NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Australian Squad

leaguegod

Australian Squad - Page 5 Empty Re: Australian Squad

Post by leaguegod Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:18 am

gillett & Frizzell are both right side players, either papali or cordner will start on the left

imo, given both papa and friz can play middle aswell, i think the bench will work better with both of them on the bench
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Interesting arguments re: the Fifita scenario. Personally I couldn't care less that he's not playing and am pretty OK with the non selection. Does his form warrant selection for Australia? Sure, 100%. Is the guy an absolute bellend that I wouldn't pick in a mates park team let alone a team to REPRESENT Australia... Yup.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Doesnt Darius Boyd have a 100% win record for Australia? With two Boyds in the squad how can we lose Laughing
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Two positives make a negative...
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:42 am

TopDog wrote:Doesnt Darius Boyd have a 100% win record for Australia? With two Boyds in the squad how can we lose Laughing

The side is inundated with Boyd if you count Cordner too.

Fairly close to a sure bet
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:09 am

Mearcats wrote:Two positives make a negative...
    Oh dear. Is that you CJ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:39 am

leaguegod wrote:gillett & Frizzell are both right side players, either papali or cordner will start on the left

imo, given both papa and friz can play middle aswell, i think the bench will work better with both of them on the bench

friz played left in origin and killed it.
    Cornder prob will start on the left with Gillett on the right with Merrin at lock tho.
    I would start friz on the left with Gillett and Merrin tho.

Papalii will be on the bench.

Maybe Friz wont make the actual team??
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:03 am

cordner killed in game 1 and plays left week in, week out

i think cordner/gillet/merrin should be the backrow

i think the bench will be morgan
    2 of the 3 backrowers who can all play edge & middle thaiday/papa/frizz (i'd go papa and frizz)
    1 of the 2 pure middle players Boyd/klem (i'd go klemmer)

i'd say all the people mentioned in this post will get a run at some stage and assuming we make the final, the best performing will make up the team

just like i also believe all of fergy/val/dugan and o'neal will all likely get a run, but only 2 will make the final team (i think mansour is a lock for a wing spot)

i think friend and maloney are the only 2 guys with a good chance at coming home without a run
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:02 am

Cordner will be there, and deservedly so. He's been close the best wide running forward in the game for a couple of years now when not injured, and this will put him running off Thurston with Inglis the option outside him. Tasty.

Papalii deserves a starting spot with the year he's had in both club and origin games, and can play in the middle. He might play lock rather than Merrin or he might be the unlucky guy who makes the bench. I'm a big fan of Merrin so can take either personally. Papalii coming off the bench would do an awesome job, as he did in origin.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:13 am

well mansour and woods are out of the first test in perth so you would think that Holmes will make his debut and boyd will be on the bench. Thaiday, Klemmer or Papalii may end up starting in the front row
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:03 am

leaguegod wrote:cordner killed in game 1 and plays left week in, week out

i think cordner/gillet/merrin should be the backrow

i think the bench will be morgan
    2 of the 3 backrowers who can all play edge & middle thaiday/papa/frizz (i'd go papa and frizz)
    1 of the 2 pure middle players Boyd/klem (i'd go klemmer)

i'd say all the people mentioned in this post will get a run at some stage and assuming we make the final, the best performing will make up the team

just like i also believe all of fergy/val/dugan and o'neal will all likely get a run, but only 2 will make the final team (i think mansour is a lock for a wing spot)

i think friend and maloney are the only 2 guys with a good chance at coming home without a run

Agree with your bench LG.

Merrin is probably lucky that the squad make-up lacks pure front rowers and has mostly wide running backrowers because realistically his only real competition for lock would be Klemmer and I suspect he'll be required in the prop rotation.

Cordner/Gillett seem the most likely 2nd row option selected but I wouldn't be surprised to see Papa get a run on in front of one of them (Mal loves him).
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Krump wrote:
    Oh dear. Is that you CJ?

If CJ is an Adonis then yes... If he's an accountant like Dip, OSM or multiple others on here then hell to the no.

In short, CJ, CJ, who the fuck is CJ?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Mearcats wrote:

If CJ is an Adonis then yes... If he's an accountant like Dip, OSM or multiple others on here then hell to the no.

Do I fucking look like I have no personality/friends/sense of humour/life????

I'm so angry right now.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'm so angry right now.

Hahaha, I figured grouping you with the accountants would be like fishing in a barrel with dynamite mate but the opportunity was just too good to pass up.

To answer your questions above though, yes, yes you do. Not sure what relevance that holds to your profession though.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'm so angry right now.

Pffft. Accountants have a great sense of humour. Here's a few examples.

Did you hear about the accountant who had constipation? He worked it out with a pencil.

There are three types of people in this world, people who can count, and people who can't.

What do accountants use as contraception? Their personality.

There are 10 types of people in this world, people who understand binary and people who don't.

How many accountants does it take to wallpaper a room? One if you slice him thin enough.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:55 pm

a few more to further illustrate how awesome we are

Why do accountants make good lovers? They're great with figures.

What is the definition of accountant? Someone who solves a problem you didn’t know you had in a way you don’t understand.

What's the difference between an accountant and a lawyer? The accountant knows he is boring.

What do you call an accountant who is seen talking to someone? Popular

Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:55 pm

Dip wrote:

Pffft. Accountants have a great sense of humour. Here's a few examples.

Did you hear about the accountant who had constipation? He worked it out with a pencil.

There are three types of people in this world, people who can count, and people who can't.

What do accountants use as contraception? Their personality.

There are 10 types of people in this world, people who understand binary and people who don't.

How many accountants does it take to wallpaper a room? One if you slice him thin enough.

If we had a "dad joke" thread I'd suggest putting this in there but TBH I don't even think this hit the highs of a dad joke.

Guess it's true what they say about accountants, only economists find em funny.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Mearcats wrote:
    Krump wrote:
    Oh dear. Is that you CJ?

CJ was Craig Johnston on Sportal.  He was still around when you joined but stopped playing DT so only posted in the League section.  He was very, errrr, average with both his numeracy and grammatical skills.  Funniest thing is he would stuff up pretty much every time he tried to count or work out dates etc but never learned to double check before he posted in all those years.  Then he'd cop a battering and get frustrated like a 9 year old repeating Grade 1 for the 3rd time.

He was 'Raffamatta' before that account was permabanned, so also gets referred to as Raffa sometimes.  We think Raffa was a closet Broncos fan even though he pledged allegiance to the Slipperies.  He spent more time in the Broncos thread than the Parra thread and he lived in Brisvegas.  Him and KFP were best of mates, not  lol!

CJ also believed that Jacob Loko was literally the Second Coming of Christ and would go on to be the best Centre in the history of the game.  The best way to get CJ to bite was to suggest that Loko would make a better backrower than a centre.  Worked a treat EVERY FUCKING TIME  Lol .  And by every time, literally at least one poster would lay that bait out each week, and he took it every single time!

Speaking of accountant's, CJ's wife was apparently a very successful accountant who earned more money in a month than the rest of us put together in a year!  Again though, Raffa maths was not kosher maths!

CJ left us when his real name was apparently revealed.  A pretty shit act by whoever did it, but CJ did make quite a few enemies.  He was a prolific poster and I for one miss him for that.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:13 am

is anyone here from the colo days prior to going back to sportal ?

CJ was Aay Yo back then, had a massive meltdown before he left the forum, as everyone knows, CJ was one to give it to everyone, one day someone went and found his real life profile (from what i recall he was much more Asian then most would have predicted) and posted it, He didn't take it well lol

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:27 am

leaguegod wrote:is anyone here from the colo days prior to going back to sportal ?

CJ was Aay Yo back then, had a massive meltdown before he left the forum, as everyone knows, CJ was one to give it to everyone, one day someone went and found his real life profile (from what i recall he was much more Asian then most would have predicted) and posted it, He didn't take it well lol

CJ was an innumerate Asian......

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 pm