2RF + McInnes the better.
    CHN won't be around forever,Kaufusi is servicable but leaves me a couple 40+ scoring reserves short (assuming Yates gets little game time and CHN disappears next week).
    You don't really want to be risking extra backs in your 17 if you don't have to.

Need to find another downgrade somewhere this week, will have to run with 1x back reserve in my 17 while i find another forward. 

In order:
    Frawley would be a great option to cash out if he starts (Slim chance)
    Hampton does create an AE later so would need to be cashed out again later (need to see if he starts and where Leary is). Could make $$ but costs 2 trades (one in and out)
    Edwards could score ok and chance to play next week on wing (171k only frees up 50k as a downgrade, Hiku should get the role so this is risky)
    Tyrone May Is a DPP Hlf/Ctr ,138k and no risk at AE, though won't make money either.
    Would move Fogerty to WFB while I cash out Kelly. 
    When another WFB cheapie becomes available, move Fogerty back and cash out Elgey.
    Low chance that another cheap half cow will show up.
    DCE He can be brought in for Lamb but destroys my cash pile to zero. Leaves me short to make any trades next week or fix other areas like reserve 2RF.

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:51 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Thanks Sik and everyone else who takes the time to read this thread.
    Love the feedback and comments, keeps me motivated to come back and do this each week.
    I try to give some insight in why I do something or what I plan to do in the near future, so happy if this helps people in some way.

I always enjoy reading your thread Boozey. Very enlightening.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 pm

Halves aren't that bad, can always bring Gutherson up and play Abbey/Cotric/Jennings in WFB

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 am