NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

Finch
    Finch

The Gaming Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:23 am

Post your team up Random...

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:51 am

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Bren wrote:@Random

The Gaming Thread - Page 13 404b150250d21468d3233176bfd9b2062bfa7af27b07535cfa394fc893ae7c70

Aww I wish though, had a mate out at 4am today at the beach and he caught 3 pikachu.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:24 pm

The Gaming Thread - Page 13 ZVuG9n4
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 pm

You guys are killing it.
    I missed the memo on the waiting for magic eggs to smash out heaps of xp all at once.

Level 11 (I think) and my highest CP is around 500.

There's a pokestop in my apartment building and a gym just out of range from my bedroom but I wandered around there last night when I saw it was a level 8 gym and the first 5 fghts were 10CP haha, smashed them over and over as much as I could til I decided I didn't want to be that guy in a hoodie in a dark alley playing pokemon in the dark. :pp:
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:55 pm

@Random

Nice spread of Eevee evolutions. I've now got 4 Vaporeon and 1 Flareon. That 460CP Eevee I talked about last night evolved into a 1190CP Vaporeon so that was sweet.

@Filth

Stock up on your evolutions now Smile . Lucky to have a stop where you live
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Finch wrote:@Random

Nice spread of Eevee evolutions. I've now got 4 Vaporeon and 1 Flareon. That 460CP Eevee I talked about last night evolved into a 1190CP Vaporeon so that was sweet.

@Filth

Stock up on your evolutions now Smile . Lucky to have a stop where you live

Yeah that's what I'm doing now - no evolving til I get a magic egg. Got three or four sitting around waiting for it now.

I cannot fathom how people at gyms I've gone by have 2000+CP. It's insane. I feel like I've been wasting time on this, these people must've been wandering around through the night.

EDIT: Might pop a lure when I get home for shits and gigs. Only hanging out on the couch til 6pm when it's off to my mate's for origin. Wonder if there'll be much near her place!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Whats the difference between a magic egg and the egg I have which says 2.0km? Does that mean it will take 2k of walking for it to hatch when I put it in the incubator?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:15 pm

filthridden wrote:

Yeah that's what I'm doing now - no evolving til I get a magic egg. Got three or four sitting around waiting for it now.

I cannot fathom how people at gyms I've gone by have 2000+CP. It's insane. I feel like I've been wasting time on this, these people must've been wandering around through the night.

EDIT: Might pop a lure when I get home for shits and gigs. Only hanging out on the couch til 6pm when it's off to my mate's for origin. Wonder if there'll be much near her place!

Hahaha mate. You have got the bug for sure. If the servers are down for me, I dont go out to the Supermarket and what not until its all fixed. You should be able to catch some new mons out her way too if it's in a different area?

Yeah I've been walking around at night too, but I'm only level 15 and have been playing since day 1, so don't know what they have been doing.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Bren wrote:Whats the difference between a magic egg and the egg I have which says 2.0km? Does that mean it will take 2k of walking for it to hatch when I put it in the incubator?

Magic Egg = Lucky Egg.

Lucky Egg gives 2x the EXP for 30 minutes.

The eggs you have which have 2/5/10KM attached mean you have to walk that far to hatch them. Dont drive because it wont work. I find running sometimes doesn't work either. It will update every 5-10 minutes and if it doesn't it means the app bugged out so close and reopen.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:17 pm

@Random

Is it your Birthday?

Happy BDay if so
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:58 pm

The site of seeing about a dozen pokestops all with lures at universities is probably how these people have been progressing so quickly.

Don't know about NZ but there are a lot of pubs and stuff that are jumping on board and taking advantage if they've got a stop/gym. Free jugs for gym leaders, throwing lures down at their place of business, organising meets etc. Smart folk!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:41 pm

What are you supposed to do when you fight at a gym? Tap the screen really fast? Im confused.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Also just found a stretch with like 10+ pokestops all lined up together. Sweet!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Bren wrote:What are you supposed to do when you fight at a gym? Tap the screen really fast? Im confused.

I think you tap your own pokemon lots. and swipe left/right to dodge. I'm still not sure I understand the fights 100% and I'm pretty sure I've been glitched out heaps during them.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:48 pm

filthridden wrote:

I think you tap your own pokemon lots. and swipe left/right to dodge. I'm still not sure I understand the fights 100% and I'm pretty sure I've been glitched out heaps during them.
    Thanks Filth. (Also thanks to Finch for all his help- has been awesome). So what happens if you lose the fight? You lose your pokemon?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

You have to feed it back to health with items. If you keep feeding them back to full health then you can keep on fighting as long as you've got the items to do so.

Wouldn't worry too much about fighting, same as I'm not - unless you find a gym which is a high level with lots of low CP there. I think those will be few and far between though.

I'm nowhere near high enough level to be of any use to any gyms.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 pm

filthridden wrote:The site of seeing about a dozen pokestops all with lures at universities is probably how these people have been progressing so quickly.

Don't know about NZ but there are a lot of pubs and stuff that are jumping on board and taking advantage if they've got a stop/gym. Free jugs for gym leaders, throwing lures down at their place of business, organising meets etc. Smart folk!

I haven't seen anything yet myself, but I only went into the city on Monday to do bulk xp training with lures around at the Waterfront.

I went to JB Hifi and they had signs up near the Power Banks haha. I actually just bought a power bank for this game, they are selling quite fast.

I've seen pictures of places in America and what not offering discounts for certain teams etc.

In NZ on Saturday, there are going to be walks all over the country starting at 12PM. The one I'm going to supposedly has 1K+ people going LOL, based on FB anyway.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Bren wrote:What are you supposed to do when you fight at a gym? Tap the screen really fast? Im confused.

Not like super mega ultra fast, but quite fast yeah. When you are tapping the screen you are using your basic attack. Each Pokemon has two attacks, the basic and the power up attack (That light blue bar that fills up when you are battling)

To use the Power up attack (we'll just call it a super attack) you have to hold down your phone, you will see a little line underneath the bar, let go and you will do it. Sometimes the app glitches though and you dont do it, but generally works for me.

I wouldn't really bother with dodging, I dont do it very often and if I do it's only when I know I'm in control of the fight and I do it to practice dodging.

Bren wrote:Also just found a stretch with like 10+ pokestops all lined up together. Sweet!

Thats epic. If you find 2-3 really close together that will probably be a lure hotspot. Failing that you can just walk down that stretch of road back and forth, hatch your eggs and top up on items and the stops will finding mons on the way.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 pm

filthridden wrote:You have to feed it back to health with items. If you keep feeding them back to full health then you can keep on fighting as long as you've got the items to do so.

Wouldn't worry too much about fighting, same as I'm not - unless you find a gym which is a high level with lots of low CP there. I think those will be few and far between though.

I'm nowhere near high enough level to be of any use to any gyms.

Basically this. If you lose, or win for that matter, you have to use revives + potions to heal everyone back up. When the Gym prestige is high and you are trying to take it down, it can take several revives and potions to take it over. Did you know you can double team up on a Gym? Bring a friend who is in the same team as you and you can both battle it at the same time, I think...

You need to hold Gyms to get the Pokecoins (Unless you want to pay real world money which im not). Every 21 hours you get 1000 stardust and 10 Pokecoins for each gym you are apart of. If you want to try it out, find a gym that has your own team, drop a pokemon off there, go into shop and in the top right you will see a shield, tap and you will get 1k stardust and 10 Pokecoins.

Same goes for you Filth, drop a Pokemon off at the same team gym as you, claim the tokens so you can see how it works. You don't have to be the leader to claim the coins, just apart of it.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:43 pm