NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by RandomSil Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 pm

The front row reserves arent to stellar though. Dont mind the halves all that much.

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Guest Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

I always enjoy reading your thread Boozey. Very enlightening.
     Thanks ST, try to keep it interesting.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 pm

@Milch
    Fair point with moving Gutherson up for a bit and that's the beauty with a DPP player.
    I would like CWalker as my third WFB but waiting on a cash drop or 2 first.
    Rapana/Tedesco will be a luxury, Holmes is appealing (Also as a sharks fan) but Cotric can look after that third WFB.

Gutherson/RTS/Cotric

@Random Not that happy with FRF and in hindsight would have possibly been better going a couple cheaper FRF over Fifita. But got burnt last year with 4 mid rangers so live and learn and Fifita is due a big game or 2.
    Also no guarantee for Origin the way Daley picks teams haha
    Hoping an option comes up soon, worst case I move Wallace back to 2RF for a bit and bring in JBromwich. Then turn Papalii into a DPP Ctr which covers the FRF 

Tough this year with the limited options but probably enjoying it more Smile
    Just going to have to make do with what I have, there is no reset button.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Round 6 Trades

Cash outs this week, 212k remaining for upgrades next week

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_68

Jamal Idris
    Back from Injury/NSW cup and playing 80 minutes, as long as he stays on the field his price should go up (Capable of plenty of junk points).
    At 163k he works out as a great cash out, can cover for Smat (If he doesn't play) and worth a chance in the 17 if needed to .

Matt Frawley
    At 161k he is just a half cash out, has potential to score alright (if he gets the minutes) so worth a punt.
    Due to how he controlled the game on his debut, he has a chance to make the spot his own and force his way into the starting team.

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:32 pm

Frawley and Idris turned out to be great cash out options Booze.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Round 6 Results

Round is over and it was a massive round with some huge scores across the park.
    My score on most weeks would have been great but was probably about par with my ranking holding to the same and no inroads made. 

Given I made 2 downgrades this week,I wasn't expecting big things this week, so will have to be happy with where I finished.
    Will be another important week for many with these champion weeks (with multiple trade  paths) probably deciding the season. Chasing points and last weeks score isn't the answer.

Trade review
    Both trades went better than expected so very happy. There were other options like Hampton/Slater that may have worked too but you can't catch them all.
    Just have to pull the trigger on the priority trades first and worry about the luxury trades later.

H2H
    Some very tight rounds this week, probably the difference between some updates or certain results due to things you can't control... (Damn you for moving Gutho to fullback)
    Can't live your life with regrets
    Anyways congrats to SuperNintendoChalmers and Neillo, happy you weren't one of the 1000+ scorers so at least the score line was respectable haha.

Injuries
    Wow so managed to get through this week mostly unscathed, will await TLT in case something got missed but looking pretty good on this front. Abbey is the only sore point and will have killed off most of his earning potential now. Sometimes this game can be cruel.
    Smat came back and no HIA issues, even Yates played so happy for the few extra $$$ here too.

Form
    Wallace scored under his average but played against a rampaging Raiders team so could have been worse.
    Lamb and Jacks aren't hitting their targets with both needing a big score or have bottomed out.
    Gutherson being moved back to fullback hurt and with Moses being possibly moved to the eels soon, will be a tough call to know what to do with him.

The biggest appeal is DPP and his byes but how much will he bleed $$ as he doesn't look like a keeper back there anymore.

A lot of the guns have put out good scores, McInnes the only below par player there but relies on tackles and a few more attacking stats so should pick this up in the next few weeks.

So really it becomes a wait and see to decide what trades to make (like everyone else) and do what I can to be ready for the byes and claw some ground back.

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_58
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_59

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_34
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_35

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_61

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_63

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_66

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_65

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_64

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_62

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 6 Round_60

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post by Guest Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:Frawley and Idris turned out to be great cash out options Booze.

Thanks mate, that fact Frawley got more game time this early in the season was unexpected (due to injury) so sometimes you have to roll the dice. 
    Looked capable in his first game so was just a matter of time before he started which you would hope he has played himself into.

Idris seemed logical given all the other cash outs, but needed a reserve option for Smat (and a reserve in the 17) so his points were nice as well this week
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:21 am

Steadying the ship mate
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:25 pm

How are you feeling about Frawley? Chances he gets another run in the team?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Random wrote:How are you feeling about Frawley? Chances he gets another run in the team?

Unsure at this stage as common sense says you start him based on previous weeks but does Des have common sense?
    For me I am not too concerned, if he starts I will play him over Jacks.
    If he is on bench or doesn't play then will be outside my 17 so no dramas.
    Lucky it's the first game again this week

More concerned with the short term issues of Gutherson and possibly Jacks/CHN. (Last reserve)
    Plan was to make 2 forward upgrades but the Moses/Fullback thing threw a huge spanner in the works. While I feel he can still score 30-35 there, it means he will bleed a lot of cash.

So will probably turn Gutho into CWalker this week.
    Yates will probably become Crichton but will see

Need to do some more planning and get my figures sorted

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Unsure at this stage as common sense says you start him based on previous weeks but does Des have common sense?
    For me I am not too concerned, if he starts I will play him over Jacks.
    If he is on bench or doesn't play then will be outside my 17 so no dramas.

More concerned with the short term issues of Gutherson and possibly Jacks/CHN. (Last reserve)
    Plan was to make 2 forward upgrades but the Moses/Fullback thing threw a huge spanner in the works. While I feel he can still score 30-35 there, it means he will bleed a lot of cash.

So will probably turn Gutho into CWalker this week.
    Yates will probably become Crichton but will see

Need to do some more planning and get my figures sorted
    Don't think there is much wrong with Jacks as a last reserve mate, solid as a rock with little to no attacking output, if that comes on a dry tracj should provide a nice 40+

Post by Guest Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Don't think there is much wrong with Jacks as a last reserve mate, solid as a rock with little to no attacking output, if that comes on a dry tracj should provide a nice 40+

Yeah that's why I have been happy to run 2 cheapie halves while I work out who I want.
    Johnson has high ownership and is top dollar while Norman I have gone cold on with uncertainty with Moses and how he impacts him.

Anyways Jacks will do the job until Munster appears so need to have an out plan for him.

Will opt for POD halves of either AReynolds,Pearce (whoever doesn't get picked for origin) and one of Cleary/Dce or may go cheap with Milford/Moses (at Parra)

Probably something like Reynolds/Milford would be perfect

Post by Guest Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Round 7 Trades

Angus Chrichton in, Kenny Bromwich out
    Cody Walker in, Ryley Jacks out

Angus Chrichton
    Can break a tackle and possibly turn into a cut price keeper or at worst make 100k and play the big 3 byes. Worth a gamble and Kromwich is close to bottoming out so the extra cash allows me to do Walker upgrade with a chance for more points too

Cody Walker
    Plays 3 big byes, is great to watch and is a keeper at fullback where he will go later
    Provides an insurance policy for Gutherson and with Munster due back soon then too much uncertainty with Jacks
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks for sharing Booze! I appreciate the time you've put into this thread... My Aubs trade was inspired by you, and has been gold so far.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Chewie wrote:Thanks for sharing Booze! I appreciate the time you've put into this thread... My Aubs trade was inspired by you, and has been gold so far.

No worries Chewie, but you should thank Aubo, he is the one who got you those points haha
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Sad to see this end Booze. I enjoyed reading this thread every week and following you on your journey. Thank you for sharing this with us and best of luck for the rest of the year.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:Sad to see this end Booze. I enjoyed reading this thread every week and following you on your journey. Thank you for sharing this with us and best of luck for the rest of the year.

Thanks Pacey, appreciate the comment and will look to keep this going at least until end of the year

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:33 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Thanks Pacey, it is a shame but feel it needs to happen based on how things are on the forum these days.
    Might give it some more thought and make a decision on what needs to happen to keep this moving on, perhaps finish the season out to its end then knock it on its head then.
    Will sleep on it
    shoot me a pm mate, don't pack it in over a dummy spit
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Trophy

Cheers for the all of the auxiliary help Booze, been a pleasure reading your thread. I promise I have never plaegerised your trades......

Haha maybe just the one time. Good luck with the rest of the season buddy.

Trophy

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:01 pm

Haha it's all good, if a mod could clean up the thread a bit it would be appreciated. I would think but I don't own a Delorian. 
    Not fair to quit 6 games into the season positing on here, don't want people getting the wrong idea Wink

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 pm