NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

Finch
    Finch

The Gaming Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Finch Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Bren wrote:Deadset several hundred people out walking around playing it in Southbank. Crazy.

Yeah. Its awesome to see though.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Finch wrote:
    Bren wrote:Just caught a Clefairy in my lounge room. CP of 45.  Is that any good for a noob?

Clefairy is somewhat rare, so if you can catch them while sitting at home then you are in luck. It's not that strong no. Generally you need a CP of at least 500 to beat gyms, if not 700-800. 1K+ and you are flying. I've seen 2K+ CP though in pictures.

Regarding CP, don't feel like you are lagging too far behind either. You can jump pretty significantly early on.

As Finch mentioned 500 CP is the average/norm around more areas and with a team of them you can take any gym really. Even one with a couple 1000s. (May need some help though.)

Finchy and everyone else post up how your teams are going so we can have a dick measuring contest.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Got a 680 pincer but nothing else above 500 but I'm up to level 12 and I'll do an egg session of evolving tomorrow so hopefully that gets me up a couple of levels. I had a crack at a gym down the rd this afternoon and actually managed to hold it for about 5 minutes before some 12 year old gave me a whooping.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Damn you blokes must have been going hard out from the first day.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Bren wrote:Damn you blokes must have been going hard out from the first day.
    You get bulk xp when you start evolving them. Couple that up with a lucky egg and it really doesn't take long. I did go pretty hard on it tonight though after seeing the level the other blokes on here were, found a bunch of lures next to each other and caught maybe 100 in 60-90 minutes.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Krump wrote:
    You get bulk xp when you start evolving them. Couple that up with a lucky egg and it really doesn't take long. I did go pretty hard on it tonight though after seeing the level the other blokes on here were, found a bunch of lures next to each other and caught maybe 100 in 60-90 minutes.

Yep. Go to a spot with two lures enxt to each other, have a stack of evolutions ready to go and use your lucky egg. EXP stacks up great. Also double exp if you hatch eggs too, so if you can, try and get your eggs 100-200M from hatching before you get to the lure zone when you use your lucky egg. 1K per hatch, or 2K if its a new pokemon to your pokedex.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:03 pm

Random wrote:

Regarding CP, don't feel like you are lagging too far behind either. You can jump pretty significantly early on.

As Finch mentioned 500 CP is the average/norm around more areas and with a team of them you can take any gym really. Even one with a couple 1000s. (May need some help though.)

Finchy and everyone else post up how your teams are going so we can have a dick measuring contest.

How do you do that again? SI can you help me please?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:10 pm

The Gaming Thread - Page 12 P6545qi
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:13 pm

That 361CP Eevee is going to be something good, hopefully not a Vaporeon...

Edit: Scratch that, I just caught a 450CP Eevee sitting here at home lol.

Last edited by Finch on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Bren wrote:Damn you blokes must have been going hard out from the first day.

I was all over it like a rash within hours haha.

I've seen people with over 2KCP now and level 20's. Holy shit.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:33 pm

Whats the deal with evolving and power up?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Bren wrote:Whats the deal with evolving and power up?

What do you want to know? Like which one to do, when to do it etc? Anything in particular?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Finch wrote:

What do you want to know? Like which one to do, when to do it etc? Anything in particular?
    Sorry for all the questions but I am a noob to this game. Yes, I have no idea what to do from here.

I do have one egg if that means anything? Also heaps of Zubat and Nidoran and a few Poliwag.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 am

Bren wrote:
    Sorry for all the questions but I am a noob to this game. Yes, I have no idea what to do from here.

I do have one egg if that means anything? Also heaps of Zubat and Nidoran and a few Poliwag.

Alright so basically this is it (We will use Zubat as the example here because they are fucken everywhere)

What you don't want to do is Power anything up. Definitely don't do it yet, if at all. Catch everything you see. Each time you catch something you get 3 candy of that Pokemon (Or it's pre evolution). If for example you have 10 Zubats, transfer 5 to the professor, most likely you want to send the lowest 5 based on CP. When you transfer any Pokemon to the Professor you get 1 candy of that Pokemon.

Once you get say 200 Zubat Candy, then evolve 4 of them at the same time (Preferably with a lucky egg, at a spot/s with Lure's down too).

You want to be evolving your Pidgeys, Caterpies, Weedles all in one lump with a Lucky Egg (Gives 2x Exp for 30 minutes). Pidgeys, Zubats/Caterpies etc are your bread and butter because they are so common and dont take many candy to Evolve (Zubat takes 50 but common as hell). Keep 5 or so of each for evolving, and transfer the lower level ones for the extra 1 candy, it all adds up. What you don't want to be doing is evolving your Pokemon that take 50 Candy or so. It's a complete waste. Take Poliwag for example, it takes 25 Poliwag candy to evolve him, that's lots, especially if Poliwags aren't common around you. You can save that Candy for Powering up your Poliwrath (Final Evolution) later in the game. Transfer your lower level Poliwags, and keep your strongest.

As for your egg, put it in the incubator and start walking, you will either get 1K exp, or 2K exp if its a pokemon which isn't in your Pokedex yet. If you had the lucky egg activated then it's either 2K or 4K.

Best to take walks on a stretch of road where there are a lot of PokeStops too.

Hopefully that makes sense...

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:12 am

Thanks for the hot tip Finchy. I already powered up my Golbat, Slowpoke and Spearow once before reading that. Oops.

Damn, this is more addictive then I thought haha.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:15 am

Bren wrote:Thanks for the hot tip Finchy. I already powered up my Golbat, Slowpoke and Spearow once before reading that. Oops.

Damn, this is more addictive then I thought haha.

Yeah so dont really power up. I powered up my Arbok today, only because I wanted to take down a gym.

You find higher CP pokemon the higher level you get.

So for example lets say you were level 5 now (IDK what level you are?) and you were finding 100CP Slowpokes, at level 10 you will find, 200-300 etc. Not sure on the exact numbers obviously.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:19 am

Also eggs give a lot of Stardust and 16(?) Candy of the hatched Pokemon.

Eggs are great.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:20 am

Yeah Im level 5 now.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:25 am

NSFW..

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonGoNSFW/
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:21 am

Finch wrote:That 361CP Eevee is going to be something good, hopefully not a Vaporeon...

Edit: Scratch that, I just caught a 450CP Eevee sitting here at home lol.

450 Eevee should pop over 1kCP. Mine resulted in my first 1k pokemon which is a Flareon.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:54 pm