Have you not seen how big TTrbo is? He's huge, and with a year of weights under his belt he will fill out even more next year.@Ice wrote:I just can't wait for next year, I just think thee is gonna be a massive shift in culture with Gallen not the Skipper, but I do fear the ramifications of Woods being skipper, he is too much of a joker for mine. A Lot will depend on Daleys decision. I'm not sure who I'd go as captain to be honest, there is no long term certainty in the side who will play the full 80 minutes.
Hayne being back will be an interesting one.
Obviously I think he should be in the 1. We made the mistake for years of not putting him there and when we finally do he dominates and we win the series but Tedesco clearly isn't as dynamic and versatile so the fear is Hayne will be dumped on the wing or in the centres and Qld will win 2-1 again.
My main objective is to get our best backline players in the side.
1. Hayne (Obvious pick in the 1)
2. Mansour (Think people are being too harsh on his slip, saw little ball outside Jennings in attack but fulfilled the role of hard running winger from kicks well, deserves to go around again)
3. Tedesco (Crazy I know, but why couldn't who do exactly what Jennings does, similar size, shape and speed, solid enough defender, we simply have to find room for our best back line players, but I think Jennings will likely be there)
5. Ferguson (would be unlucky to be dropped based on back half of game 3 and his first ever Origin game and if he can get back to his best, he is great under the highball and matches up well with Oates. It may be a little early for TT as it would be a tough assignment against Oates, and he clearly would be at a size disadvantage, I'd like to see him tear it up for Manly in the 1 for another year)
6. Moylan (will be far better for the series run, in both FB and at 6, people ragging on his defence but he missed only one tackle and had more defensive work than any other half. Just needs a protector to help him out, nothing different to any other half, think Lockyer, Thurston et al.
7. Maloney (no reason to drop him after that series.
9. Peats (I still argue he is our best option going forward for the next half decade, get him in and lets see what he brings)
10. Klemmer (Time the crazy one started)
11. Jackson (still not 100% convinced but tough to drop)
12. Frizell (Great introduction to Origin)
13. Graham (Some classy touches including his inside ball to Maloney I believe, that was quality game management, threw one into the crowd but that is rare for him, I can forgive it)
14. Pearce (Yep, crazy I know, but Im working on the Cronk theory that this is when he should be debuting, not 8 years ago, can cover Peats for a period and defend in the line without any worry)
16. Fifita (yeah yeah, brain explosion, but was killing it before that moment)
17. JTurbo (can play big minutes, in the middle or on the edges)
Plenty of variables on that obviously. Especially the bench.
I too like pearce as the 14. I have said it for years, that is his best position in SOO.
Mansour slipped because he was out of position and people arent being harsh enough on him IMO, if we dont score that miracle, Mansour costs NSW the game.
Moylan missed one tackle which lead directly to the try - Cooper. He didnt really miss it either, he just got dragged back far enough for Cooper to score. Not many 6's would have made that tackle 1 on 1. He did, however though, make a tackle and hold on, but got dragged like 8m Heaps and heaps of times. He may not have missed the tackle but he was getting dominated.
That is basically what the side will be barring injury. I can see Fergo and Tedesco swapping around tho.
I also wouldnt be surprised if hayne played 6 if he comes back