NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 10 Match Thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Round 10 Match Thread Empty Round 10 Match Thread

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 1:35 am

Round 10 Weekly Write Up

Round 10 Match Thread 500022Round 10 Match Thread 500013

Even in this darkness I can still see that Josh Dugan is a Green Apple Barcardi Breezer drinking twat. Long gone are the days that the toothpick used to run around in the headgear, not just when he was playing for the Raiders but back when he was in high school with his helmet and water wings due to his dangerously low IQ. Still what the Raiders wouldn’t give to have him back in the side.. or Todd Carney.. or Anthony Milford.. or Blake Ferguson. Before this game started I said to myself that I would rather jam my dick in the door than watch this game and at half time the front door is still looking mighty tempting. The Glassman Shaun Fensom is likely to pick up an injury and then heal after the game and continue to disappoint those that have him in their fantasy teams. You’ll get more durability using cling wrap as a condom than relying on Fensom’s body to hold up. Mitch Rein continues to look homeless, is it a man bun? Is it the samurai look? Whatever it is it’s fucking shit house. Get a haircut you fucking hippie. If you spent less time with Greenpeace and trying to save the whales you could become a half decent number 9, instead you’re like the number 9 special at my local Thai joint - greasy, over priced and horrible to look at. The Raiders used to have the hoodoo over the Dragons but that’s been and gone just like the wonder years of both clubs. I started the week not giving a fuck about this game and I continue to do so. Post game - Oh. My. Fucking. God. What the fuck was that? That’s one of the biggest brain snaps I have ever seen. Wighton you are an absolute bell end. Ricky Stuart may one up Nathan Brown here, he may drop the dumb cunt.

FTS. Frizzell in the 16th minute
    Dragons by 4 due to a brain snap

Round 10 Match Thread 500031Round 10 Match Thread 500005

A lot has happened in the down time since the last write up, mainly the Eels cheating the salary cap on their way to wooden spoons. At least we earned ours fair and square, it makes you feel a lot better knowing you didn’t have to cheat your way to last place. Anthony Watmough has departed the club in what is one of the worst pieces of business since someone signed that knuckle dragger Anthony Watts. My highlight of Watbro’s career is Tony Archer telling him to stop charging at him, still gives me the giggles. Look it up on YouTube if you’ve forgot it’s brilliant. In fact, no. Here is the link, (Link) I’m not going to write anymore until you’ve watched it … done? Good. You’re welcome. I haven’t seen cheating this bad since I played “Heads down, thumbs up” as a kid and used to look under my arms to see what shoes someone was wearing. In absolutely fantastic news the Knights aren’t on the bottom of the ladder! It’s time to crank out the champagne and toast to what is truly a miracle, something to be enjoyed for two weeks. In Rabbits news what was Sammy Burgess thinking? I haven’t seen that kind of irresponsible driving since Peter Brock. There’s something up with those Burgess boys and selfies, who can forget big George Burgess, I haven’t been able to get out of cutoffs through sheer inadequacy. In an attempt to halt their massive slide down the ladder they’ve put GI in a 5/8 but it’s not going to work. GI is done, he needs to have surgery on his knee and take a year off. A year is 365 days, Greg. That’s one year. Not two. One. Not two. With the Eels playing for points again this year this could go either way, are they dirty on the club for doing this? Are they going to be pissed Peats is gone? Or are they going to be galvanised by this and shove it up the NRL. I honestly don’t have a clue.

FTS Jennings
    Eels by 1

Round 10 Match Thread 500014Round 10 Match Thread 500032

Can the Warriors do anything right? Fuck me, painkillers and energy drinks? Gone are the days of cocaine and bikkies. Fucking get on it lads or stop with the pansy drugs. Even the dumb cunt girls are festivals can double drop and be alright a few days later. They’ve got a toxic culture in NZ and something has got to give, you can’t just grow up through your junior years 14 feet bigger than everyone else and just coast through your career, the rest of the kids grow up and are tough having to tackle the man childs their whole career and you’re no longer the big kid that can just lazily push through defenders. Stop being lazy pricks and pull your finger out of your ass or don’t because I love giving my Warrior loving mates shit about how they’ve never won a premiership. If they didn’t have the All Blacks they’d probably ditch their silver ferns and slap on a Southern Cross on the back of their V8 commodores. Calls for Matt Moylan to be the Blues fullback hopefully fall on deaf ears, the kid can play but my god he would still get asked for ID to go a M rated movie. The baby faced boy from the foot of the mountains is honestly mounting a solid case to be there for the Blues but whether or not it’s too soon we’ll see. Someone ask Mullen how it feels to be thrust in there before you’re ready, kinda like when the girl jumps on top after giving you a blowie and getting you nearly there, starts grinding and tells you not to cum but you already about to nut, Moylan isn’t ready and sorry Leah I wasn’t ready either. They’ve let ET go home and by home I mean a shit team that doesn’t perform. Panthers will make the most of the Warriors being a mess and get the chocolates.

FTS DWZ
    Panthers by 12

Round 10 Match Thread 500021Round 10 Match Thread 500012

The Storm V The Cowboys @ Suncorp … what the fuck? Ah right it’s a double header. With the crowd most likely there for the Broncos this game will have about as much awkward atmosphere as a Rolf Harris concert at a childcare centre. Undeserved as well because this shapes as the game of the round. Top 4 clash between two teams who have been incredibly impressive so far this year. This is my tip for the Grand Final, write it down now. I’ll probably change it in a few weeks but you can quote me here. Cameron Munster has stepped up beyond any expectations, with the sun coming down on Billy the Kid’s career you have a ready made replacement that you would want on a lifetime deal at the moment, the kid is as flash as a rat with a golden tooth. Lachlan Coote seems to have got over his cancer scare early on in the season (not a real cancer scare for those first time readers - I called him Leukaemia Skywalker due to his freshly shaved head) his form is so impressive that he would be my first picked for an Origin jersey come June 1st. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cam Smith hits the ref with a right hook and the Broncos get the penalty for it later on, protected species both of them. This could go either way and very well could go to golden point and in fact that’s what I’m predicting, this is going to be the game of the round and I’m tipping the Heartbreak Kid Cooper Cronk to kick the winning field goal.

FTS Morgan
    Storm by 1

Round 10 Match Thread 500002Round 10 Match Thread 500011

Not content with having the NRL prop them up at every turn the Broncos have gone one further and have started buying away games from poor and struggling clubs in an attempt to further cirsumvent fair competition. You wouldn’t expect anything less from the Broncos. If these were the only teams left in the competition I’d deadset support the refs such is my hated for these two germ clubs. The Broncos with the worst fans in the comp and Manly are just plain out and out cunts. I’d rather support the kids I’ve probably accidentally fathered along the years. In terms of actual rugby league quality this double header should be better than the McGregor/Aldo Weidman/Rockhold supercard. Keep me in mind if you ever watch that fight again, I had $500 on Aldo to win. Knocked out in 13 seconds. I could have hired a top shelf prossie for that and got at least twice as long (including clean up) Like a drunken Honeysett at 3am I can’t see Manly getting up here. The Broncos are likely to continue their march towards another top 4 finish and another GF disappointment. Historically speaking they're the two most successful clubs in the NRL era with two premierships a piece, if I never live to see another one that would just be fantastic although unless I drop dead in the next few years I can’t see that happening, but hey one can hope.

FTS Oates
    Broncos by 8

Round 10 Match Thread 500003Round 10 Match Thread 500028

Like Lamb to the slaughter the Knights are walking into a bloodbath. I tried to write a joke about the nursery rhyme Barba Blacksheep and Brock Lamb but everything just came out sounding racist so I decided against it. Nothing was very funny either so there’s not much to miss out on then. Usually I would talk about how rubbish the Knights are but I’m going to take a different approach this week, this week I’ll talk about all the things better than Newcastle. Ahem. A Justin Bieber greatest hits CD, realising you have no toilet paper mid shit, getting your dick caught in your zipper, the Spice Girls movie and the ending to How I Met Your Mother. I’m convinced that if Newcastle had an intraclub game they’d come away with two losses. The Sharks will absolutely tear the Knights to shreds, I can imagine this will be similar to Sharknado - a comedy where the Sharks fuck up the useless nobodies. As a Knights fan I can only hope that this one is over shortly. The Sharks have a heap of guys that will be playing State of Origin and this is a game where they can show off, Fifita will score a double and Bird will bag a hat trick. This will not be over quickly, this will not be enjoyable. Bend over Newcastle, Sharks aren't even going to spit on their cocks - they're going in dry.

FTS Fifita
    Sharks by 30

Round 10 Match Thread 500023Round 10 Match Thread 500010

No Teddy, No Tigers. Pure fact, the Tigers are going to struggle more than 50 with a plane seatbelt, no you can’t have a fucking belt extension. The Tigers have signed another sort of hooker, sort of second rower, sort of first grader in Elijah Taylor. Fair to say that he may be a pretty good pick up for the Tigers but anything amongst that rabble will look like gold. Apparently Robbie Farah has a badly bruised ass but will still play, shouldn’t be a problem for Farah though, he’s got his head up his own ass all the time a slight bruise couldn’t hurt anymore (especially with that nose) Speaking of which Farah mid week spoke about how Peats should do whatever is right by him. Listen here Farah we know you’re going to say that you egomaniacal wank, you’ve never put the club before yourself. You could write a Bold and the Beautiful episode with the amount of drama you have caused your club. Fuck you. Hoppa is praying to John Smith on Sunday so he won’t be playing - I might use this excuse next time I want a day off work. The flying spaghetti monster in the sky insists that I do not work today and get paid double time, whilst being fed grapes from scan-dally clad women. I was talking to a Dogs fan yesterday about the Parramatta scandal, he said to kick them out of the comp. I gave him the blank stare and decided it was better to just finish my beer and thank fuck I don’t have the memory of a fucking goldfish. Dogs or Storm fans that complain about Parramatta need to have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. Anyway with the Dogs playing like they’ve got worms and they’re scooting their ass on the carpet and the Tigers better off being used as boner meds for the Chinese I’m going to toss a coin.

FTS: Perrett
    Dogs by 4

Round 10 Match Thread 500004Round 10 Match Thread 500001

Nathan Davis reminds me of the dancing baby thing from that old show, Ally something. Head like a fucking capsicum. The Titans will not win enough games this year with outside backs like watch me whip, watch me Nene MacDonald. They might look flash in attack but in defence they couldn’t stop a dripping tap if they were a plumber. With the news that they’ve now signed Peats for the rest of the year and next they’ll certainly be a lot better off, however they’ve now got more hookers than the Red Light District. They’re set to face more legal trouble this year with the West Tigers filing for copyright infringement. Too many hookers is there gimmick, god dammit! The Roosters last time out put a massive number on the Knights which is like paying for a prossie and bragging that you got laid - at this point it’s just sad. Mitch Pearce has ruled himself out of Origin this year which gives this full blooded New South Welshman a full blooded erection, I haven’t heard better news since The Fappening. Both resulting in this guy firing off some knuckle children in celebration. Despite the great signing news for the Titans they’re going to get wasted in this game, the Chooks will make the 8 and this is where their charge starts.

FTS Fergy Ferg.
    Roosters by 14

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Round 10 Match Thread Empty Re: Round 10 Match Thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 13, 2016 2:01 am

Nostradamus!
    FTS Frizz would have paid a pretty penny....

On another note, despite the shit lighting, fuck that was a mighty entertaining game to watch.
    Thoroughly enjoyable and had everything from razzle dazzle to a smashed snoz and some hair pulling.

My boy Rapana is deadset almost the best player in the comp at the moment.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 3:01 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Nostradamus!
    FTS Frizz would have paid a pretty penny....

On another note, despite the shit lighting, fuck that was a mighty entertaining game to watch.
    Thoroughly enjoyable and had everything from razzle dazzle to a smashed snoz and some hair pulling.

My boy Rapana is deadset almost the best player in the comp at the moment.

Rapana is deadset killing it! You called it after Round 2 or 3 but gee he just keeps getting better. I know he's a reasonable size, but nice to see a winger who isn't 6 foot 4 and 120 kilos destroying the opposition, and with some skill and smarts to boot, not just size.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri May 13, 2016 6:54 am

Absolute Gold HS! 'Watch me whip, watch me Nene', corn flakes all over the table, and a lil bit of milk out the nose.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 13, 2016 8:14 am

SI wrote:

Rapana is deadset killing it!  You called it after Round 2 or 3 but gee he just keeps getting better.  I know he's a reasonable size, but nice to see a winger who isn't 6 foot 4 and 120 kilos destroying the opposition, and with some skill and smarts to boot, not just size.

What I didn't do though is include him in my fantasy teams....
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 13, 2016 8:17 am

Also well played Honeysett - some cracking lines throughout.

Out of interest who is writing your material because there is no way you are this humorous??

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 8:26 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Also well played Honeysett - some cracking lines throughout.

Out of interest who is writing your material because there is no way you are this humorous??
    Nad lad Honeysett has a great sense of humour, well thats what his Eharmony profile says.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 10:12 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Also well played Honeysett - some cracking lines throughout.

Having hilarious mates helps, not having a filter is also good. I also ghost write for Jimmy Carr so you've got to be on your A game.

@bren eharmony? Pfft I'm not after bitter divorcees with an axe to grind haha. Too much hassle.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri May 13, 2016 10:29 am

Honeysett wrote:

@bren eharmony? Pfft I'm not after bitter divorcees with an axe to grind haha. Too much hassle.

But the crazy ones are always the best in bed.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri May 13, 2016 10:49 am

tony williams getting dropped is a bit of a blow for the tigers
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 10:57 am

Dip wrote:

But the crazy ones are always the best in bed.

Until they start saving your sperm.

Never promise crazy a baby!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 13, 2016 11:12 am

leaguegod wrote:tony williams getting dropped is a bit of a blow for the tigers

Not really. Tony Williams is one of those guys who plays 3 good games a year, and 2 of them are against the Tigers.

We are champions at allowing average players to shine against us.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 11:13 am

Round 10 Match Thread 0515bda36bb900c3e7a0a119bfcfc6efRound 10 Match Thread 44286_41_1
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 11:13 am

leaguegod wrote:tony williams getting dropped is a bit of a blow for the tigers

Lol
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 11:14 am

Honeysett wrote:Round 10 Match Thread 0515bda36bb900c3e7a0a119bfcfc6efRound 10 Match Thread 44286_41_1

That was my favourite line, and I'm stealing it. Allthough I've got a fair old noggin so need to be careful who I use it on.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 11:18 am

SI wrote:

That was my favourite line, and I'm stealing it.  Allthough I've got a fair old noggin so need to be careful who I use it on.

He's taken over the mantle from Dan Hunt

Round 10 Match Thread Danhunt
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri May 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Great write up again HS under the pump. Firing off knuckle children lol! I've been round a while and never heard that terminology. Might be the rock i live under....
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri May 13, 2016 12:53 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Not really. Tony Williams is one of those guys who plays 3 good games a year, and 2 of them are against the Tigers.

We are champions at allowing average players to shine against us.
    Uate is the other one
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Who's winning today gents?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Broncos.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am