NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:42 am

Segayaro/Lichaa has scarred me as well haha, at least if Smith gets injured you can pick anyone
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by wolfking Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:52 am

That final team is insane.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 am

I'm impressed by your comeback from 30k ranking, did your shortlist help in making those crucial trades in the beginning of the season?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 am

Chewie wrote:I'm impressed by your comeback from 30k ranking, did your shortlist help in making those crucial trades in the beginning of the season?

Yes and no, I tend to build my teams based on the following order

1) Lock in the undercosted stars returning from injury (which everyone generally has anyways) = Hayne/RTS/ etc
    2) Then Cows as this will determine the make up of the team as you need to generate cash and also determines how many guns you can fit in = Idris/Phythian
    3) A safe captain option = Smith

Then the balance is based on my short list below in the following order or importance (Though I still stuck in the old forwards heavy mould)
    4) 2rf options
    5) FRF
    6) Halves
    7)CTR/WFB

The shortlist in fairness went pear shaped when i essentially had to force trade for multiple weeks to fix the injuries, but it is very important to get the right cows early.
    It may be simple as ranking players that you would pick, plan on doing something like this in the next few days

A couple other bits of advice, give failing players a chance to turn their week around and back your research, ie Whitehead/Cartwright  started crap so would have been crazy to rage trade them week 2.
    If in doubt about if the player you plan on bringing inwill back up their big score, take the price hit and give them another week to see.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Yes and no, I tend to build my teams based on the following order

1) Lock in the undercosted stars returning from injury (which everyone generally has anyways) = Hayne/RTS/ etc
    2) Then Cows as this will determine the make up of the team as you need to generate cash and also determines how many guns you can fit in = Idris/Phythian
    3) A safe captain option = Smith

Then the balance is based on my short list below in the following order or importance (Though I still stuck in the old forwards heavy mould)
    4) 2rf options
    5) FRF
    6) Halves
    7)CTR/WFB

The shortlist in fairness went pear shaped when i essentially had to force trade for multiple weeks to fix the injuries, but it is very important to get the right cows early.
    It may be simple as ranking players that you would pick, plan on doing something like this in the next few days

A couple other bits of advice, give failing players a chance to turn their week around and back your research, ie Whitehead/Cartwright  started crap so would have been crazy to rage trade them week 2.
    If in doubt about if the player you plan on bringing inwill back up their big score, take the price hit and give them another week to see.

Thanks for sharing your strategy and your advice... It seems like your strategy is pretty solid and proven looking at the results.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Chapter 1

Been having some deep thought regarding a few things.

Have decided to definitely go with Smith/McInnes to start the year
    Basically I want both in my team and failing a bench hooker being named for the dragon, I will run with this to start the year. I was jealous last year of the Smith/Friend combo early on and feel this can match it this year in what is the one of the highest scoring positions.

Being a sharks fan I do like what I see in Brailey but so much confusion at the moment and McInnes to start with should make money still without the added risk .
    It is also a large jump to the next decent hooker should something change should something happen to Brailey or his situation, ie = segeyaro

This would also mean I will have to sacrifice somewhere to find this and it will be at the detriment of my halves.
    Lamb/Elgey will be run in a lot of teams, either in their 13 or as a reserve= in scoring positions.
    Either way the risk is mitigated by the high ownership and both being played so this funds so playing both as halves allows me to reserve higher scoring positions (= all 3 2RF slots)

So will rely on these 2 to score for me, make money and hold the fort for upgrades later in the season

Slightly controversial but I would rather E Taylor over Moses or McInnes over Norman $$$ wise
    Also a lot of halves that have had injury flare ups over the past few weeks so gives me more time to assess and look at bringing one in after

A lot is subject to finding a couple reserve halves I am happy with, though unsure of worth writing of 2 positions completely there so will see how TLT goes.

More to come Smile

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Thought I would save this here from the main thread to help build up to tomorrow Smile Night all

The night before Team List Tuesday

'Twas the night before Team List Tuesday, when all through the house
    Not a league fan was stirring, not even a mouse
    The lists were all brainstormed and researched with care,
    In hopes that Mitchell Pearce, would be laying off the beer

The fanatics were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of 51 parties still stuck in their head
    And Calculations were done to stay under the cap,
    Looking at figures, no time to fap

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
    Away to the window I flew like a flash,
    Tore open the shutters, and threw up the sash.

Too see a large Wookie, a panda, a rabbit
    A broken tv even SI dang nabbit
    So what else to do on such a glorius night
    But to remake my team and get ready to fight

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:54 pm

Plan of attack over the next couple days

* Update short list of players
    * Create team
    * Early bye analysis for team with spreadsheet
    * Team average/estimates for round 1

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Edited to reduce team spam Smile

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 5 times in total

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Team 2 McInnes team, (minus Brailey/TTrbo/Surgess + McInnes/Talakai/Taylor)

Smith/Mcinnes
    Fifita/Bromwich/Yates/Leota
    Debelin/Taylor/Kromwich/Smat/Sironen/Kaufusi
    Lamb/Elgey/Hingano/Fogarty
    Idris/Talakai/Moga/Kelly
    Gutherson/Hayne/RTS/Phythian/Cotric

Gutherson covers halves, more bye friendly and potential to make $$
    Hooker set and forget until byes, same with FRF and WFB
    Smat to move to CTR

Negatives: halves and Ctr but have got to risk somewhere
    Midrangers everywhere in 2rf but can trade out underperformers and shouldn't lose miney

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 pm

My favourite team is the last one, but wil do some calculations tomorrow when I have a computer and check bye schedules etc
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Team 2 McInnes team, (minus Brailey/TTrbo/Surgess + McInnes/Talakai/Taylor)

Smith/Mcinnes
    Fifita/Bromwich/Yates/Leota
    Debelin/Taylor/Kromwich/Smat/Sironen/Kaufusi
    Lamb/Elgey/Hingano/Fogarty
    Idris/Talakai/Moga/Kelly
    Gutherson/Hayne/RTS/Phythian/Cotric

Gutherson covers halves, more bye friendly and potential to make $$
    Hooker set and forget until byes, same with FRF and WFB
    Smat to move to CTR

Negatives: halves and Ctr but have got to risk somewhere
    Midrangers everywhere in 2rf but can trade out underperformers and shouldn't lose miney

I really like this team Booze, look forward to your journey.
    Garden Chair
    Garden Chair

Post by Garden Chair Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:54 am

Great to see this return! santa

Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am

Boozy, check your PM.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:27 am

Sik wrote:Boozy, check your PM.

No worries mate, only had a chance to have a quick look but will reply on my lunch break later. All good
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:35 am

Boozecluez wrote:

No worries mate, only had a chance to have a quick look but will reply on my lunch break later. All good

Thanks mate.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 am

I'm not liking Moga boozy... I get the feeling Mead is back Round 2, and Moga is gone.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:56 pm

Sik wrote:I'm not liking Moga boozy... I get the feeling Mead is back Round 2, and Moga is gone.

More of a place holder at the moment to be honest, still playing around with the cheapies to make the team work so he is definitely not locked in.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Update: going to go Mcinnes with the rumours of Brailey, worst case Segy doesn't sign will look at bringing him in for Mcinnes should he underperform

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:28 am

Edited: text team removed

Game day updates below added to page 1 for easy reference

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 am