NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Round 10 Match Thread

    Share
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9521
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by SI on Sun May 15, 2016 2:59 pm

    @Ben Hunt's Butterfingers wrote:
    @Random wrote:Paul Green saying the game slipped through his teams fingers...

    His team lost due to a field goal..

    The Broncos lost due to a field goal in the grand final..

    The ball slipped through Ben Hunt's fingers...

    #Triggered.

    Can confirm, Ben Hunt has Butterfingers.

    Lol
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4896
    Reputation : 623
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Random on Sun May 15, 2016 3:06 pm

    Interesting moves pulled by the Tigers with Sironen being dropped to 18th man. I like Hunt at FB to replace Tedesco and hopefully E. Taylor plays some big minutes.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9521
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by SI on Sun May 15, 2016 3:13 pm

    @Random wrote:Interesting moves pulled by the Tigers with Sironen being dropped to 18th man. I like Hunt at FB to replace Tedesco and hopefully E. Taylor plays some big minutes.

    Yeah, Sironen hasn't been great, but it's not like Halatau is setting the world afire. Halatau as Co-Captain is what we feared with him probably not being dropped all season. Although he offers a bit as a utility. Ballin had a blinder yesterday apparently and was man of the match.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun May 15, 2016 4:33 pm

    @Random wrote:
    Don't even know what you are talking about mate.

    Your boy Semonar has gone off.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9521
    Reputation : 1716
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by SI on Sun May 15, 2016 4:40 pm

    @SI wrote:
    @Random wrote:Interesting moves pulled by the Tigers with Sironen being dropped to 18th man. I like Hunt at FB to replace Tedesco and hopefully E. Taylor plays some big minutes.

    Yeah, Sironen hasn't been great, but it's not like Halatau is setting the world afire.  Halatau as Co-Captain is what we feared with him probably not being dropped all season.  Although he offers a bit as a utility.  Ballin had a blinder yesterday apparently and was man of the match.

    Glad we have Halatau on the bench!!!
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5051
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Sun May 15, 2016 4:41 pm

    Gee he was snoring as soon as he hit the ground, not good to see.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 15, 2016 5:01 pm

    100% a sin-bin or send off for Hunt on Mbye.... 100%
    WTF
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 15, 2016 5:02 pm

    Jesus christ Kevvie N's defence is terrible.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5051
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Sun May 15, 2016 5:03 pm

    @Pieman wrote:100% a sin-bin or send off for Hunt on Mbye.... 100%
    WTF

    I must be watching a different game, it was high and it looked a lot worse than it actually was. There was no stiff arm or anything.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 15, 2016 5:14 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    I must be watching a different game, it was high and it looked a lot worse than it actually was. There was no stiff arm or anything.

    He jumps up, leaves his feet and hits him smack in the head, and only in the head...

    No intent in it, but something like that use to be a send off every time.
    Either that or a sin bin.

    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5051
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Sun May 15, 2016 5:57 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    He jumps up, leaves his feet and hits him smack in the head, and only in the head...

    No intent in it, but something like that use to be a send off every time.
    Either that or a sin bin.


    It hasn't been a send off for years. When was the last time you've seen someone sent off for that? Send offs should be for foul play only
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 15, 2016 6:07 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    It hasn't been a send off for years. When was the last time you've seen someone sent off for that? Send offs should be for foul play only

    Thats why I said use to be a send off
    It was foul play, it was a penalised head high from a bloke who was just about the last line of defence
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 3084
    Reputation : 497
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Sun May 15, 2016 9:33 pm

    Top stuff today, the evolving of a new look sharks team is looking awesome.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 838
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by leaguegod on Sun May 15, 2016 10:11 pm

    wasn't a send off but if hunt tackles him fairly, holds him down to long its a sin bin, instead he stop a huge break with a clearly illegal tackle and isn't really punished. i'd like to see a lot less tackle put on report but when put on report have an actual on field punishment like a 5 min sin bin

    leaguegod

    Posts : 838
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by leaguegod on Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 pm

    as for us, i loved the consistent effort, dragging the tigers player back with 2 minutes to go and scoring playing right till the end was something we rarely do. satisfied with the win but obviously the teddy less tigers wern't a great test

    klemmer has been massive lately and was again, perret played a GF at fullback but i think looked more comfortable today then he ever did that season.

    the disappointing thing about today is that with our trend it means we will lose to the chooks next week, hate losing to them cunts
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2211
    Reputation : 187
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 15, 2016 10:21 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:wasn't a send off but if hunt tackles him fairly, holds him down to long its a sin bin, instead he stop a huge break with a clearly illegal tackle and isn't really punished. i'd like to see a lot less tackle put on report but when put on report have an actual on field punishment like a 5 min sin bin

    A high coathanger should be a send off IMO.
    A sin bin at the very least, considering the situation.

    Its crazy to me that, as you said, if he lays on him for 3 seconds he gets penalised and binned, yet if he takes the blokes head off (which he did), he gets no punishment besides getting penalised and the attacking team loses a player for 15 mins.

    Fullbacks should just start doing it on purpose. High shots or shoulder charges on blokes who make breaks coz they will cop a penalty then everyone can get back and get set.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5051
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Sun May 15, 2016 10:29 pm

    Massive overreaction. It wasn't as bad as you're making it out @Pieman - he hits him high yes but there's more malice in a swinging arm across the head or spear tackle than what he did. It's purely because it looks so dramatic that people blow up about it. There's really not a lot in it.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5051
    Reputation : 1516
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 10 Match Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Mon May 16, 2016 1:34 pm

    To the guys calling for the send off, he's not even going to miss a game if he takes the early guilty plea. Looked dramatic wasn't bad.

      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 pm