NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 3

State of Origin Game 3 - Page 9 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 3

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Pieman wrote:The QLD Champions were all laughing amongst each other when Gallen was doing his speech.

I see nothing wrong with this. Gallen deserves to be laughed at, especially after his father talked him up as a future immortal Laughing
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:18 pm

I never way in on origin forum battles as I've genuinely hardly ever come across any unbiased supporters.
    But i have to emphasize again, how bad it looks when Gallen is bashed for his walk during Cam's speech, yet at the very seconds he was walking away half of the Qld team was not even listening, camera shows them facing away, laughing and making jokes with only a few giving Cam attention.
    I dont condone Gal's walk away, but Cam's team mates were twice as bad, unforgiveable.

For the record -
    Inglis should not have even been penalised.
    Fifita was way out of line, totally mistimed andand an overreaction.
    Jennings was offside.

Biggest satisfaction for me personally was Gallen giving the final passes for two of Nsw tries. Suck a fat one Gould. They were pretty neat passes i thought also. From a personality i used to love, Gould has become a tiresome bore. Gould isn't someone who would ever concede or decline either. Absolute oxygen thief.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Revraiser wrote:I never way in on origin forum battles as I've genuinely hardly ever come across any unbiased supporters.
    But i have to emphasize again, how bad it looks when Gallen is bashed for his walk during Cam's speech,  yet at the very seconds he was walking away half of the Qld team was not even listening, camera shows them facing away, laughing and making jokes with only a few giving Cam attention.
    I dont condone Gal's walk away,  but Cam's team mates were twice as bad, unforgiveable.

For the record -
    Inglis should not have even been penalised.
    Fifita was way out of line, totally mistimed andand an overreaction.
    Jennings was offside.

Biggest satisfaction for me personally was Gallen giving the final passes for two of Nsw tries. Suck a fat one Gould. They were pretty neat passes i thought also. From a personality i used to love, Gould has become a tiresome bore. Gould isn't someone who would ever concede or decline either. Absolute oxygen thief.

His shoulder into the head of Dugan and breaks his jaw, it's a penalty everyday of the week.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Honeysett wrote:

His shoulder into the head of Dugan and breaks his jaw, it's a penalty everyday of the week.

100% agree, injury or not it was a penalty

lined himself up, shoulder dipped, 5 yards before he got there FFS
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Dip wrote:

So people think Parker having words to Moloney when Gallen was about to take the kick was him having a sook about the kick. Apparently it was more about this:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/james-maloney-swoop-assault-on-maroons-veteran-corey-parker/news-story/00c488f8db56b60ca661bbc4971cc9ac

So what you're saying is Parker ran from a long way away to have a go at Maloney? Sounds familiar.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Honeysett wrote:

So what you're saying is Parker ran from a long way away to have a go at Maloney? Sounds familiar.
    What are you talking about? Have you been partying with Corey Norman?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Dip wrote:
    What are you talking about? Have you been partying with Corey Norman?

I wish.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:27 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I wish.

lol.

I'll start by saying that the more I think of it, the more I am comfortable with Inglis getting penalised (perhaps because Souths play the Broncos Saturday). I tend to think he was unlucky and rather than trying to lay on a shoulder charge, was probably turning to block Dugan running through in the same way every centre blocks chasers to protect their winger catching a bomb (why aren't they deemed shoulder charges?), but you have to be responsible for your own actions and he hit Dugan high and he was injured as a result.

Funnily enough, if you didn't see the play, and instead only saw the still photo in the below link, you couldn't be sure if it was Inglis laying on the shoulder charge or Dugan.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/greg-inglis-punishment-too-harsh-social-media-reacts/

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:17 am

That's such a shame I really liked Maloney until I saw that.. Hes now in the same category as the Ben Creagh back down
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:16 am

Dip wrote:

lol.

I'll start by saying that the more I think of it, the more I am comfortable with Inglis getting penalised (perhaps because Souths play the Broncos Saturday). I tend to think he was unlucky and rather than trying to lay on a shoulder charge, was probably turning to block Dugan running through in the same way every centre blocks chasers to protect their winger catching a bomb (why aren't they deemed shoulder charges?), but you have to be responsible for your own actions and he hit Dugan high and he was injured as a result.

Funnily enough, if you didn't see the play, and instead only saw the still photo in the below link, you couldn't be sure if it was Inglis laying on the shoulder charge or Dugan.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/greg-inglis-punishment-too-harsh-social-media-reacts/

It's a pretty clear cut shoulder charge for mine, it's not up there with his assault on Dean Young but it's still there. 3 weeks because Dugan got injured which is unfair because Dugan broke his wrist signing himself into hospital.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:19 am

That's the best quote from my post HS ??

Faarken qlder ! Lol only jiving.

Dugan suddenly coming at soeed right in front of Inglis, who braces for the immediate contact. The height is dugans fault. Best way to get to the bottom of this is answer the following - what else should inglis have done in this exact case ? He has no other options.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:56 am

Dip wrote:

So people think Parker having words to Moloney when Gallen was about to take the kick was him having a sook about the kick. Apparently it was more about this:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/james-maloney-swoop-assault-on-maroons-veteran-corey-parker/news-story/00c488f8db56b60ca661bbc4971cc9ac

oh so he was having a sook for maloney doing a gavin cooper/josh mcguire ?? still precious!

Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:36 am

For the record, Moylan made more tackles than any other half, he made more 1 on 1 tackles than any other half and missed only one. The Cooper try, which was one on one. Cooper almost impossible to stop from there one on one, where was Moylans help?

I though he was too sideways early, but I can't really knock him. His defense certainly didn't cost us dearly, maybe the teams did at certain times but it wasn't because of decisions Moylan made. Think people are just seeing what they want to see there.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:29 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I only just saw it then and I know I see things with maroon coloured glasses at times....but I didn't think it was that bad to be honest.

He came in from the angle so I would probably give the bloke the benefit of the doubt (particularly when he is a known cleanskin) that he was trying to flop onto Tedesco and accidentally skimmed his chin.

Penalty at worst.

Can't believe Inglis' charge though.
    Fuck that is pitiful and it wasn't even a shoulder charge FFS.
    Honestly the game needs to sort that shit out.
    They are in no way mitigating the risks of these incidental injuries occurring and quite frankly I am sick of the hypocritical way in which they scream blue murder when a contracted player wants to leave for another code......when on the other hand they rub out their star players at the same time.

Leads with the shoulder, has his arm pinned against his own body, his shoulder makes contact with the head, breaks a guys Jaw....................yeah, amazed he got suspended for that.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:13 am

I just can't wait for next year, I just think thee is gonna be a massive shift in culture with Gallen not the Skipper, but I do fear the ramifications of Woods being skipper, he is too much of a joker for mine. A Lot will depend on Daleys decision. I'm not sure who I'd go as captain to be honest, there is no long term certainty in the side who will play the full 80 minutes.

Hayne being back will be an interesting one.

Obviously I think he should be in the 1. We made the mistake for years of not putting him there and when we finally do he dominates and we win the series but Tedesco clearly isn't as dynamic and versatile so the fear is Hayne will be dumped on the wing or in the centres and Qld will win 2-1 again.

My main objective is to get our best backline players in the side.

1. Hayne (Obvious pick in the 1)
    2. Mansour (Think people are being too harsh on his slip, saw little ball outside Jennings in attack but fulfilled the role of hard running winger from kicks well, deserves to go around again)
    3. Tedesco (Crazy I know, but why couldn't who do exactly what Jennings does, similar size, shape and speed, solid enough defender, we simply have to find room for our best back line players, but I think Jennings will likely be there)
    4. Bird
    5. Ferguson (would be unlucky to be dropped based on back half of game 3 and his first ever Origin game and if he can get back to his best, he is great under the highball and matches up well with Oates. It may be a little early for TT as it would be a tough assignment against Oates, and he clearly would be at a size disadvantage, I'd like to see him tear it up for Manly in the 1 for another year)
    6. Moylan (will be far better for the series run, in both FB and at 6, people ragging on his defence but he missed only one tackle and had more defensive work than any other half. Just needs a protector to help him out, nothing different to any other half, think Lockyer, Thurston et al.
    7. Maloney (no reason to drop him after that series.
    8. Woods
    9. Peats (I still argue he is our best option going forward for the next half decade, get him in and lets see what he brings)
    10. Klemmer (Time the crazy one started)
    11. Jackson (still not 100% convinced but tough to drop)
    12. Frizell (Great introduction to Origin)
    13. Graham (Some classy touches including his inside ball to Maloney I believe, that was quality game management, threw one into the crowd but that is rare for him, I can forgive it)

14. Pearce (Yep, crazy I know, but Im working on the Cronk theory that this is when he should be debuting, not 8 years ago, can cover Peats for a period and defend in the line without any worry)
    15. Cordner
    16. Fifita (yeah yeah, brain explosion, but was killing it before that moment)
    17. JTurbo (can play big minutes, in the middle or on the edges)

Plenty of variables on that obviously. Especially the bench.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:29 am

Fair chance Oates won't be there next year if Billy plays. You'd think QLD team would be something like:
    1. Slater
    2. Gagai
    3. Inglis
    4. Chambers
    5. Boyd
    6. Thurston
    7. Cronk
    8. Scott
    9. Smith
    10. McGuire
    11. Papalii
    12. Thaiday
    13. Gillett

14. Morgan
    15. Napa
    16. Guerra
    17. Lillyman

Backups for injury: Oates, O'Neill, Munster, Hunt, Milford, Cooper, Myles, Friend, Barba, Norman, Grevsmuhl

Forwards not as strong without Parker and Thaiday, Myles, Lillyman a year older, but jesus, that's still a solid team. Papalii and Napa will be huge I reckon. Is it 2 games in Brisbane next year, or is one in Melbourne?
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 am

A bit like the Chicago Bulls in the 90's, I could equally say JT, Smith, Cronk and a few others who will do their job.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:43 am

Dip wrote:Fair chance Oates won't be there next year if Billy plays. You'd think QLD team would be something like:
    1. Slater
    2. Gagai
    3. Inglis
    4. Chambers
    5. Boyd
    6. Thurston
    7. Cronk
    8. Scott
    9. Smith
    10. McGuire
    11. Papalii
    12. Thaiday
    13. Gillett

14. Morgan
    15. Napa
    16. Guerra
    17. Lillyman

Backups for injury: Oates, O'Neill, Munster, Hunt, Milford, Cooper, Myles, Friend, Barba, Norman, Grevsmuhl

Forwards not as strong without Parker and Thaiday, Myles, Lillyman a year older, but jesus, that's still a solid team. Papalii and Napa will be huge I reckon. Is it 2 games in Brisbane next year, or is one in Melbourne?

I cant see them dropping Oates. I'm not convinced Slater will be back to be honest, but if he is, I can see Oates playing on the bench instead of Guerra he could easily do the job expected of Guerra but also covers some backline positions. Did Guerra even play this series??
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:48 am

If Thurston or Cronk were to go down, who plays in the Halves? On form you'd have to pick Norman wouldn't you.

I can't see Morgan being dropped for Milford as the benchie, so Milford is still a few years away for mine, same for Hunt. Napa is a certainty, and Cooper probably deserves to go around again, thought he was solid on debut. Again, youd have him before Guerra and possibly Smallmin Sam has had his time in the son. Would have been a smart move for him to go out with Parker. Both have been stalwarts but Parker was more valuable than Sam this series and I think both going together would have been fitting and ushered in some generational change in the forwards at a timely moment.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 pm

Ice wrote:If Thurston or Cronk were to go down, who plays in the Halves?  On form you'd have to pick Norman wouldn't you.

I can't see Morgan being dropped for Milford as the benchie, so Milford is still a few years away for mine, same for Hunt.  Napa is a certainty, and Cooper probably deserves to go around again, thought he was solid on debut. Again, youd have him before Guerra and possibly Smallmin Sam has had his time in the son.  Would have been a smart move for him to go out with Parker.  Both have been stalwarts but Parker was more valuable than Sam this series and I think both going together would have been fitting and ushered in some generational change in the forwards at a timely moment.

If its during the game, Morgan.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 pm